NEurope
Haver

Freaks and Geeks

Has anyone seen this show? It's a ball. Like Richmond High, but funnier, and more geeks/freaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks_and_geeks

It's difficult to get on DVD here but it is discoverable on the internet. It's just as likable as their later stuff, Superbad/Knocked Up etc. Lots of future talent (James Franco, Seth Rogen, the chick from ER) in there.

And some great writing:

Lindsay's Dad, on Halloween night, after scaring some little kids: "I'm not really a vampire, I own a sporting goods store"

A very, very young Shia LeBeouf, on being the school mascot: "I wanted it to be funny. Vicky didn't want comedy"

If you PM me I can tell you more about this wonderful show but not where to find it.

Been meaning to check it out for ages, but weary of it after Judd Apatow's recent parade of bullshit.

I assume its in all the usual places, i'll check it out I guess.

It's brilliant, I got it on DVD for christmas. (Had seen it before anyway) Linda Cardellini :heart: is lovely in it. Bill is clearly the best character as well.

I love Bill.

It's just a great show across the board. Mixes the funny and the serious so well. They should put this on CBBC rather than all the other crap.

On S01E11 now, just finished the one where Bill gets to play short-stop, which I think is my favourite so far.

Then Undeclared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undeclared

Just watched the first episode, I like. It's definately influenced by "My So-Called Life" but uses the influence in a good way. Haver and anyone else who's a fan, should definately check out "My So-Called Life", I think you'll like it.

never heard of it.

Jonathan Ross gave it five thumbs.

killthenet: will check it out.

Oh and your suggestion that it should be on CBBC is a good one, but sadly I don't think they'd allow the word 'retard' in a kids time slot.

Finished watching the series last night, it was really good. I didn't realise it was set in the 80's until the second episode or so, though I though Bill Murray references were a bit odd for 1999.

And I agree, Bill is a fricking genius.