NEurope
Razz

Give Blood.

or that our taxes will return reapable benefits.
Our taxes however are wasted. And until I believe that's a lot better than it is (of course there will be some waste), I believe I, and everyone else shouldn't have to give anything else that will be wasted.

I don't know of facts and figures, but I would guess that the figures the blood organisation produce as their estimated, predicted amount of blood needed daily/weekly/monthly/yearly would have something to do with blood disorders that people are born with.

It sounds harsh to some probably, but many of these people have passed on diseases; something that could have been avoided by someone not having children.

Of course it's your choice whether to donate or not (hence the charitable terminology), but to think only of the negative possibilities -- what about saving the pregnant victim of a hit-and-run?

I can understand you not wanting to donate to a drug dealer who's lost a lot of blood over a turf war or whatever, but you have to recognise that you're letting the minority of malignants prevent you from helping the majority of society-benefactors..

Well by "sitting still" I'm as uninvolved as possible. Something belonging to me going to someone that deserves no blood from ANYONE sickens me more than someone not getting any.

Anyway...Thank you for discussing such a thing as an adult....It's been a long time since I've seen that.

Is there a way to give blood to the military only? I'd give it then.

*checks public profile for age in disbelief*

and dude, idiocracy isn't a word... if you're going to shun a concept, use teh inglish! :grin:

It's a film

so you're either a jehovah's witness or a nazi? like jayseven said, it's totally not for us to decide who does and does not deserve to live. so lying in a hospital bed after a steam-roller accident, would you accept blood, not knowing who exactly it had come from?

I knew you'd start with some sort of labeling:

I am an idividual, and believe what I believe.

I don't jump on any train.

I use my own mind to decide what to believe.

And if you really do believe that we shouldn't decide who does and doesn't deserve to live, then if you and I were to give blood, we would be going against your beliefs; as we shouldn't be choosing who lives.

And yes, I pay my taxes and break no laws (appart from DLs things "belonging" to people with pleanty of money that they selfishly have to themselves anyway).

And appart from things used when a dependant, I have used no services appart from recycling and the police and military to protect me etc (as everybody does) I use no other "public" money.

So I would be selfish and have someone's blood; I'm not perfect, and would do it simply to live, as my body/mind, for some reason wants me to.

Our taxes however are wasted. And until I believe that's a lot better than it is (of course there will be some waste), I believe I, and everyone else shouldn't have to give anything else that will be wasted.

I don't doubt that taxation could be way more efficient, but I do think that we are living a lifestyle not possible if you don't pay taxes at all. I don't see the poor as a drain on the rest of society, i see them as people just like us, unfortunate to have started off worse.

Hell, I say 'they' when I'm the product of a household that would not have coped without the benefits of others paying taxes.

But that's another matter entirely -- I'd be playing devil's advocate if I acted like taxes are a grrreat thing :P

It sounds harsh to some probably, but many of these people have passed on diseases; something that could have been avoided by someone not having children.
Do you think letting the weak die is going to somehow make the strong stronger? If we didn't have to care for the stumbling, what would we do? Spend all our money on designing faster cars? :| It's a bit of a leap, I know.

I

Well by "sitting still" I'm as uninvolved as possible. Something belonging to me going to someone that deserves no blood from ANYONE sickens me more than someone not getting any.

But I believe there are situations where sitting aside and doing nothing whilst knowing full well that you can actually help someone is not neutral. Sure, you're keeping your conscience clear, not helping and baddies - but you're neglecting your capacity for good.

Anyway...Thank you for discussing such a thing as an adult....It's been a long time since I've seen that.
No worries :) As the paraphrased saying goes; i may disagree with you, but hell if we agreed what'd we have left to discuss? :P

Is there a way to give blood to the military only? I'd give it then.

Depends on how much you're willing to give... I mean if it's 10 pints you may as well sign up yourself ;) Funny thing? If you were in the military over certain periods of time, you're not allowed to give blood. Why? Ohh, conspiracies abound!

.. I could only find intra-military donations, I'm afraid. If you're serious then email the blood organisation.

A quick tour of some sites, it appears that many countries are freaked out about 'mad cow disease' or something, and if you've lived in teh uk for six months or more between 1980-1996, you can't donate (in germany and Australia, at least)

I knew you'd start with some sort of labeling:

I am an idividual, and believe what I believe.

I don't jump on any train.

I use my own mind to decide what to believe.

