NEurope
Tellyn

LostWinds

LOGO_Lostwinds.jpg

LostWinds, a new WiiWare title developed and published by Frontier has been revealed today along with some screenshots. Lostwinds puts the power of winds in your very hands, not literally but through the Wii-mote. You control Enril, the wind spirit to guide and protect a young boy named Toku, the only person who can break the curse placed upon the world of Mistralis by evil Balasar.

Enril uses his powers to help the young hero by "powering his jumps and glides through Mistralis’ different regions, buffeting and smashing enemies, and solving puzzles".

N-Europe

Sounds great!

Yeah I thought that when I heard you could control the winds. WiiWare's going to be bloody awesome.

Browsing through the screenshots it makes you wonder how they can make this downloadable cos it looks good enought to be a full price release... and how will the internal memory hold up? Some way of expanding stuff must be around the corner, must be.

Every since I read about this, I wanted it :heh:

Now thats Final Fantasy, Eternities Child and now this I want soon as the service is loaded.

A hard-drive is a must if not sales will be hindered due to limited capacities.

I think this game looks pretty cool...Definitly WW influence so nice to see whilst they may have abandoned those ideas in console Zelda's they will still live on in a different game...

Also if people take a look at the "next month" page in this months Edge looks like they have a feature on this planned. There is a picture of the main character battling against wind.

Looks really nice, reminds me quite a bit of Kirbi: Power Paintbrush, which was a fantastic game. Still don't have a clue how they can fit these games onto the Wii though, my memory is already full from the Virtual Console!

Well with me wanting this, FF, Eternitys Child and after those PLÄTTCHEN, they better make a hard-drive cause i'm not deleting one to go and play the other when I want to go back the game I first played -.-

Well with me wanting this, FF, Eternitys Child and after those PLÄTTCHEN, they better make a hard-drive cause i'm not deleting one to go and play the other when I want to go back the game I first played -.-

Yeah I want this and Bomberman and Everyones Pokemon Ranch and I dont want to delete them.

This looks really good. Exaclty the kind of thing that i can sit down, relax and play. Thanks for the info Tellyn and biggup for the vid Dante!

There is some ridiculously good looking stuff coming out on Wii ware.

I fear that many people are going to miss out on all these awesome, original, innovative, (occassionally indie) third-party WiiWare games because they'll be blinded by the big-name titles and the cruddy mobile phone ports churned out by Gameloft.

This game looks great! :D

Wiiware looks so good with many games i want to buy!

A lot of effort is going into these which is great! :grin:

I hope people don't miss out on these!

I fear that many people are going to miss out on all these awesome, original, innovative, (occassionally indie) third-party WiiWare games because they'll be blinded by the big-name titles and the cruddy mobile phone ports churned out by Gameloft.

Big name titles? Can't think of many:heh:

This looks like a great little game. How much is it? So far WiiWare prices have looked to be ridiculous.

Big name titles? Can't think of many:heh:

This looks like a great little game. How much is it? So far WiiWare prices have looked to be ridiculous.

Unless that was sarcasm, I was talking about Dr. Mario, Final Fantasy, Bomberman and other established franchises. ;)

Unless that was sarcasm, I was talking about Dr. Mario, Final Fantasy, Bomberman and other established franchises. ;)

It wasn't. You've named three. The indie, original titles seem to outnumber the established franchises - which is a great thing of course.:smile:

Lost Winds, Eternities Child, PoP, blah blah blah, all look great.

If anyone buys Dr Mario...:shakehead

It wasn't. You've named three. The indie, original titles seem to outnumber the established franchises - which is a great thing of course.:smile:

Lost Winds, Eternities Child, PoP, blah blah blah, all look great.

If anyone buys Dr Mario...:shakehead

Have you SEEN the amount of shit Gameloft are bringing to Japan, and eventually the US and Europe? Mobile phone ports with no major additions or changes.