NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Oh, does the Freeloader have to be signed for? I won't be getting it on the day it arrives, then!

If you got it from CodeJunkies then yea. Getting it through the letter box is much easier :heh:

What does "on hold" mean in the codejunkies site?

Anyone? Please?

From what I can gather it means you need to wait a bit longer for your copy to be dispatched since there's others infront of you,but then again, it happened to the 'In Process' people aswell. When did you order it? CJ went aobut saying how they were gonna send all orders before Sunday today. Wouldn't surprise me if they lied.

From what I can gather it means you need to wait a bit longer for your copy to be dispatched since there's others infront of you,but then again, it happened to the 'In Process' people aswell. When did you order it? CJ went aobut saying how they were gonna send all orders before Sunday today. Wouldn't surprise me if they lied.

umm... dont know... friday maybe. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to know I'm not being cheated :P

I'd try and find somewhere else personally. CJ have screwed a lot of people with the Freeloader with late dispatches. Dunno how they are now but there's some other sites like Gameseek and Diveneo that'll send it right away.

I would read through the thread to find the answer, but to be honest i can't be bothered to go through 39 pages.

Anyway back to the point, by importing brawl would you be able to play online still? If so, could you still play against PAL people when it actually does get released?

I don't blame you, and I unfortunately have and can confirm the bulk of the 40 pages is a crapfest discussion about deliveries and how people don't have their shiz, interspersed with me constantly complaining about it. On top of that, there's simply speculation, nobody here has given a 100% answer yet, and I shall also take the oppurtunity to repost my earlier post, as it asked the same question and others.

1. What's the state of things with GC games? What works and what doesn't, that you've found?

2. As silly as it sounds, can you boot and use a GC freeloader/AR with the Wiiloader? I'm curious about this that if it works, as it might fix GC issues.

3. Brawl related, is there anything out of the ordinary about the online, does it work perfectly, a little imperfectly, does it not work at all?

4. Good question from Zelda_rulez here, as display stuff goes over my head - Does it still work when you use an RGB cable or a composite, because I've(Zelda_rulez) heard reports of RGB not outputting a correct image with No More Heroes for example.

I'd try and find somewhere else personally. CJ have screwed a lot of people with the Freeloader with late dispatches. Dunno how they are now but there's some other sites like Gameseek and Diveneo that'll send it right away.

Well now that it's paid...

Hey i've been answering questions :(

Striders got answered last page, as for yours Rummy, some Cube games work some don't, no idea why. I tested Baten Kaitos Origins, Naruto CoN 2 and Sonic Adventure DX and only Baten Kaitos worked. The other 2 stopped loading once I pressed 'start'. The Wii knew they were there and that they were Cube games.

2.I have no idea, but if you want me to i'll test it.

3. Online will work. Friend Codes definently and as for Random, it will be versing people in the US for Region since that's the default location.

4.I've bene using RGB for mine so far and tested in in 50hz and 60hz and both worked fine.

If it's paid then hopefully it'll get sent tomorrow. The status on that site makes no sense.

will it currupt any pal save files when creating the usa smash oone?

will my pal wii be locked to usa from then on?

Might have something to do with the fact they're GC games ffs..

Might have something to do with the fact they're GC games ffs..

Considering how it says "play any Wii or GameCube games" :heh:

Hey i've been answering questions :(

Striders got answered last page, as for yours Rummy, some Cube games work some don't, no idea why. I tested Baten Kaitos Origins, Naruto CoN 2 and Sonic Adventure DX and only Baten Kaitos worked. The other 2 stopped loading once I pressed 'start'. The Wii knew they were there and that they were Cube games.

2.I have no idea, but if you want me to i'll test it.

3. Online will work. Friend Codes definently and as for Random, it will be versing people in the US for Region since that's the default location.

4.I've bene using RGB for mine so far and tested in in 50hz and 60hz and both worked fine.

