NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

I'm interested if the firmware update on the Brawl disc is neccessary to play Brawl, and if it is, it's going to be one for US systems. In that, isn't there a possibility for changing settings on the Wii, such as which region it believes to be yours, which may make the online not work, maybe make the online route to american servers(if the disc doesn't do that itself), may allow you to get american titles on the VC?

Even so, I'm starting to think more and more that it could be some pretty risky territory using a freeloader, so I'm definitely giving it at least 2 weeks to see if any kinks crop up.

EDIT: Daymn, reading that other forum, apparently there's problems with Brawl just due to laser issues and it being the first dual layer! Gotta suck, how comes we haven't heard of this before, or of it happening in Japan?

Your worrying to much here :heh:

It's not really necessary, we all pretty much have the firmware needed to play Brawl anyway and you bypass the selection for the update anyway, and since we alreaday have the update, it might not bother asking to update anyway. It won't re-route your Wii, it only connects to the US severs, but if you update your Wii, it'll either brick it or do nothing (CJ said on maxconsole he updated it or something and he never got prompted for the update and his "dashboard" didn't change).

We'll know all the facts soon enough. It's gonna be so fun seeing waves of people moaning it's not working when their doing something wrong :heh:

Help is at hand folks!

From that other forum, and for anyone who would like it, I present the hefty Wiiloader manual. All 2 pages of it;

n154io.jpg

28s4vbc.jpg

Notice the disclaimer of no guarantee from Datel, and the suggestion to forever use it so that no discs can update your wii. In fact, it basically says never to update your wii ever again lest it doesn't work, so what happened to all that firmware proof malarky earlier in the thread?

It could never really be firmware proof. Nintendo could research if they wanted to block it and release an update to stop it. Which I really doubt they will even do.

And anyway can't complain about getting free replacements.

The main thing Im worried about is if an update will be required to play on wiiware games in may which will block the freeloader

Ive emailed codejunkies and asked them if the US brawl is compatible. They will probely not be able to answer though

I think I will return Smash even if it works. All the trouble and insecurity I have to go through to play it and any other game, imported or not, isn't worth it for me. I can wait.

So does anyone have it?

Someone said there friend has it, where did they get it from?

Also DVD.CO.UK says its comming out on the 14th.

Edit: I looked around and somewhere else it said comming out 13th of March

When the GC Freeloader was doing the rounds , I remember seeing a few websites that confirmed compatability with assorted games.

Once people on here start receiving the freeloader and testing it , I wonder if it would be worth organising a seperate thread on here which would serve the same purpose as it would save the same questions popping up and it could be very useful as a quick reference guide for potential importers.

No More Heroes is back in at VG+. Only a matter of hours before everythings sent :D

What if Brawl and Wii-loader arrive and the danm Brawl disk won't read because you're wii is too dusty?. I can't see Nintendo having an interest in fixing it as Brawl aint out in Europe. (This may even delay our release)!

With all the hoo-ha going on, I'm going to just twiddle my thumbs with Wii Fit and Mario Kart. (Not to mention pro evo, no more heroes and, currently, Bully). Plenty to tide me over then.

Hense why I only ordered my freeloder until i knew the games worked!

My Freeloader from Gameseek has been shipped!

Do you have Brawl yet? :P

No, but I expect it to be shipped from VGP today as well. I hope to have them by the end of the week when I get home.

Pfft, we need someone to test it :/ To stop our fears

I mean, if the update is to give dual layered compatibility...then we may be screwed if it wasnt contained in the previous 3.2 update

No, but I expect it to be shipped from VGP today as well. I hope to have them by the end of the week when I get home.

I'd recommend dusting your wii (literally).

Mr Sheen could save the day if that dual-layered disk refuses to run.

I'd recommend dusting your wii (literally).

Mr Sheen could save the day if that dual-layered disk refuses to run.

That would have to wait till the end of the week as well. :p But I have it set up in an open space which is well ventilated and noone from my family smokes so it should be okay.

I really ust want someone to confirm NMH compatibility, happy to wait for Brawl as I imaging online will be a biatch!

my freeloader from codejunkies has been on "In Process / Unpaid / Unshipped" since i ordered it on the 1st march gah

hopefully get that and smash bros by end of week but not optimistic

Even if Smash doesn't work i'll just eBay it and get the Japs version, seeing as we know that that copy works.