NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Too many posts to read, again. Two quick questions:

Are there any problems with displaying the a US game via Freeloader, if your TV isn't NTSC? Or does the Freeloader also help that? I'm not sure, whether my TV supports NTSC, although it displays at 100 Hz. Hm.

Second thing:

Online is possible in all possible senses, right?

If your TV can display 480i 60Hz, or 480p via component, then the TV can recieve NTSC signals. The online thing would be speculation from me but I am sure I have read everything is fine.

The odds of Brawl arriving for me are getting thinner and thinner now -.-

I was so sure it was gonna arrive today.

I don't know if that's the case. It's three years old now and it's not a flat screen TV. However, it is compatible with RGB, has that got something to say?

But will the Wii still output in PAL-mode, even if it's a US disc played via Freeloader?

No.

The Wii does no hardware formatting/filtering/scaling at all. Its all software, it just tells the disc what to output. You will have to change your options to 60hz mode or it'll be in black and white.

No.

The Wii does no hardware formatting/filtering/scaling at all. Its all software, it just tells the disc what to output. You will have to change your options to 60hz mode or it'll be in black and white.

So that's it? My Wii runs at 60 Hz all the time, and my TV displays that just fine, which will mean that I can smoothly run Brawl in colour?

I don't know if that's the case. It's three years old now and it's not a flat screen TV. However, it is compatible with RGB, has that got something to say?

But will the Wii still output in PAL-mode, even if it's a US disc played via Freeloader?

My old TV, which I got in 1999 for £85 accepted an NTSC signal, so the chances are it will be alright. Do you know what make and or model it is?

My old TV, which I got in 1999 for £85 accepted an NTSC signal, so the chances are it will be alright. Do you know what make and or model it is?

It's a Prosonic, widescreen, 100 Hz. I don't know the model, though.

My Freeloader arrived too. No Brawl yet though. Metroid Prime can be added to the GC compatibility list as my US copy kinda works. It runs but the graphics for the title menu aren't there, but when you get in game it's fine just a little bit of slowdown. Wind Waker doesn't work full stop. Not too fussed about cube games, I only care about that one Wii game.

got my brawl and freeloader, works fine :)

online works too, lag wasnt too bad, ill c u guys on later , is there a freind code / meet time

thread yet

What method did you use for Brawl yesteryear? Did you need to do an update, i've heard people can't get it to work without it.

got my brawl and freeloader, works fine :)

online works too, lag wasnt too bad, ill c u guys on later , is there a freind code / meet time

thread yet

Your a bastard :( Did you get yours from VG+? I'm still hoping for mine to arrive...

Ive got it bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Enjoy yourself mate!

Shadow mate! Hang in there!

i simply put the free loader in 2 times, then brawl, did the mini update,

reset console, loaded free loader put in game, went to heaven :) for 3 hours or so, b4 taking a break to come on here

it was off ebay mine , my vg+ hasnt turned up yet

i simply put the free loader in 2 times, then brawl, did the mini update,

reset console, loaded free loader put in game, went to heaven :) for 3 hours or so, b4 taking a break to come on here

it was off ebay mine , my vg+ hasnt turned up yet

So just to clarify you did install the update

got freeloader but no smash :~(

so when i get it i put in the freeloader twice

then smash

do the little update?

then turn off

turn on

insert freeloader

then smash

and dont leave house for 2 weeks ;)

Was everyone's Freeloader in a White Case?

Mine's in black but all the pics I've seen of it has it in white :s

Mines is white like a normal Wii game case.

How gay is that...hope it doesnt mean my freeloader is fucked or anything lol

Got my freeloader today, hopefully the game shall follow tomorrow! So frustrating having the freeloader but nothing to play with it yet :p

I'd be gutted if it came tomorrow for you or else it would defeat the purpose of getitng DHL and shipping NMH and DQ with Brawl -.-

If I didn't bundle i'd be playing NMH already.