If it's paid then hopefully it'll get sent tomorrow. The status on that site makes no sense.

Thanks, the only reason I suggested number 2 was to see if it remedies GC disc problems with the wiilloader not present in GCs with a GC Freeloader. It's a long shot, but I thought it's worth a try.

3. For the online, have you had this confirmed? This is my issue, it's all very well saying 'It will', but 20-30 pages back people were saying the Wiiloader 'will' be forever firmware and nintendo proof. I'll admit I don't know entirely how the NWFC works, I assume it connects to a predetermined central server, finds people, then creates direct connections to said persons for the games, rather than still routing through servers? If that's the case, it's fine. If there's still a server of some sort between the two, then it may well show detrimental effects having a US disc, assuming it takes its server/region info off the disc.

4. RGB, that's composite right? Like the standard Wii cable+scart block connection? Second, is that on Wii games or GC games, or both? I assume the games used are non-PAL games, right?

If you got it from CodeJunkies then yea. Getting it through the letter box is much easier :heh:

Thatt's irritating, as it's now in transit from the local sorting office, and they'll definitely try to deliver it today. Do UPS take it to the main post office, or will I have to go to a special UPS place?

And suffers slowdown :P

That really isn't a problem, seriously. It doesn't ruin the gameplay at all, it's just as if you gone through 'bullet time' or something! The game was made for gore, and it's really cool and not 'sick'. It only happens when your fighting like 10 people at once!

I don't blame you, and I unfortunately have and can confirm the bulk of the 40 pages is a crapfest discussion about deliveries and how people don't have their shiz, interspersed with me constantly complaining about it. On top of that, there's simply speculation, nobody here has given a 100% answer yet, and I shall also take the oppurtunity to repost my earlier post, as it asked the same question and others.

Rummy, does it matter? Some of the questions have been answered over the last two-pages, once it's friday this thread will be closed and a new one will be created with all info that you desire.

It's a bloody big game, thats why everyone's excited, we've waited ages for it, and most Europeans would have had to wait till June or after, i can understand all the excitement! It's just a damn forum on the internet, why does it have to be so regimental?

It's not exactly a 'specific' thread either, if your talking about the freeloader, your obviously going to talk about what games can be imported, where did people order there freeloaders from etc..etc..

I understand that theres alot of pages to go through but no-one else seems to care. Surely you can understand the sheer joy of most of these forumers getting a big Nintendo release early???

4. RGB, that's composite right? Like the standard Wii cable+scart block connection? Second, is that on Wii games or GC games, or both? I assume the games used are non-PAL games, right?

RGB isn't the standard red white yellow cable that you get with the Wii. You have to get it separately but it gives much better image quality. It's on this page: http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/11.html

I'm using one of those hence why I asked that question. But if it doesn't work with that I would have to go back to composite which I hope isn't necessary.

OK, all being well ShadowV7 'should' get his game today, mine is with the courier and i'm pretty sure his will be too (hopefully, for his sake), so people can finally get 100% confirmation that it will work! : peace:

Well my freeloader is in Eastleigh now and still says In-Transit...but Eastleigh is very near Bournemouth so I may get my freeloader today

Lets just hope Brawl also comes

Haha, dunno why I have a spark of hope but there's a part of me expecting Brawl today, when realistically, if it was shipped on Monday it'd only be getting off the plane today. :(

Haha, dunno why I have a spark of hope but there's a part of me expecting Brawl today, when realistically, if it was shipped on Monday it'd only be getting off the plane today. :(

I have the same hope lol

I think I'll wait with this till I can find out the game works 100% with it, and will keep working. I don't want to have a game of which some features don't work (due to updates/online not working cause of the freeloader).

I'm actually not too fussed about random online battles I think, as long as I can use friend codes and the game won't lag too much with this. But there's parts of the game that require you to update to get new content, and I just want to know if this works. =3

*will hopefully have answers soon, or maybe a European release date from Nintendo (but I doubt it)*