NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Wii Pay & Play

Pay for usernames rather than friend codes....had to be thrown in there :p

You make a good point. I think they need to make these games that you have to pay for online should be made with a better online set up.

We need value for money!

The problem Nintendo right now is that they just gone on the world stage and said "You know all that stuff you do for free on the Wii? Well in the future you MIGHT have to pay for parts of it on some games." and then pissed off leaving everyone bemused and annoyed. They'll soon realize that this announcement was received badly and be forced to clarify the details so we know exactly what we'll have to pay for.

It would be a lot easier to be optimistic about this if Nintendo had a good track record with giving gamers what they wanted, rather than what they thought we wanted. I'd like to believe that this will lead to no more friends codes, but I can't see Nintendo dropping them now.

Remember before the Wii was launched? If people suggested that Nintendo would still be using FCs, there'd always be others saying, 'Don't be so negative! FCs are for the DS! Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to use them for Wii!'. Then when the Wii System code was revealed, everyone thought we'd be using those instead, and were let down. Then with Mario Strikers we thought that Mii-specific FCs were likely, but no, let down again.

You can't blame some people for being sceptical about this..

Why do you think the 360 has a higher attachment rate for software than the Wii?
Because it's out twice as long it has a 60% higher attach rate?

I freaking hate all the hate in this thread. Nintendo is improving here, yet it's "I'm not paying", and "It's not good enough". Shut your whining! It's entirely optional and better than it used to be, even Nintendo improving is getting buckets with shit.

I freaking hate all the hate in this thread. Nintendo is improving here, yet it's "I'm not paying", and "It's not good enough". Shut your whining! It's entirely optional and better than it used to be, even Nintendo improving is getting buckets with shit.

Hell yeah, i salute you ^^

Chill DCK! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Finally someone has said it.

People can like and dislike what they like, you can't change peoples own opinion, you just gotta go along with it.

Everyone is entitled an opinion, but this isn't about opinions, this is about getting your facts right. The NoE apoligation thread was exactly the same, people spitting out their crap about something they don't understand, yet still think they can flame all they want in their ignorance. This is not something that you can have an opinion about, because you don't know what it is!

All I do know is that all this criticising is simply unfounded jumping to conclusions, and that annoys me to no end, as it's not the first time this is happening. All the things we do know are pointing in a positive direction, but there's a collective hate against Nintendo growing here that is just unfair.

I hate it when people try to justify ignorance with freedom of speech.

Sounds interesting, though I reckon such a system would be just an experimental first step in a very long term plan for expanding their online services.

Everyone is entitled an opinion, but this isn't about opinions, this is about getting your facts right. The NoE apoligation thread was exactly the same, people spitting out their crap about something they don't understand, yet still think they can flame all they want in their ignorance. This is not something that you can have an opinion about, because you don't know what it is!

All I do know is that all this criticising is simply unfounded jumping to conclusions, and that annoys me to no end, as it's not the first time this is happening. All the things we do know are pointing in a positive direction, but there's a collective hate against Nintendo growing here that is just unfair.

Welcome to the world of the internet.

Like it was said earlier though its not just here its everywhere. I read the news on here and checked the replies and then Gamefaqs, then ONM and lastly GT forums and just about everyone is negative about this annoucement.

It would have helped if they develed into the annoucment a little more just as guyfromsparks said.

Personally im happy with this development as I love DLC on the 360 so why wouldnt I like it on the Wii?

Sounds interesting, though I reckon such a system would be just an experimental first step in a very long term plan for expanding their online services.

In all fairness if they should have had the online aspect of the Wii ready for launch instead of claiming nobody wanted it when back in the Cube generation.

Anyways enough debating from me, im off to watch Transformers in HD which I downloaded from Live :)

Welcome to the world of the internet.
Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's any more acceptable... It didn't use to be this way on N-E not too long ago :sad:
Like it was said earlier though its not just here its everywhere. I read the news on here and checked the replies and then Gamefaqs, then ONM and lastly GT forums and just about everyone is negative about this annoucement.
Just because the reaction is similar everywhere doesn't mean it's justified. I guess it's the internet, indeed.
It would have helped if they develed into the annoucment a little more just as guyfromsparks said.
That would've helped yeah. But still, the current announcement doesn't deserve the reaction it's getting at all.

Shh casual.

