NEurope
dazzybee

Apologise to NoE

Massive fanboy? What does this even mean, it seems to be used in a negative way as a kind of last ditch insult when people have no debate left. But what the fuck does it mean really? Am I a Nintendo fan? Yes. Is it blind? No; it's based on YEARS of genius! But thats a different point.

The Wii ISN'T just a powerful Gamecube though is it? It's all about the motion sensing controllers, it's all bout the new channel system and BUILT IN WIFI!!!

Speaking of built in wifi, I bought a 360 and had to pay an EXTRA £60 to make it wireless!! Bargain that is. The pS3 is GREAT value for money, the 360 is THE worst built console I have ever owned and I have owned pretty much every single one - the Jaguar and 3di were both better built!!!!

But again that wasn't my point either - it's common in psychology that when someone can't win an argument they resort to arguing about something else (as a side note this ALWAYS happens in relationships, keep your eye on it).

Could Nintendo treat us better? Of course, but people on here are fucking brutal!!

PS To be honest, it was meant to be a light heart, slightly more positive thread; rather than the usual bullshit negative crap that gets posted in EVERY....SINGLE......THREAD!!!!

You're already admitted to being a fanboy to me before, and it's clear to every one who isn't blind you are. There's really no debate to be had here, you compare the treatment Nintendo give us to the treatment we get from Sony and Microsoft, and it's embarassingly bad. Nintendo are reasonable for once out of a million other times, and you want them to be praised? No way. The only thing about the Wii I like is the nunchuk, and the wiimote, and the nunchuk hurts my hand anyway no matter how I hold it.

And I admitted I'm a fan too? - aren't we all? Why are we all part of a Nintendo forum if we're not.

If fanboy - please tell me, what does this mean!!!

And I never compared us to Sony and MS? Someone else did and I commented on it - am I not allowed an opinion? Please tell me why because we don't agree you have to call me a fanboy - I do not understand the mentality of this; but then I was past my teens a long time ago ;)

Well a fanboy to me is someone who is clearly biased in favour of a company or developer, and makes up excuses for their short comings. Nintendo are a company, and I respect they are going to make decisions which they think will make them the most money, but as a consumer, that means nothing to me. I want as much quality and quantity as I can for my money, and Nintendo just don't deliver that compared to their rivals. I love Nintendo games, I just think of how much better they COULD be if they just gave us a more powerful system. The thought of Twilight Princess on a system as powerful as the 360 makes me drool, but we aren't going to get that, because Nintendo decided to make a weak console to make as much money as possible, not to keep the console cheap like they claim. They could afford to make the Wii around £120 quid and STILL make money, but they don't. Again, as a company, that's fine, but compared to the other consoles..........

I think the Wiis better value than the 360 but not as good as the PS3 is my honest opinion. Does that make me a fanboy?

I've said things could be better but I guess I just don't give a shit as much as you guys; all I was saying that the slating the guys get, they deserved a bit of applause for what I feel is two really good releases!! But I'm not allowed to say that.......

And I agree, I WOULD love Zelda to be in HD and amazing graphics, I guess I'm just not that bothered it isn't and still found the game to be more beautiful than most 360 games!!

The thing you have to realise, is that Nintendo simply COULDN'T do the console you want. Nintendo were in absolute shit the last gen, which isn't long ago at all. People were tipping them to bow out all together. Nintendo HAD to release a cheaper console to get people to buy it, they HAD to try something completely new and get new gamers because they cimply couldn't compete in the business. AND IT WORKED!!!!!! If Nintendo did what Sony and MS did they wouldn't have sold many consoles (or games), simple as that. Nintendo did what they had to do, and succeeded beyond everyones imaginations!! I think they should be applauded for that.

But then I guess that makes me a fanboy..........

NEVER!

*Raises middle finger at the whole of NoE*

I love you.

All these delays are annoying but from what I rememer of Nintendo, didn't Miyamoto say something like a delayed game is a good game?

I'm not too fussed about the delays. As long as I get my hands on Mario

im VERY happy we are getting m kart and wii fit b4 yanks,

as awsome as smash bros series is its no match for mario karts.

Here is something I want to throw out there. Do you think that a delayed game can hurt it? For example at the moment we all have the smash bros hype. We're getting video feeds of people in Japan playing it some crappy dojo updates. Soon our American friends will be playing it and we will still be there with cube controllers an wiimotes in hand waiting, probably until the world has stopped talking about it. The question is would as many people still be bothered about it after the hype has gone.