Very decent perspective on life :)

And if you really do believe that we shouldn't decide who does and doesn't deserve to live, then if you and I were to give blood, we would be going against your beliefs; as we shouldn't be choosing who lives.

I see it more as who dies, not who lives. Of course you can argue that they're two sides of the same coin, but even if they are then they're inherently polarised in value, thus there's a difference in choosing one or the other.

And yes, I pay my taxes and break no laws (appart from DLs things "belonging" to people with pleanty of money that they selfishly have to themselves anyway).

And appart from things used when a dependant, I have used no services appart from recycling and the police and military to protect me etc (as everybody does) I use no other "public" money.

So I would be selfish and have someone's blood; I'm not perfect, and would do it simply to live, as my body/mind, for some reason wants me to.

But if you're paying the same taxes and receiving the same benefits, what's the problem? Don't want to pay for libraries that you're not using, or streetlamps on streets you don't ever use? Maybe we do need a tax thread :)

I don't doubt that taxation could be way more efficient, but I do think that we are living a lifestyle not possible if you don't pay taxes at all. I don't see the poor as a drain on the rest of society, i see them as people just like us, unfortunate to have started off worse.

Hell, I say 'they' when I'm the product of a household that would not have coped without the benefits of others paying taxes.

But that's another matter entirely -- I'd be playing devil's advocate if I acted like taxes are a grrreat thing :P

I never mentioned the poor.:) In fact my family used to be "poor" during my early years. We had not much more than the house itself and the necesities (sp?). I do however blame spongers for eating our money, the ones that can still afford Sky on benefits, and have 50 kids that will grow up to be useless, and live in a council house that could be used for someone deserving.

Anyway....I actually meant those with high pay packets in the Government and Councils and NHS is where LOADS of our money goes to waste.

Do you think letting the weak die is going to somehow make the strong stronger? If we didn't have to care for the stumbling, what would we do? Spend all our money on designing faster cars? :| It's a bit of a leap, I know.

No...What I meant was I shouldn't have to pay for something that could have been easily avoided. I've no problem with the disabled, but to knowingly breed it is against evolution, and in many ways now I think about it, is actually child abuse in my eyes.

But I believe there are situations where sitting aside and doing nothing whilst knowing full well that you can actually help someone is not neutral. Sure, you're keeping your conscience clear, not helping and baddies - but you're neglecting your capacity for good.

But I also didn't put them where they were to need the blood; so to me, I'm neutral. I'm not saying I would help someone injured on the street (unless for a few reasons), but I wouldn't want to help anyone "faceless"....It's just how I am.

Depends on how much you're willing to give... I mean if it's 10 pints you may as well sign up yourself ;) Funny thing?

It made me smile;) Though it's a serious issue.

If you were in the military over certain periods of time, you're not allowed to give blood. Why? Ohh, conspiracies abound!
That's quite disgusting they can't.

It's not that I'm in the military that I would give it to them or anything; but I see them as very deserving for my blood, and it wouldn't be simply a random person then.

What a stupid belief you utterly selfish bastard.

Fuck off. Go and give all your money to those in Africa if you're not selfish yourself. Go and give up your life for everyone else and live on things that are nessicery only i.e. food & water.

Looks like you've failed that with the internet and all fucktard.

It's asshole, illogical, raving idiots like you I'd never see a mL of my blood go to. Go and live with Mohammed Al Fayed or something.

I can stoop to your levels too you know.

I sure hope you give blood as much as possible if you're going to be like that.

For one, you need certain amounts of selfishmess for society to survive, if you cared not about yourself, the world wouldn't work. The word selfish is vague to say the least. It's when people get overly selfish, and others get overly giving when the world starts to stumble, something which is definately happening today.

Criminals are selfish, and then the generous people seem to basically "let them off" etc etc.

It's my right to be as selfish as I wish, and seeing as though I'm not as selfish as "John Smith", I'd say i'm doing fine.

Fuck off. Go and give all your money to those in Africa if you're not selfish yourself. Go and give up your life for everyone else and live on things that are nessicery only i.e. food & water.

Looks like you've failed that with the internet and all fucktard.

It's asshole, illogical, raving idiots like you I'd never see a mL of my blood go to. Go and live with Mohammed Al Fayed or something.

I can stoop to your levels too you know.

For one, you need certain amounts of selfishmess for society to survive, if you cared not about yourself, the world wouldn't work. The word selfish is vague to say the least. It's when people get overly selfish, and others get overly giving when the world starts to stumble, something which is definately happening today.

