NEurope
jayseven

Hyde Park 4th-6th July N-E Meet and Mainland July 5th Meet in Holland

Ok, so if I find someone to go backpacking with, I'll probably have to miss this :(

But the chances of finding someone to go with are extreemely slim. All my bastard mates either have work, or have to go back to school. Fuckers.

You all suck with your other things you'll do, you had plenty of notice! I don't care how awkward or weird this'll be, I'm coming! It's gonna end up costing me a whole £4.90 too, so guys better appreciate! I might bring a friend or two though, just in case it is too awkward and we just sit there in silence with our copious amounts of alcohol.

You all suck with your other things you'll do, you had plenty of notice! I don't care how awkward or weird this'll be, I'm coming! It's gonna end up costing me a whole £4.90 too, so guys better appreciate! I might bring a friend or two though, just in case it is too awkward and we just sit there in silence with our copious amounts of alcohol.

Exactly, minus the friends bit. The awkwardness is what makes internet meets!

Especially the whole looking for the group, and going up to strangers

Are you from... the internet?

EDIT: If I do go on this backpacking thing (which now is more likely), I've decided I'm gonna leave on the evening of the 5th (that is if I get the train to the mainland). So meet up with you lot, and go off to wherever the eurostar is nowadays.

EDIT2: Looks like I'll be backpacking towards the end of July. GAMEON!

I hate organising this. I asked for people to PM me with what days they're going and for how long/how many nights, and THREE people out of all of you responded. Clearly people are not reading back on this thread, and it's annoying. How am I supposed to know how many beds to book and for how many nights if nobody is responsible enough or even decent enough to PM me? How can I trust that I will be refunded for the deposit I am willing to lay down for you if you can't even do that?

Yes, I am annoyed.

I hate organising this. I asked for people to PM me with what days they're going and for how long/how many nights, and THREE people out of all of you responded. Clearly people are not reading back on this thread, and it's annoying. How am I supposed to know how many beds to book and for how many nights if nobody is responsible enough or even decent enough to PM me? How can I trust that I will be refunded for the deposit I am willing to lay down for you if you can't even do that?

Yes, I am annoyed.

Trying not to piss you off even further but I thought you'd assumed that I wasn't going to be in the room because I hadn't sent a pm.

But bugger when nobody pm'ed. Sorry hun!

jay, just book it without them, if they get put into a room full of strangers it's their fault (I think it was mentioned the hostel does 34 bed rooms).

edit: 3+1 != 3

Here's an idea; phone the hostel, tell them you want a group of us to be booked in to the same room and ask if you can get a group reference. Book your bed, post the reference up on here and let people sort their beds out themselves.

Just to check, you did get my PM, yes?

Yes, I am annoyed.

I'm not planning on staying as I'm going away on the 5th, and I live just outside London. However, I've been following the thread closely, and, well, I didn't see it...

McPhee I like your idea. Ok so I'll add it to my all-new List Of Things To Do, and book 1 x Room for 6, and we'll squabble after that.

Sooooo

The meets coming up pretty fast and this thread is pretty dead. Whats going on people?

Still got to book my train tickets. Might just get on the day.

God knows I completely forgot about this with the birthday and the parties and whatnot heh!

Not sure if I can come on the Saturday as I hoped, work has summoned and I'm not sure if I can get the day off.

Damn, there was people I wanted to meet aswell =\

Still need to book my train tickets. wondering if the hostel was booked before booking the train.

Well I can say for certain that I won´t be coming, due to me nt getting a job in time and said job has a retarded way of paying me

Coming for the saturday.

Holy shit, it's only a fortnight and 5 days away!

Hope everyone's still coming...otherwise I'll be in London for 3 days on me own :p. I think we should seriously start sorting out the hostel thing (if not...i'll just have to book a travelodge room for a couple days...), and figuring out where we're going to meet/ exchange phone no's etc. I might disappear for a little while cause some friends want me to swing by since I'm in London, but we should think about stuff to do while we're there.

I'll be making an appearance on either the Friday or Saturday, possibly both. Won't be staying the night though, only 40 minutes away from London town.

I might come for the Saturday! I didn't have any intention of going what-so-ever before... but I think I will!

Excellent to see the rise in interest :) Just thought I'd apologise for not doing what I said I'd do.

I WILL book a room at that hostel for SIX people. Me and Wildo will have the first two places, and the next four will be up to you guys. I really, really hope and plan to arrange this room by friday... So yeah. I have three, maybe 4 PMs for people who want to stay. Letty may well get a place auto considering her distance... so, uh, yeah... make sure you PM me if you want a place too.

What happens to the people who dont get a place. Do they have to book another hostel/hotel themselves?