NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

Taking your mobile to the grave?

Scared of being buried alive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4417760.stm

they leave your phone in your coffin, with it off so you have battery if you suddenly wake up from the dead.

What will the irish think of next :heh:

Would you guys want your mobile with you just in case? personally, i think theres not much chance of you coming to life again after a few days/weeks.

Just in case, yea. But would there be a very good reception? I'd look in to having a mini-mast put up inside the coffin as well. Food too, and water.

That's not a recent trend at all, people have been afraid of being buried alive for centuries for some reason, and have devised all sorts of stuff to let people know they're still alive. I read about the mobile phone idea a year ago in the news here.

i'd want phone, bottle of water and 2 cans of beans.

also a torch and zoo/nuts/loaded/fhm while waiting to be dug out.

i'd want phone, bottle of water and 2 cans of beans.

also a torch and zoo/nuts/loaded/fhm while waiting to be dug out.

So you'd want a bland drink, 2 cans of horrible food, a torch and some toilet paper?

[Of course this joke is based on the rubbish in the magazines, and not the lovely ladies featured in them.]

Yeah....there'd be like no reception. And if you were proclaimed dead, chances are your Mobile battery would die before you woke up.

Id take a small tank of oxygen, plenty of chocolate, and a book, and of course my mobile, if there was the slightest chance in hell of me wakin up.

but then again they only wait 3/4 days over here before they bury you - slightly worrying.

Id take a small tank of oxygen, plenty of chocolate, and a book, and of course my mobile, if there was the slightest chance in hell of me wakin up.

but then again they only wait 3/4 days over here before they bury you - slightly worrying.

thats cos they dont want your rotting corpse stinking up their home :p

Knowing me, I'll wake up in the coffin, try to call someone to get me out of there, only to realise there's no credit on the phone. Just my luck :heh:.

Knowing me, I'll wake up in the coffin, try to call someone to get me out of there, only to realise there's no credit on the phone. Just my luck :heh:.

would you not think of ringing the emergency services? ;)

would you not think of ringing the emergency services? ;)

Good point. I'm not sure if they'd believe that someone who is supposedly dead is trapped in a buried coffin and living though. They'd probably assume I was a prankster and hang up.

Good point. I'm not sure if they'd believe that someone who is supposedly dead is trapped in a buried coffin and living though. They'd probably assume I was a prankster and hang up.

I'm pretty sure they have to take every call seriously.

If however they didn't believe holy shit that would be the worst feeling in the world, far worse than actually waking up in the coffin.

In the times of the black death they would have a piece of string attached to a bell, then they would pull it so the bell rung because people were in fact being buried alive

Imagine you wake up and suddenly you realize that you are inside a coffin, you will have air for about thirty minutes (saw a report on this) more than enough time to realize that if you weren't buried you would be perfectly well and living for years and you also have enough time to panic and scatch on the inside of the coffin so that the relatives eventually will realize that they buried you alive. - ahh horrible

But I think with todays technology this can't happen anymore but just to make sure I want to be shot in the head after considered dead :D

Just let you cremate instead, saves you the horrible moment of waking up alive six feet under. If you wake up just before getting ovened is a different story though...

I'd hate being buried alive, even if i did have a phone which had reception somehow, and was able to ring a number while in that horrible black bag thing you get put in I'd still hate it, imagine if your battery went dead, I'd just shout really loud in the hope i was heard although it would probly just make people run away in terror thinking there was some ghost in the grave yard or something. A good idea would be to check if the persons heart was beating before they got buried ... I think i would just get cremated, then it would all be over in a flash!

I'd hate being buried alive, even if i did have a phone which had reception somehow, and was able to ring a number while in that horrible black bag thing you get put in I'd still hate it, imagine if your battery went dead, I'd just shout really loud in the hope i was heard although it would probly just make people run away in terror thinking there was some ghost in the grave yard or something. A good idea would be to check if the persons heart was beating before they got buried ... I think i would just get cremated, then it would all be over in a flash!

Uh they do check if your heart is stopped, although I think the official definition of death is brain stem failure or something.

But sometimes people can have their hearts stopped and then start again.

Sign in to follow this