NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Got my freeloader today, hopefully the game shall follow tomorrow! So frustrating having the freeloader but nothing to play with it yet :p

I hope ours arrive tomorrow Gizmo :) I feel your pain...since my Wii Game Rack is right next to my monitor...the freeloader is just glaring at me

I don't expect my VGP Brawl will arrive tomorrow, that's expecting a lot. Hopefully Friday though. So unfair all these people have it already, grr :p

I don't expect my VGP Brawl will arrive tomorrow, that's expecting a lot. Hopefully Friday though. So unfair all these people have it already, grr :p

We should expect a lot :p Its Brawl...they should know that and give us priority non courier shipping :p

Would be annoying if I didn't get it by this weekend because I'd have to wait till next Thursday before I'll be at home again. :p

I hope it arrives before I go to Uni tomorrow or else i'm screwed. Which is worrying me cause I think it'll happen and no one else will be in.

We should expect a lot :p Its Brawl...they should know that and give us priority non courier shipping :p

Haha we can hope. It's not so much the game i'm looking forward to I just want to know whether it'll work on my Wii. If it does THEN I will be pleased, very pleased :)

Im hoping it comes friday its really annoying though i cant be bothered to play anything just wanna play brawl

I took the chance and ordered both Freeloader (from a local site) and Brawl (from VGP.ca, they are fast). If everything is alright, I should be getting Brawl Monday, as I ordered Zelda: Phantom Hourglass last week. It was shipped Wednesday and I had it Saturday. Yay. ^^

Wth? My bloody freeloader has shipped from Code Junkies.

Guess I might try sell it to my friend for a break even, then he can import Brawl aswell. Failing that I'll stick it on ebay.

Looks like my Freeloader isn't going to be shipped until tomorrow, since I ordered it yesterday afternoon/evening:(

Meaning I wont get it until Fri/Sat....Maybe even Mon >_<

Please don't come after Brawl, that would SUCK!!

By the time i get brawl there will no doubt be a vid already but im planning on doing a vid for the first time i load up brawl so people can see if they need to update

By the time i get brawl there will no doubt be a vid already but im planning on doing a vid for the first time i load up brawl so people can see if they need to update

Yeh I still haven't seen a video of someone loading up the first time, it's only after they've seen it works.

Ok, is there brawl working confirmation? I've read that it both works and doesn't , but I only trust you people. Does it work?!

Rummy, does it matter? Some of the questions have been answered over the last two-pages, once it's friday this thread will be closed and a new one will be created with all info that you desire.

It's a bloody big game, thats why everyone's excited, we've waited ages for it, and most Europeans would have had to wait till June or after, i can understand all the excitement! It's just a damn forum on the internet, why does it have to be so regimental?

It's not exactly a 'specific' thread either, if your talking about the freeloader, your obviously going to talk about what games can be imported, where did people order there freeloaders from etc..etc..

I understand that theres alot of pages to go through but no-one else seems to care. Surely you can understand the sheer joy of most of these forumers getting a big Nintendo release early???

I can understand the excitement, I'm excited at the prospect too, but why the need to make a post stating you don't have the game? Why post saying how it ISN'T on the way yet? In fact, how is it not even SPAM? People looking for info have to trawl through numerous posts to find it, or(as people have started doing) re-ask a question that might have already been asked because they can't be bothered to read 50 pages worth of thread. This isn't a thread about brawl, it's one about freeloader, though I'm aware the two topics overlap. Where your copy of brawl currently is or isn't though? I don't see that being relevant at all. I don't want to ask a question, then come back the next day and have to read through a new 5 pages to see if it was answered. If no one else seems to care, then fine, but I'm not gonna stop voicing my opinion just because no one else shares it. Hell, you didn't hear me telling you to pipe down when you rudely and needlessly accused another member of supposed rudeness, for voicing a generalised opinion not directed at you. Not only that, but going on to voice prejudice against a whole city, just seems completely over the top and throughly unneeded, and in my opinion, makes you seem like a total jerk.