Sory guize I just thawt that ther wuz correlashion with da threesixtees hi attachment rayte and da amount of high qualitee gaems. aslo scince da wee haz sold moar dan da threesixtee now shuldnt de amount of softwear brought increese with da amount of hardwear brought? my bad. durrrrrrrrrr

LOLZ GUYZ! Fcuk sails , atachmend rait itz da shtiz now!

Anyway...

I don't know what they're doing with this, its obvious they're going to use is it with their own games or they wouldn't announce it themselves. But it says pay, and I don't like to pay, so I can not be for it.

I just came home and saw this news.

We need more info from Nintendo and examples of games and features that will be using it. They really should have said more.

It could work out ok, but it could also turn out horribly messed up.

The whole "game by game" part really worries me, with no info on how much a subscription fee would be it would need to cost very little...then again, NES and C64 games on the VC should also be costing a fair bit less than they are now.

Will this include Multiplayer modes? Or just for DLC and extra features...but if so why a subscription? DLC should really be a once off.

MMORPG's fair enough I guess, i could understand that.

But then if they expect us to pay for this they really need to sort out a better online strategy also. Friend Codes are clearly going to be a downside for Nintendo for as long as they continue to use them, we need a unified system with universal ID's, if only to span just the games with have to "Pay and Play" with

Well one of the main reasons I went with Nintendo was the free online play. I'm not 100% happy with the news. But I remain optimistic that Brawl and Mario Kart Wii will be free.

I think this will be great, I mean ITS OPTIONAL!! It really is the best of both worlds as long as they do it right!

This is lame. I hope it's cheap or I won't use it.

Heh, typical Nintendo fan mentality; You know you're about to be shafted but yet you still butter-up and go down on all fours. Waaaah. :heh:

I don't want to pay for a username and then have to type in the friend codes of all my friends. If it was like that, it would make more sense to subscribe for you friends rather than yourself.

Well I cannot believe they have done this...Nintendo have always said they did not fully enter the online arena until they felt it could be free and sustainable, they have now turned round and shit all over that and decided to start charging us.

but what if this all means: people that pay can play online games that their friends own (aka game sharing of the nintendo DS) meening they wont have to buy the game to play it online and only have to temperately download game data.

I don't really mind to pay for DLC, but a subscription per game could be a bit expensive if a lot of games are using this. I don't think a lot of games will use this though, Monster Hunter 3 will probably be one of the first.

LMBO at how this topic turned into Wii Vs 360.

Hasn't it? Seriously, no-one can slate a 360 if they haven't got one or played it longer then say..2 weeks. It always turns into a 360 VS Wii and theres no true winner out of the two of em, each does certain things better then the other!

Also, don't slate people for not liking the sound of this Wii Pay & Play thing. With the stupidly small details Nintendo gave us (don't they always?) it wasn't exactly clear what the hell is gonna happen, and may not be just 'MMO' games. After being told that there internet service would be free, Wii owners probably feel as though they don't wanna start paying now, which i agree with.

What if the main game to use this service is 'ANIMAL CROSSING'? I find it odd that they've announced this now and Animal Crossing is out in Japan at the end of the year, and everyone has hinted at it being a MMO type game....you never know...

Enjoying not having to clean it up are we?

lol yeah :)

Arguements like this were the main reason I quit being a mod as it happens far too often in the Wii boards.

Back on topic, being able to download some new items on Animal Crossing would be sweet and I would happily pay a few quid for such things.

How about we just wait and see what it's all about before going crazy and jumping down Nintendo's throat.. the thread got ridiculous there for a while..

I know Nintendo always seemed to suggest that their online service was going to be free, perhaps most of it still will! Maybe by paying a little extra, we can get some cool stuff that otherwise wouldn't have happened..

Subscribing to specific games can be a good thing or a bad thing. On the good side, if you have less games you use online, it will work out cheaper.. but on the bad side, if you have an awful lot of online games, it's gonna be expensive!

I've been thinking (totally speculation of course, but then isn't that what everyone has been doing?) ..for instance, when Mario kart comes, it's likely to be free to play online against other players, but maybe if you pay a one-off subscription for the game (however many points) then, if you're using Wii Connect 24 you could wake up some mornings and find you've had a new Track/Cup/Mission/Character downloaded automatically to your Wii (providing there is room in the fridge :heh:)