NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

If you think about it this freeloader is proberly designed for 2 games, Smash brothers and Mario Kart. Think about it, they'll be the most popular imported games. UK gamers will be getting brawl and US gamers will be getting Mario Kart next month. I'd be very suprised if they did not work.

Yes that is what most will buy it for but Datel have no way of knowing what bits of security Nintendo have up their sleeves.

On another note my gameseek order has now shipped

my freeloader from codejunkies has been on "In Process / Unpaid / Unshipped" since i ordered it on the 1st march gah

hopefully get that and smash bros by end of week but not optimistic

Mine's the same, but they've taken the money out my account so thats somethin

My order got shipped from GameSeek 2 hours ago now :)

Brawls been tested and works at CJ so there's no reason for it not to with the US version :heh:

Security Nintendo has up there sleeves, time will tell.

I epxect two to three months of the freeloader working before Nintendo release a firmware update that completely screws everyone who owns one.

And I expect Nintendo to do not bother with the Freeloader since it won't really do anything to them.

Brawls been tested and works at CJ so there's no reason for it not to with the US version :heh:

Security Nintendo has up there sleeves, time will tell.

I'd be more at ease if I knew it worked for the US one

Hopefully we'll know sometime today since people have the Freeloader and might get Brawl today. Then we can see if it works properly. I read some people ordered it from Gamestop and it got sent on Friday, so it should arrive today for them.

Pirotic [mod] on eurogamer wrote

I got my mits on a copy today and for what it's worth, doesn't seem to work very well. Feels very rushed, when you load it you're greeted with a lovely bunch of coloured bars akin to a spectrum preparing to show a title screen line by line.

The manual is one double sided sheet of paper which consists of about half a page of warnings about how "it probably won't work" when you update it, try import games on it or so much as breath on it.

Tried a few US GC games, none of which loaded. and tried No More Heros which seemed to do something, just something unfortunately didn't involve getting to the title screen.

The rest of the sheet tells you how to avoid firmware updates, by pulling the disc out and putting it back in a couple of times. So even if it does work, it looks like it's now "FREE 200% extra hassle!" over ye old Gamecube Freeloader.

CANCEL before its too late!!!

Someone off Neogafs has got it to work with their copy of No More Heroes which is good news!

Yea last page dude... There's still reports of it working and people not changing a setting for the game to make it work. And i'm sure i'll get it to work easily.

You should really check before you post Mr Troll :heh:

I remember my GC Freeloader not being perfect. You always had to do the motions twice, i'm not that bothered about the extra hassle... but i want propper proof that NMH doesn't work. Thats one game i really want the US version of.

Hmm... just realised something. NTSC games aren't going to work if you're in PAL60 mode. You have to be in 60hz or 480p mode for US games to work anyway.

I remember my GC Freeloader not being perfect. You always had to do the motions twice, i'm not that bothered about the extra hassle... but i want propper proof that NMH doesn't work. Thats one game i really want the US version of.

Hmm... just realised something. NTSC games aren't going to work if you're in PAL60 mode. You have to be in 60hz or 480p mode for US games to work anyway.

You can change that on the Wii menu right?

I epxect two to three months of the freeloader working before Nintendo release a firmware update that completely screws everyone who owns one.

As long as it works with Brawl it wont be screwing me over, im leaving the country in September and as far as I can tell Brawl is the last wii game i shall be buying for quite some time. Hell its the only reason I still have a wii, quite content to never update my wii again personally.

Mine also been shipped from there.

Anyone know how the hell to cancel my order from CJ online? Theres no way im paying £1 a min to tell them to cancel my order!

Well my freeloader has not come today, and my brawl has not shipped. Unless the postman knocked on with it this morning and i didnt here it

Pirotic [mod] on eurogamer wrote

CANCEL before its too late!!!

damn thats a lot of bother.. Datel cancelled my order as they do have japanese version in stock. I might not even bother once play-asia open pre-orders.

Yeah, someone pointed that out over on those other forums(where that Pirotic fellow is from) and I'm thinking a load of people might not have bothered to consider it, thus concluding that things don't work. I'm waiting on you guys to tell me though, cos I know most of you are all sensible ones :P

Some reports of people contacting various places stocking the freeloader and asking if it works with brawl and they get the response saying it's been tested and works...

Some reports of people contacting various places stocking the freeloader and asking if it works with brawl and they get the response saying it's been tested and works...

Yeah that was posted on Smashboards and i think i saw you post on the freeloader thread there :)

Hoping it's true; would be awesome! Need some more proof though....Hopefully by the end of today/early tomorrow we'll know for sure.

For those who didnt see

Great news everyone! your going to deliver..... (anyone get the reference?)

anyway, the great news. i emailed 365games a second time from an alternate email address asking if they themselves had tested it. here is the reply i got;

'Hi,

Yes we have tested the game ourselves and it works. The freeloader we have is for PAL consoles and does allow them to play the USA version of SSBB. Please note that these are both selling very fast today and we expect to sell out soon.

Regards

www.365games.co.uk'

Makes me wanna dance

:D

*goes back to writing his event match page for the site

For those who didnt see

:D

*goes back to writing his event match page for the site

That alone is the best news ever :D

Yeah the Event Match page will be cool...just doing Single Player ones til my pic guy can get all the 2 player ones, which is hard as hes doing it alone...he's unlocked 13 of them so far so thats something haha

Yes I know you meant the best news was that the freeloader works...dont judge my self promotion :p

*cancels EU Smash Bros and NMH pre orders*

*buys NMH and Smash Bros off Ebay... or VGP*

That's good, now to see if it plays in my wii. (surly if its dusty then blow it) I might get my freeloader from gameseek when the person that said there got shipped in 2 hours is that they sent? I just wanna be 100% sure before i do anything.