NEurope
Stocka

The GC Graphics Appreciation Thread

Hell yeah The 3rd Children ToS is incredible, in my top 3 games ever for sure!

And the graphics are wonderful.

Argh its too good *listens to ToS music*

Theres one thing I wish they'd done with Symphonia though... added more of those FMV cutscenes! They were incredible.

4789.gif

..In fact.. imagine a next gen Tales game looking like that ingame :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hell yeah The 3rd Children ToS is incredible, in my top 3 games ever for sure!

And the graphics are wonderful.

Argh its too good *listens to ToS music*

Theres one thing I wish they'd done with Symphonia though... added more of those FMV cutscenes! They were incredible.

4789.gif

..In fact.. imagine a next gen Tales game looking like that ingame :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was thinking the exact same thing about 5 minutes ago when I was re-playing the game, that would be SOOOOOOO FANTASTIC!

I'm suprised this didn't get mentioned.

luigis-mansion-2.jpg

Luigi's Mansion, a debut game for the Gamecube, yet Luigi still looks great in it. Even better than in Mario Kart in my opinion. The dust effects were awesome too. Another underrated game.

Kirby's Air Ride

05.jpg

A way underrated game in my opinion due to stupid reviewers telling stupid people how they should like the game. Damnable sheep (in my opinion.)

Edit: Incase you can't gather, I meant underrated. I blame reviewer.

just look at the new zelda for the GC, my brother was on about how crappy the graphics were on the GC, but then i just said look at the new zelda, it looks better than that (he was playing onimusha 2 i think, ps2) and he just shut up.

Baten Kaitos is very definitly on my big list of Gc games to get once they become uber-cheap after this gen. I saw my friend playing it and the graphics were incredible.

ME0000406264_2.jpg

ME0000406236_2.jpg

ME0000406318_2.jpg

I also intendo to get Mario Power Tennis, which also happens to be rather shiny.

Review-NGC-Mario_Power_Tennis-03.jpg

Review-NGC-Mario_Power_Tennis-02.jpg

Review-NGC-Mario_Power_Tennis-01.jpg

ive got mario tennis and its really funny, when didy uses his jetpack type thing.

is awesome 2 player, going against ace rivals, really fun

so many good looking games i havnt got, not been getting GC games recently, next one will be LOZ:TP, looks absolutely..wow

not the greatest pic i found but still looks great

scan11.jpg

It was asked that noone posts about unreleased games at the start of the thread Stev.

Kirby's Air Ride

05.jpg

A way underrated game in my opinion due to stupid reviewers telling stupid people how they should like the game. Damnable sheep (in my opinion.)

Edit: Incase you can't gather, I meant underrated. I blame reviewer.

That's two people on this forum who've said that KAR is underrated...I'm wondering whether I should get it now. Did reviewers want it to be Mario Kart or something?!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the powder based game yet....1080 Avalanche!!

nintendoconf_051403_005.jpg

I love the 1080 graphics and the 'tracks' or slopes or whatever they want to be called. I just wish the game was more Multiplayer based, I felt that was a REALLY big let down. :(

The reason I put this game before any other is because its the first cube game I ever got. And so I present Super Mario Sunshine. Look at the water effects. Thats the power of the cube :grin:

ss_sms_pre164.jpg

What about P.N.03?:

At the time it was released I really thinked that it had nice graphics. So stylish!

Yeah, PN03 is very stylish indeed. And has anybody mentioned Pikmin(1&2)? I think they look very good, and calm. Couldn't find any good pics tho, google is f**kzord.

Phantasy star online episode 1&2 had nice graphics in the new areas like the Jungle stage:

psoepiandii_screen001.jpg

The level had three sections to it, one in the Jungle, one in a mountain area and a seaside area.

psoepiandii_screen009.jpg

These games i believe look absolutly great on the GC.

windwaker-screenshot.jpg

Wind Waker shows me that Cel-shading can be and is beautiful. Screenshot proves it

19.jpg

Metroid Prime has to be the best looking abd best playable fps on the cube period. The graphics are awesome, as shown on this screenshot

1x0.jpg

Konami and Silicon Knights show us what Metal Gear solid looks like using cube graphics. This game looks and plays excellent

nintendoconf_051403_005.jpg

1080, a game underrated but gorgeous scenery though

POP3-01.jpg

Warrior Within, plays awesome looks awesome.

Also, Super Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 1+2, Mario Sunshine and Star Wars (Rouge Squadran 2+3) all have awesome graphics as well.

When Twilight Princess comes out, it will be added to the best GC game graphics list i have.

19.jpg

I fecking love that place. I can just wander around it just looking at the environment. Utterly amazing.

sonic_gc21.jpg

sonic_gc22.jpg

sonic_screen003.jpg

sonic_screen019.jpg

Although I can't see any difference from the DC version I got, it still looks good. Too bad I cannot find screenshoots of the later levels... I love the later levels.