NEurope
jayseven

Hyde Park 4th-6th July N-E Meet and Mainland July 5th Meet in Holland

OK. So this is me putting my 'ass in gear' and making a separate thread to the meet-up thread, because everybody keeps asking wtf is going on.

Oh! And Credit goes to DomJcg as I believe it was him who suggested Hyde Park :D

This first post will be updated with the 'current' plans.

The main 'event' will take place on saturday 5th July, beginning/occuring at Hyde park - a more specific place shall be determined closer to the date when markers have been actualised.

There is the option to spend a couple of nights in london - from the 4th to the 6th. I've made some posts in the other thread regarding Hostel and camp-site locations, and I really can't be arsed to sort all that out right now.

So yeah -- this first post will hopefully include all sorts of crazy plans, including what trains who will be arriving on where; what activities will be available, and whatever else. But right now it's late/early and I can't be bothered. So yeah, here's teh LISTT!!!!!! Here's hoping for a better, more coherant post/thread at some point soon.

How To Get There

By Coach

National Express

- National Express can offer extremely cheap fares called 'funfares' from dozens of places around the country into london and back.

If I get the coach there and back from brighton, it'll cost me £17 roughly, and if I go from Sheffield it will cost me £25 - but the fares are cheaper the earlier you depart, so investigate thoroughly.

MegaBus also have cheap coaches, depending where you're travelling from it might be cheaper to use MegaBus. It's much cheaper to use them if you're going from Glasgow.

By Train/Tube

- If you travel by train you will most likely be arriving either at Euston, Victoria, Kings Cross/St Pancras or Paddington.

Here is a map of the relevant underground stops to demonstrate how easy it is to get to Hyde Park :P There are three tube stops that will take you to the part of the Park close to where we'll be meeting.

n518191408_640687_874.jpg

Marble Arch, Lancaster Gate and Hyde Park Corner are your target destinations.

Again, the earlier you book, the cheaper it will be!

Accomodation

Several methods have been suggested;

-Hostels

Be sure to read the small print - know exactly how much you are paying and what for. Also if you are under 18 please check that the hostel is legally allowed to cater for you.

Check check-in and check-out times.

Hostels are budget places where you pay for the bed, not the room.

HERE is a list of hostels in central london, with prices per bed per person ranging from £12 to £22 per night.

-Smart Hyde Park View

is a 3-star hostel

en-suites

£18.99 for a bed in a 6-person room (can book the whole room)

£10 deposit.

5% surcharge if paid with credit card

Must pay on arrival.

Right by the Park

Internet access

a pizza restaurant attached where guests get 20% off

oh, and a bar.

- I will most likely be staying here.

-Hostel 63

£12.99 a night.

Up to 10 people in a 'dorm'

Close to the park

BBQ on-site!

Sounds like some place out of Half Life 2.

-Dover Castle Hostel

From £16 pppn

Bar inc

up to 12 per room

takes credit cards

Price includes VAT

Only "problem" is distance - but is close to a Northern Line tube station and entirely get-to-able.

- The Astor Kensington Backpacker Hostel

- The Royal Bayswater Hostel

I've found a backpacker hostel called the Astor Kensington Backpacker Hostel. A 10-bedroom mixed dorm would be £18pppn, 4 people would be £25pppn, 6 = £24pppn, 7 = £23pppn, 8 = £22pppn.

The place is literally around the corner from Hyde Park. Problem? They only accept guests between 18 and 35.

There's a whole array of cheap hostels in london. The Royal Bayswater Hostel is £13pppn (tax not included..) if you're willing to share the 20-bed room.

-other hostels in the area

Unfortunately quite often, VAT is not included in the online prices. Be careful.

Things Wot We Might Do

- Trocadero Arcade

- Picnic

- Frisbee

- DS gamage

- Drinking

- Oxford Street

- Camden Market

- Museums

- Pubs

- Card Games

- Scavenger Hunt

- BISH game

- Go

Helpful URLS

- The Facebook Event

Guarenteed People coming - 14. There Will be a register.

jayseven (is king of the castle)

Supergrunch (Dirty rascal)

nightwolf

thirtynine.

Caris

Chuck

Stefkov

Letty

ShadowV7

Twozzok

Roadkill

Dante (assuming nightwolf gets her way)

The Bard

McPhee

Maybees

Oxigen_Waste

Rummy

Ellmeister

Charlie

Beardy Man

Cube

jimbob2720

The fish

Coolness Bears

ReZourceman

Dyson

Raining_again

Hellfire

Haver

Mundi

(this post has been edited to include up to page 7 of the other meet thread..)

P.S:

Maiky-NiSuTe

Is hosting an event in Holland for the mainland Europeans.

Date: Saturday July 5th

Street: Graaf Engelbertstraat 50

Postal: 5046 LW Tilburg, The Netherlands

Phone: +31135358331

Maiky says;

"we will have a BBQ and loads of games and consoles to play on several TV's. If you are coming please let us know!!"

I think that sounds awesome, so if anyone can go please let him know :)

I suppose I'll add myself to the list, as I'll almost definitely be going. I'll be taking the Picadilly line from King's Cross to Hyde Park Corner sometime in the morning on the 5th.

As I said on Facebook, I am guaranteed not. Family obligations make me carnie folk that day.

I'm currently a more maybe than not. I'll be coming in from the south east on some national rail, probably to victoria or london bridge, then gonna the tube or attempt to walk there from central, I'll probably get lost somewhere along the way though.

I'm a maybe too, need to see if I can get time off work and if I can encourage a certain someone to go down with me for the weekend again. And if I'm able to stay at my cousin's flat or not.

Add me and Chuck.

Like i said before there's a group of use gonna go down for a few days not just the one so if you wanna join us, bunk into our hotel room and cheapen the cost just let us know.

I'll probably be in the middle of exams :S

But if not, count me in :D obviously, i'll give a definite answer later.

I will consider going, but it will depend on if i am on holiday or work commitments and if i can book time off.

I might! :)

i'm not sure, i probably won't be! :D

if coolness goes - so will i :grin:

coolness = awesome!! :yay:

Add me and Chuck.

Like i said before there's a group of use gonna go down for a few days not just the one so if you wanna join us, bunk into our hotel room and cheapen the cost just let us know.

If you'd said that sooner.

I'll go to this here meet up.

if coolness goes - so will i :grin:

coolness = awesome!! :yay:

Hehe! Thanks Bluey! :grin: but all the way from Japan? :o

It depends on a lot of things whether i go or not! :)

If you'd said that sooner.

Well come on MSN/Skype more often so i can actually talk to you.

I'm going aswell and probably gonna go to a hotel or something to stay, cause you know, traveling sucks.