NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Wii Pay & Play

I've never played a Wii game online. How do they play out? Do they totally suck in terms of performance? (lag)

The only time I was lagged I was downloading lots of stuff, other than that they work fine. Mario Strikers for example says the connection quality of your oponnent, so you can cancel the game and avoid playing against lagged people.

So basically, we would not be paying for a connection which doesn't totally suck ass when it shouldn't anyway? If so, that's fine. If this means dedicated servers hosted by Nintendo, and other additional things, fine.

The way I see this, you can still have some ordinary online features in these games, but the Pay & Play will vastly expand it with more features. I think Pay & Play will actually sometimes mean DLC, not a subscription to play online.

Cool they have finally caught up to the PS2's online.

Well done Nintendo.

It lives. Joy.

I've never played a Wii game online. How do they play out? Do they totally suck in terms of performance? (lag)

I'm mightily impressed with how Mario Strikers and Battalion Wars 2 play out online. Fair enough, Wii Online is no XBL, and both could perhaps do with some more options, but both handle really, really well online. I've not experienced any lag at all - unlike some DS titles (Phantom Hourglass...).

I get barely any lag in my Wii online games, unlike the 360, where most games are unplayable.

I ask because Madden 08 is really bad apparently. I know it wasn't developed by Nintendo, but it got me a tad worried.

I ask because Madden 08 is really bad apparently. I know it wasn't developed by Nintendo, but it got me a tad worried.

That runs on EA's servers, and I haven't played any of EA's online games. Nintendo's games are all fine though.

There's some lag in EA servers, at least with Madden, even though I managed to play a few games fine.

I get barely any lag in my Wii online games, unlike the 360, where most games are unplayable.

How unfortunate.

It's ridiculous that Nintendo are still refusing to create a external memory device for the Wii if DLC is going to play a large part in the Wii's online future.

Oh dear. This really doesn't help the Wii's case in cementing the gamer market when there is already a clearly superior internet service available (Xbox Live).

There isnt much to play online on Wii as it is.

*insert mindless Sony pro-hype bullshit here* right?

I think some people are being over dramatic. I think this is going to apply to games that are much bigger in size (RE: MMOs) than anything else.

Really, it is the same damn thing Sony does for the PS3. A large number of your games are for free, but MMOs and the like will carry a charge naturally.

It seems to me that people simply want to bitch about, something.

I stopped reading after the first half of the page, I hope more intelligent replies were posted. I'm getting really bored with the fickle attitude of people on here, sorry but I am. This board slags off Nintendo when things go wrong and refuse to aknlowedge them when they do amazing things. They slag off the Wii for what it isn't rather than appreciating it for what it is. They slag off the online service of Nintendo, a free service and repeatedly bang on about Live and Home, and as soon as Nintendo start saying okay, we'll give you a better service but there'll be a charge then everyone fucking moans!!!!!!

IT'S INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!

Seems fine. You play most online games normally.

If a MMO or something comes around, you pay extra.

Nintendo gives it a fancy name, and suddenly, everyone believes it's a whole new thing.

I stoped rwading after the first half of the page, I hope more intellgient repleis were posted. I'm getting really bored with the fickle attitude of people on here, sorry but I am. This board slags off Nintendo when things go wrong and refuse to aknlowedge them when they do amazing things. They slag off the Wii for what it isn't rather than appreciating it for what it is. They slag off the online service of Nintendo, a free service and repeatedly bang on about Live and Home, and as soon as Nintendo start saying okay, we'll give you a better service but there'll be a charge then everyone fucking moans!!!!!!

IT'S INFURIATING!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the irony... lolololololol

I'd be happy to pay to play MMO games, as long as the other games are still free to play online then its all good.

It shows that Nintendo are aware that gamers and 3rd parties aren't happy with the friendcodes and now they're offering an alternative. Hopefully with Pay and Play service we'll only need 1 code like a 'Pay and Play' code for all the games.

Then the cure for FC will be known by all! Now they're looking at the core gamers who don't want those restriction FCs and want a better service.

By the way dazzybee these negative views against Nintendo (from Nintendo gamers) are very common these days.

Take this example: Wii Pay and Play Thread - ONM Forums

The ONM forums used to be full of fanboys but look at their posts; the majority of them are more pissed off with Nintendo than we are.

So don't act like Nintendo don't deserve all this negativity. Clearly they're doing something wrong and that is alienating a large amount of their core fanbase.

I won't pay. I'll buy the games, those that require payments for online gaming, for their single-player only or I'll not bother buying them at all.

I don't think it is that, it's that really annoying mentaility of bashing success. If Nintendo were doing as badly as they were last gen then people would be praising them because no one is appreciating them; now EVERYONE seems to be buying the Wii, people always swing the other way and have to attack it. It's the same with everything - the loudest voice is that of opposition! Simple as that.