NEurope
Haver

earthquake

BBC news 24 says it was "4.7 on the richter scale" and as we thought, began in Hull.

i would just like to note that i reported those details to the forum a whole 4 minutes before the BBC. Clearly the BBC needs me on their news team!

Me also very jealous, as the numerous posts in this thread even though I didn't feel it at all would suggest.

And yeah, I find it very very cool that we are talking about it before its on the news! I also am on msn to my friends across the country, and as I was talking about it I got a sense of just how much the internet can bring people together and help them share stuff like this. It was an internet based vision, and it told me: the internet fucking rocks. Thank you for listening.

Im in Surrey and felt nothing thanks for the heads up on msn though Dyson!

Also I love how 25 people are looking at this. I can't think of a thread that had many people in it at once (at least for a long while). Yay for sharing!

None of my mates were on msn. So tomorrow I'll say "Awesome earthquake last night!" and I'll get "ya mum", or some other random insult. Yay for insomnia.

I'm going to give up waiting for aftershocks and go to bed. I have exchanged excited texts with all my Geological friends, so there is nothing more for me to do now.

Man, I want to be in another quake that felt amazing!

I slept through the one in 2002, and if I didn't have to do a stupid report (which I'm just going to forget altogether now) I probably would have slept through this one too.

Sorry...

I didnt realise the arse kicking I gave GH2 the other night was going to cause such aftershocks (Kick the bucket achievement finally !!)

I will try not to rock so hard at the game in future. :P

i felt it!! jamba and i were on the phone ~ we both felt it n' he lives miiiiles away~

*resists temptation to make "earth moving" joke* :blank:

it's like preparation for *proper* earthquakes in tokyo :grin:

Anyone know if it was felt in Ireland?

I'd be surprised if it was cos it wasnt felt all the way across England.....I could be wrong though.

Fuck me, Market Rasen is where I visited Fordy one time; dunno if his mum is still there...

The place has a lot of historical buildings (And road crossing ducks).

May have caused some structural damage imho.

Im surprised it was felt as far as it was.

At first I thought it may have been mining subsidence in the local area, then I got a text from my other half 40 miles away in Leeds saying it had woke everyone in their house.

Oh well, I experienced floods last year, earthquake tonight and the end of HD DVD last week....Armageddon is approaching.:heh:

My TV shook, my chair, car alarms are going off, microwave rattled, windows wobbled.

My house shook a bit but it was nothing like that.

Aww man, sounds so cool. I'm now a tiny teensy bit jealous (weird thing to be jealous about but still).

Aww man, sounds so cool. I'm now a tiny teensy bit jealous (weird thing to be jealous about but still).

No, I understand perfectly. It was awesome.

Well apparently we had it here aswell. My mum said things were shaking and stuff. I slept through it though.

Omg! I felt this massive rumbling and was like "What is that??" at around 1 in the morning! :o

But because i was tired it didn't really dawn on me that it was an earthquake. Definately felt the shakes though!

Then it stopped and i thought nothing else it! :)

A brick fell of my garden wall.

Some sick head picked it up and whacked it through my dad's car's back window.

It's times like these that it is only right to do an Alan Partridge style:

"THIS COUNTRY..."