Criminals are selfish, and then the generous people seem to basically "let them off" etc etc.

Haha.

Giving my worldly possessions to Africa is impractical. Plus its not my fault I was born into a country that lets me have these things. Anyway, point aside, giving an hour of my time and a pint of my renewable blood isn't impractical.

Not everyone in GB is a benefits scrounging, idle criminal like the Daily Mail is making you believe. There are many people out there who are in need of help at times and are the model citizen.

Go and live with... Thatcher.. or something.

A lot of my family wouldn't be here without blood. This makes me a little sad inside. But then again there are a lot of people who are willing to give blood. I feel horrible for not being able to give myself, I'd be down there as soon as I could if it was possible.

Isn't it supposed to be quite good for your body giving blood - ie getting your body to create a fresh supply?

Haha.

Giving my worldly possessions to Africa is impractical. Plus its not my fault I was born into a country that lets me have these things. Anyway, point aside, giving an hour of my time and a pint of my renewable blood isn't impractical.

Not everyone in GB is a benefits scrounging, idle criminal like the Daily Mail is making you believe. There are many people out there who are in need of help at times and are the model citizen.

Go and live with... Thatcher.. or something.

Oh yeah....That's right....You're the one that believes that anyone with an opinion reads the Daily Mail.

Did you even read my post? I never said all poor people were scrounging...

Giving my worldly possessions to Africa is impractical. Plus its not my fault I was born into a country that lets me have these things.

So just because you live in the shithole that is Manchester and still have nice things, you can't do anything nice for others in another country because you were born in this country?

Not that I do, but it seems your excuse is dreadful

I really think you need some serious mental help:

You need to stop believing that scroungers are a fantasy made up by some sort of evil brainwashing organisation called the Daily Mail. Are you allied to some other newspaper like some raving football idiot?

You need to stop living in the age of the mines. It wasn't only Thacher's fault they "failed", she wasn't superwoman, and I'm sure even she wouldn't have said that; it was also the fault of those representing the miners.

I bet you wouldn't be living in a negative past had you been saved by some loony Argentinians.

Oh yeah....That's right....You're the one that believes that anyone with an opinion reads the Daily Mail.

Did you even read my post? I never said all poor people were scrounging...

Yeah that's me. Although I'd call your idea of an "opinion" a delusion.

So just because you live in the shithole that is Manchester and still have nice things, you can't do anything nice for others because you were born in this country?

I do nice things for others. I give to charities, etc, I just wouldn't give up everything I own to give to someone else. Any I'm guessing that practically everyone will agree with me.

I really think you need some serious mental help....And you need to seemilgy stop living in the age of the mines. It wasn't only Thacher's fault, she wasn't superwoman, and I'm sure even she wouldn't have said that; it was also the fault of those representing the miners.

I bet you wouldn't be living in a negative past had you been saved by some loony Argentinians.

Haha... when did the mines and Argentina come into this?! Mental help? Oh the irony!

No...What I meant was I shouldn't have to pay for something that could have been easily avoided. I've no problem with the disabled, but to knowingly breed it is against evolution, and in many ways now I think about it, is actually child abuse in my eyes.

By not helping someone with a birth disease, you're not helping to lower their number. You're just supporting the death of someone who didn't deserve it.

Plus, not everyone with a birth disease could be prevented.

But not giving blood because the recipient might be evil? That is quite short-sighted.

Anyway. I rewrote some of that post:

I really think you need some serious mental help:

You need to stop believing that scroungers are a fantasy made up by some sort of evil brainwashing organisation called the Daily Mail. Are you allied to some other newspaper like some raving football idiot?

You need to stop living in the age of the mines. It wasn't only Thacher's fault they "failed", she wasn't superwoman, and I'm sure even she wouldn't have said that; it was also the fault of those representing the miners.

Yeah that's me. Although I'd call your idea of an "opinion" a delusion.

So I'm deluded because I know there are scroungers and it shouldn't be happening?

Haha... when did the mines and Argentina come into this?! Mental help? Oh the irony!

When you decided to bring The Daily Mail in here, and then Thatcher

They're both Conservative?!...What a surprise, and what do many people, especially Northerners, blame for the loss of jobs during the later Conservative years? The Torys?!:o Shock-Horror!!!