Every single person on this board is a fanboy, even if they deny it, own multiple consoles, or try and present unbiased arguments. The best thing to do is ignore it or at least laugh at it.

The main thing that pisses me off about fanboyism is it ruins pretty much every thread. IMO this place isn't too bad with fanboyism, but places like NEOGAF where a lot of interesting information is shared is ruined most of the time by fanboyism, especially in Wii topics.

Anyway, NoE is probably only shit because they are on a tighter budget than NOA and NOJ.

Also, I never understood why European games have to be translated into so many languages. Why, I bet that every French, German or Spanish gamer knows English. Heck, I played LoZ:OoT when I knew very little about English, but I owned a dictionary and learned English through that game.

All these delays are annoying but from what I rememer of Nintendo, didn't Miyamoto say something like a delayed game is a good game?

He probably talked about delays to polish a game before his first release in Japan, not delays because of Europe being a leper area.

I never understand people who moan about delays. There are so many good good games to be played and people moan about a delay or too.

I have a job, a girlfirend and a home and I struggle to get in all the gaming I want! How on earth people manage to get through so many games a month makes me think they might need to get out a bit more...

I don't think not-doing-something warrants an apology.

If I punch you in the face and you tell me you hate me, do you apologise if I don't punch you the next day?

LOL. Worst. Analogy. Ever.

I never understand people who moan about delays. There are so many good good games to be played and people moan about a delay or too.

I have a job, a girlfirend and a home and I struggle to get in all the gaming I want! How on earth people manage to get through so many games a month makes me think they might need to get out a bit more...

Your kinda taking the piss out of alot of people on this forum saying that!

Also, if you got a girlfriend (thanks for telling us :confused: ) your own home and a job, you obviously won't have alot of time to play video-games. Seriously, you shouldn't even be on this forum really.

I want a girlfriend, my own home and a better job, sorry if you think i and many others should get out more! :blank:

Not exactly only 'a delay or two' for Europe really is it?

Also, if you got a girlfriend, your own home and a job, you obviously won't have alot of time to play video-games. Seriously, you shouldn't even be on this forum really.

Hear hear. This forum is reserved for single under 18s or homeless/out of work people ONLY!

Hear hear. This forum is reserved for single under 18s or homeless/out of work people ONLY!

That was clearly not Owen's point. He was simply suggesting that there are a lot of people on these forums who play more often than someone with those sorts of commitments can - and these are the people NOE's delays hurt the most.

As for myself, I have a very busy life and don't have anywhere near enough time to play as much as I would like. Still, that said, I feel NOE really does take the piss at times with the delays. No release date for Smash Bros. when it's out in Japan and coming out in America in a couple of weeks is absolutely shocking.

Every single person on this board is a fanboy, even if they deny it, own multiple consoles, or try and present unbiased arguments. The best thing to do is ignore it or at least laugh at it.

The main thing that pisses me off about fanboyism is it ruins pretty much every thread. IMO this place isn't too bad with fanboyism, but places like NEOGAF where a lot of interesting information is shared is ruined most of the time by fanboyism, especially in Wii topics.

Anyway, NoE is probably only shit because they are on a tighter budget than NOA and NOJ.

Neogaf is a shit hole. I got banned from there not too long ago because the mods didn't like my opinion!

Post of the Day!

I found it wise not to join this thread before, but while NoE sucks big, massive, hairy balls, they are getting better and we have been getting things earlier, so what about if both sides of the discussion tried to keep a wide view on the subject eh?

P.S.: Gimme PAL SSBB fast you fuckers.

I don't have time to play many games, so therefore I only buy a few, but when those few are pushed back again and again, I need to buy another game I didn't really want, hence not having money for the REAL games.

Anyways, this is a great stress-relief-thread. :p

And no, NoE isn't located in the Seventh Gate of Hell (just had to get that frustration of my chest), but it's just frustrating to be a Nintendo fan in Europe. I own both a 360 and PS3, and I never had such feelings towards their European HQ. I just get the feeling Nintendo Europe just doesn't care.

Still, there is worse... I pity the gamers in Australia! Where us Europeans feel like we're being Nintendo's least favourite son, Australians are treated like Nintendo's least favourite son's dirty wornout underpants. :hmm:

Still, there is worse... I pity the gamers in Australia! Where us Europeans feel like we're being Nintendo's least favourite son, Australians are treated like Nintendo's least favourite son's dirty wornout underpants. :hmm:

They have good weather (mostly) and it's one the best places to live - they can wait.