NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Im going to put all my VC games and save data on my SD card just incase it erases the memory. I dont see why it should though.

Also be sure to redownload any VC games you have deleated and put them on the SD Card, since it might erase your wii shop channel account

And finally clear your internet connection before you load the freeloader, since it might affect the connection.

Finally DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CONSOLE!!!!

These things proberly wont happen, but its best to be safe

Another thing to fellow freeloaders dont be as paranoid as ssj

I have NO idea when my Freeloader will get sent from DVD.co.uk

And I have no idea when Brawl will arrive from VG+...By the sounds of no cancellations it'll be sent tomorrow though.

Its better to be safe than sorry.

Likelyhood of the freeloader affecting

Internet connection: 10%

The Consoles memory 30%

Update affecting the freeloader - 80%

And where do those stats come from :heh: They seem made up.

Nothing can go wrong if you follow the instructions anyway. And incase you don't know yet the Freeloader for Wii is a Cube disc.

I have NO idea when my Freeloader will get sent from DVD.co.uk

And I have no idea when Brawl will arrive from VG+...By the sounds of no cancellations it'll be sent tomorrow though.

Well DVD.co.uk have it listed as Friday, so around then I presume.

I considered gameseek as they say in stock, but as its a first time buy it will have to go to my billing (parents) address. If it arrived before/same day as Brawl (as thats going to my parents) then it would be okay. If it didn't...well I don't want to make two trips. Im okay with waiting.

They are made up lol

Just had an order update

New status: Preship Status No Cancellations

My VGP order is processing :D Only made the order friday night

woot woot...Brawl here I come

My Freeloader order at Codejunkies is unchanged...but they've taken the money, I just assume the page hasnt updated

I think most peoples Smash pre-orders have been processing for a week if not more.

And where do those stats come from :heh: They seem made up.

Nothing can go wrong if you follow the instructions anyway. And incase you don't know yet the Freeloader for Wii is a Cube disc.

Interesting little fact there assumed it would be a standard dvd

I think most peoples Smash pre-orders have been processing for a week if not more.

Interesting little fact there assumed it would be a standard dvd

Stop trying to kill my enthusiasm :(

Stop trying to kill my enthusiasm :(

Wooooooooooo my order status has changed bear with me whilst i find out what to

VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: *****

Detailed Invoice: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/account_history_info.php?order_id=*****

Date Ordered: Sunday 02 March, 2008

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Preship Status No Cancellations

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Let it be known that it is ONLY a few Wii's that'll be affected, though.

Meh, probably just a money saving measure by Datel using 8cm discs, or maybe a sneaky workthrough using some gc aspect of Wiis, I dunno, cos I dunno how the wii determines if a disc is wii or gc. I'm still eagerly waiting for news of fails/effects, starting to get worried about spoliers now that brawl's out in the US though. It also means any answers I want about brawl are possibly gonna make me encounter spoilers! :s

Just checked to see if my order has also been updated at VGP and indeed it has!

Rummy I have to ask, that quote in your sig is it from the legendary Ollie Williams from Family Guy? If so big respect :)

lol, yeah it is, I cycled through them for a while, and my avatar was (unintentional) homage to his shocked look when addressed by the narrator in one ep, cos a mate kept saying I reminded him of him. I'm quite confused seeing you though, cos I had convinced myself you were now McPhee. I'm gonna have to investigate further...

For everyone saying the Wiiloader could pose the problem of not working becasue they havent had a US copy of Brawl to test it on, what's so special about Brawl that it has to be Brawl they use, as opposed to any other US disc with firmware on it? Unless it's a specific brawl+firmware argument?

I have a bad feeling my Wii might be one of the ones that won't run Brawl, as I quite often have the Wii fail to load a disc after hitting the Play button. Have to take the power out the back and restart the console. Might be completely unrelated mind, but still, I have a nagging doubt about mine :(

Would NoE repair mine free even if I imported Brawl?

Just checked to see if my order has also been updated at VGP and indeed it has!

Rummy I have to ask, that quote in your sig is it from the legendary Ollie Williams from Family Guy? If so big respect :)

Mines a step behind all of yours since I ordered friday evening :( hope it still ships tomorrow

I have a bad feeling my Wii might be one of the ones that won't run Brawl, as I quite often have the Wii fail to load a disc after hitting the Play button. Have to take the power out the back and restart the console. Might be completely unrelated mind, but still, I have a nagging doubt about mine :(

I have the same fear...and sometimes the same issue...

Things Im most looking 4ward to

. Playing as sonic

. Online mode

. The soundtrack - listened to samples. IGN say its the best ever

I've got the soundtrack its great.

I hope the online works because people are saying it might not work with freeloader.

Also there is and update when you insert the game (i've seen a vid) hope thats not a problem, one thing is its an American update so what will happen?

Anyway i cant wait to play as olimar and the new improved G&W and Bowser. Coming to think about it i just can't wait to play as anyone.

I have a similar problem. It takes everywhere between a couple of seconds to two minutes before it's done loading and the game starts. Usually it's something between, around a minute.

I highly doubt it, but isnt it possible that the copys of brawl not working is a wind-up?