RGB isn't the standard red white yellow cable that you get with the Wii. You have to get it separately but it gives much better image quality. It's on this page: http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/11.html

I'm using one of those hence why I asked that question. But if it doesn't work with that I would have to go back to composite which I hope isn't necessary.

Thanks for that, I get thoroughly confused by all this display stuff, but I get it now. Hopefully Shadow(looks like he didn't see the post, or isn't going to though) or someone'll be able to test it and give us some feedback if it works with everything fine.

Ok, is there brawl working confirmation? I've read that it both works and doesn't , but I only trust you people. Does it work?!

Im uploading a vid where you see me put in the freeloader. So is that proof

Calm down Rummy :( Please?

It is a discussion thread after all. Info only comes as fast as it's recieved. :)

Hey, I was only replying to his question. Shadow, were your tests from this post with Wii or GC games?

Also, a modified post of some still unanswered questions, if anyone can offer them, then hopefully someone can collate alot of info in one place in the new thread.

Thanks, the only reason I suggested number 2 was to see if it remedies GC disc problems with the wiilloader not present in GCs with a GC Freeloader. It's a long shot, but I thought it's worth a try.

On the GC game front, some GC games work, but some do not. No exhaustive list yet, or reasons why.

3. Can anyone with Brawl and Wiiloader confirm, is there anything out of the ordinary about the online, does it work perfectly, a little imperfectly, does it not work at all?

Yesteryear reports that 'online works too, lag wasnt too bad', though I dunno what online modes he tried.

4. It's confirmed that GC games work with RGB output at 50Hz and 60Hz with the Wiiloader. Can anyone confirm for Wii games, and for composite(that's the Wii standard, right? The yellow RCA in scart block thing?) as well?

I can understand the excitement, I'm excited at the prospect too, but why the need to make a post stating you don't have the game? Why post saying how it ISN'T on the way yet? In fact, how is it not even SPAM? People looking for info have to trawl through numerous posts to find it, or(as people have started doing) re-ask a question that might have already been asked because they can't be bothered to read 50 pages worth of thread. This isn't a thread about brawl, it's one about freeloader, though I'm aware the two topics overlap. Where your copy of brawl currently is or isn't though? I don't see that being relevant at all. I don't want to ask a question, then come back the next day and have to read through a new 5 pages to see if it was answered. If no one else seems to care, then fine, but I'm not gonna stop voicing my opinion just because no one else shares it. Hell, you didn't hear me telling you to pipe down when you rudely and needlessly accused another member of supposed rudeness, for voicing a generalised opinion not directed at you. Not only that, but going on to voice prejudice against a whole city, just seems completely over the top and throughly unneeded, and in my opinion, makes you seem like a total jerk.

Anyone can think what they like about me, i really don't care, like i said before the people who care about me know exactly who i am and how i act, loads of people have got the wrong impression of me on this damn forum and i really couldn't give a shit!

Caris hates me because it seems like i get everything, so fucking what?! Scubahood thinks i'm a **** because i've paid about £7 extra to get DHL delivery on a game, you think i'm a jerk! :D

Also, I'm sorry but do you live where i live to say that i was wrong to hold a grudge against a place? Have you been through what i've been through, while living here? Do you know me? No?

Scubas message was aimed at me, i posted about my order, he stated he thinks it's sad that i added DHL shipping? Thats not being Rude, no?

You also took my message the total wrong way, i was calm and collective while writing that!

Fuck this, seriously....I can do without it...

I can actualy wait for brawl now cuz today Ive discovered a highly illeagal but very awesome thing you can do on the wii

Whats the big deal paying a bit more for faster delivery anyway? Beats the hell out of waiting extra days,especially when your looking forward to it. So who cares if we're impatient :heh:

Rummy, there's been several questions and several answers and discussion in this thread. People talk about hype because of something their excited for, it's not a bad thing.

I can actualy wait for brawl now cuz today Ive discovered a highly illeagal but very awesome thing you can do on the wii

You have had it chipped?

Also, I'm sorry but do you live where i live to say that i was wrong to hold a grudge against a place? Have you been through what i've been through, while living here?

You mean anywhere with Humans?