It seems to me you've been brainwashed like crazy to hate anything any Tories say, since you've argued exactly the same things before, even if it's true, like "Spongers". And although the problem may not be as large as the Daily Mail makes out, it doesn't give it reason to exist.

My Falkland reference was to try and give you another perspective from your anti-Thacher mindframe; but being seemingly narrow minded, you've probably never even heared of them.

When you decided to bring The Daily Mail in here, and then Thatcher

They're both Conservative?!...What a surprise, and what do many people, especially Northerners, blame for the loss of jobs during the later Conservative years? The Torys?!:o Shock-Horror!!!

It seems to me you've been brainwashed like crazy to hate anything any Tories say, since you've argued exactly the same things before, even if it's true, like "Spongers". And although the problem may not be as large as the Daily Mail makes out, it doesn't give it reason to exist.

My Falkland reference was to try and give you another perspective from your anti-Thacher mindframe; but being seemingly narrow minded, you've probably never even heared of them.

Because you're opinions are something that a Daily Mail columnist would write. Then Thatcher? Well that was a childish comeback to the MAF comment you made. It was meant to be ironical. I guess mummy and daddy's money to send you to public school isn't being put to its full uses!

Oh, and I have heard of the Falklands, thanks ;)

Anyway, let's move this topic back onto blood donation.

By not helping someone with a birth disease, you're not helping to lower their number. You're just supporting the death of someone who didn't deserve it.

I'm aware of this; but in this case, a friend/family member can give the help.

Plus, not everyone with a birth disease could be prevented.

But many could.

But not giving blood because the recipient might be evil? That is quite short-sighted.

So are small punishments/the letting off of "evil" people.

So is letting seemingly anyone into the UK

So is letting illegal immigrants get Visas

It's my blood, I can do as I wish with it. And it seems the day has come when society has really collapsed so that I have no choice as to what I do with my blood.

I've no problem with the disabled, but to knowingly breed it is against evolution, and in many ways now I think about it, is actually child abuse in my eyes.

Go and live with Mohammed Al Fayed or something.

Haha, these two quotes me laugh out loud.

I was going to say that perhaps in a few years when you've matured a bit you may think differently (perhaps even from a drastic life experience, such as being involved in an accident and been given donated blood in order to stay alive)... then I looked at your profile and saw you are the same age as me.

I'm shocked.

Ah well. Still, maybe you were one of the late ones. Let us all just be thankful that not everyone has your attitude.

Because you're opinions are something that a Daily Mail columnist would write.

So?!....Why don't you go and shag your Independant then. I don't support any Party, nor Paper....Unlike you seemilgy.

Then Thatcher? Well that was a childish comeback to the MAF comment you made. It was meant to be ironical.

Based on your brainwashed ideals that she was more insane that "MAF", and proof that you live in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wasted more public money than Thatcher.

I guess mummy and daddy's money to send you to public school isn't being put to its full uses!

Public School's supposed to be posh now?:wtf:

You some sort of pikey?!

Kurtle do you inform the authorities about people who are claiming benefits when they don't need them?

So?!....Why don't you go and shag your Independant then

lol

You some sort of pikey?!

I guess they don't teach you humour either ;)

You some sort of pikey?!

How does that make him a pikey? You have to pay to go to a public school.

Kurtle do you inform the authorities about people who are claiming benefits when they don't need them?

The authorities sometimes willingly give people money that don't need it is my point.

[sarcasm]Why would I know anyone like that?...I'm of course some Middle Class wannabe-toff like BlackFox wishes to believe:indeed:[/sarcasm]

How does that make him a pikey? You have to pay to go to a public school.

Sorry...I was getting Public School confused with what the Americans would call Public School, as it makes sence. i.e. Govt. School

See, I went to a normal school just like you BlackFox, except my teachers weren't crazy blame spreading miners.

I was going to say that perhaps in a few years when you've matured a bit you may think differently (perhaps even from a drastic life experience, such as being involved in an accident and been given donated blood in order to stay alive)... then I looked at your profile and saw you are the same age as me.

Having a child while carrying a genetic disease is completely different to being in a car accident, and, as I said before, family members can contribute to those unfortunate people most of the time.

So...You don't think that kicking a child the shit out of isn't child abuse? because it's basically what you're doing giving them a life de-enhancing disease.

Guys calm down.... :(

Sorry Hannah; but I'm just defending my opinions as they attack me. You know I'm not one to back down to basically personal attacks.