NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Also for more confirmation and to ease people, check out this from the VG+ blog.

Well it says All so I'm happy...since I pre-ordered friday :p

This is all quite exciting! It has that feel of waiting for Galaxy and Metroid to be dispatched! :D

I thought there would of been some sort of problem quantity wise but all is good so far. Now we need to meet online and you 'own' me as Pikachu >.<

Yea Freeloader should arrive tomorrow (i'll be in when it arrives) so then I can test my NTSC Cube games and change my settings and report back my results with pictures for proof!

Same here! I'll be testing Animal crossing, donkey konga, 4 swords and the wind waker.

If all of them work I could actualy sell my gamecube

ill test: tales of symphonia, Baten kaitos 1, baten kaitos origins and (soon) no more heroes (usa version)

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Hope the information below helps:

Wii Freeloader FAQ

What does it do? - It lets you play games from other countries on your PAL Wii console

Is it in stock? - YES

Does it work with UK and Australian PAL consoles? - YES

Do I need to take apart/modify my Wii console? - NO

Have you tested it/Does it really work? - Yes we have and it does.

Does it work with Super Smash Bros Brawl? - YES

How do I use it? - Simply insert your Freeloader disc and load it in the usual way. When the drive stops, eject the Wii Freeloader disc and insert the game, which then loads and plays just like it would on its own region of Wii. It's as simple as that!

Will a foreign game update my console with foreign firmware? - No, the wii freeloader plays the basic game file and that's it, basically. It ignores all update data that is on the foreign game disk that you are trying to play. It'll basically run the Wii Firmware that is currently on your Wii console.

I GOT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!! but no freeloader:( But thanks to stupid GameStop it cost me £50 because i got it shipped from the u.s.a and i never knew i had to pay this extra £25, and i have to pay or else they keep the games and the money:( :( at least i got it:smile: now i need freeloader

Btw, does anyone know - do you have to load the Freeloader every time you boot up the console, or just once? Since it seems to do something to the firmware (since you have to put it in again to reset it) it would suggest to me it's just once; meaning the main flaw of the GC one, having to play with discs every time, is gone.

Btw, does anyone know - do you have to load the Freeloader every time you boot up the console, or just once?

I think its every time you wanna play an imported game.

ShadowV7 have you got your DHL tracking number from VGP yet? I would email them, but i don't wanna come across to impatient! LOL!

Still can't believe some people paid an extra £20 to get it like 2 days early a tad sad don't ya think

Still can't believe some people paid an extra £20 to get it like 2 days early a tad sad don't ya think

Yeah, i'm sad.

Your from Colchester? Know-wonder your so rude!

EDIT: Sorry thats 'No'-wonder, sorry Colchester!!!!!

My Freeloader and Brawl are still 'processing'. VGP i'm not so bothered about. CJ will probably just forget my order... just like they forgot to take down "Wii freeloader works with Gamecube games" off of their website.

Yeah, i'm sad.

Your from Colchester? Know-wonder your so rude!

That would be no-wonder. At least us around Colchester can spell:heh:

Hehe not rude just honest. Colchester aint that rude at all you want rude then just take your pick out of any of the towns on the way to London from Colchester

I couldn't give a shit how i spell it! I'm not having some stranger say i'm sad because i can afford to spend £20 on delivery, thank you very much!

Us around Colchester? I am from around Colchester, i know full well how rude and sarcastic the people are thanks, your not doing too much to fight this case are you?

Still Processing

*mutters*

It'll be around 8pm probably when it'll say it's dispatched, from experience. I'm sad like that, i know all the times!

I was getting worried with it not being dispatched yet (Brawl) but then I remembered it's based in Canada :D

At least my Freeloader is en route!

If you're wrong...I will hunt you down and steal your copy

You can try, but you won't succeed! Hopefully we can have a online game when we get it!

Damn right we can :P

I will lose, lol. I'm not a Smash Bros expert! :D

Easy win for you though, maybe? Or am i lying? :heh: