NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

but nintendo wouldn't have the time to make a decent update that would prevent it frrom working

this guy has it working (usa smash + UK freeloader). so it seems to work now (but will most likely FAIL when downloadable content and addons become available.)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=425&sid=b7dbe3668b816eee7375af8abc202f6a

Apparently, it involves a double insertion of the disc and then a historectomy

Guys can somebody who has animal crossing on the gc and the wii freeloader please test it. For me the game does load but i get no picture

I'm just wondering, if an update messes up your wii, shouldn't nintendo's warrenty cover it? After all, you haven't modified your console or done anything illegal.

I'm just wondering, if an update messes up your wii, shouldn't nintendo's warrenty cover it? After all, you haven't modified your console or done anything illegal.

yes that should be covered... It is not unknown for the firmware to become corrupted especially if there is a power cut midway. (Nothing to do with freeloader)

However, if you use a USA update on your EU wii and its screwed, nintendo could screw you if it is obvious that this has happended

However, if you use a USA update on your EU wii and its screwed, nintendo could screw you if it is obvious that this has happended

How? I've read the user agreement in the manual and it doesn't say anything about playing other region disks voiding you warrenty.

so we will need to run the free loader 2 times, then put smash in, do the update,

and from then on we will just need to use teh free loader i time afterward when we want to play brawl

Codejunkies still havent sent me an email confirming they stopped my order.

But the tick box is not there does that mean its been stopped? Because my dad wont order it from gameseek untill he knows they have stopped it.

Some things im unclearish about.

Do you need to update?

Does it work on a pal TV?

also does it work on firmware 2.3E

How? I've read the user agreement in the manual and it doesn't say anything about playing other region disks voiding you warrenty.

i havent read anything but if you use unofficial software (and even unofficial peripherals) why would nintendo support you? Seriously, its just common sense. I dont think nintendo would intentionally brick your wii for playing freeloader as this is not in their interests. However, I doubt they would test their regional updates on alternative region consoles force loaded using freeloader. (Yes, firmware is regional.)

I think all the upgrade is for is double layered disks and thats quite universal. Nintendo should have just gone ahead and made an update of it weeks ago

The good news is that the freeloader DOES NOT affect your wii's memory

i havent read anything but if you use unofficial software (and even unofficial peripherals) why would nintendo support you? Seriously, its just common sense. I dont think nintendo would intentionally brick your wii for playing freeloader as this is not in their interests. However, I doubt they would test their regional updates on alternative region consoles force loaded using freeloader. (Yes, firmware is regional.)

Because they would have to support you as they have a warranty for one year from purchase. If you are still covered by your warranty, then they have to fix your wii for free(as this is what they have promised in the instruction manual. And as far as i can make out, the freeloader does not break the user agreement.

Lol everyone seems to love the yum yum yum part, what have i created? :D

*Changes msn name to it*

I may have a problem.

I sent an email and went to return Items because i i wanted to stop my order. But one day after it says paid and it didn't say that last time.

Apparently if you update, you will still have 3.2E and all that so the risk seems to be minimal

CJ have just taken money off me after I did the return check box thing... I've already ordered elsewhere so now it looks as if i'll get 2 freeloaders. One will no doubt be up on ebay in a few days... All I can say is... BASTARDS!

CJ have just taken money off me after I did the return check box thing.

Same. And i sent them 2 emails

CJ have just taken money off me after I did the return check box thing... I've already ordered elsewhere so now it looks as if i'll get 2 freeloaders. One will no doubt be up on ebay in a few days... All I can say is... BASTARDS!

Fucks sake...

Same here man. Exactly the same.

See if you all were just patient like me (in my waiting not my constant bitching at CJ :P), this wouldnt happen :p