NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McMad

Silent Hill Series

pyramid_head.jpg

Pyramid Head would like to know what you think of his home town.

And use spoiler tags where appropriate or he's gonna hunt you down.

I actually haven't played anything from this series. Good?

I'm gonna get Silent Hill Origins for PSP and Silent Hill 2 to start me on the series, which should be good fun hopefully :).

I love Silent Hill!!! I can never decide which one I like better though out of 1,2 or 3 (I've never played number 4). Really looking forward to 'Origins' when it comes to PS2 in May and then of course number 5 on PS3!

I started playing the first one and this game is the first game to ever make me so afraid that i screamed

It was at that part where your in the "other" school where your at the gym lockers.

After that i haven´t really felt like playing it again.

This is a series I REALLY want to get into as they look fantastic. I remember I bought SH2 on the PS2 when it first got released but I didnt get very far as I thought it was supposed to be like Resident Evil ( how wrong I was ) and ended up hating it. Now im older and know more about the series I would like to go back to them again.

My brother was on the phone to me yesterday saying how he had picked up SH on the PSP and he said it was fantastic, especially if you play with the headphones in and all the lights out. Maybe this would be a good starting poinr for me then.

first and second were great.....the second is the best i;ve played.. not so sure about 3 but 4 is dire at times...

Well I just finished Silent Hill 2 this morning and I was not disappointed.

The atmosphere of the game is brilliant; the design, the controls, the music, the camera angles and the small draw distance all come together to create one terrifyingly claustrophobic experience. Seriously the sound design alone will be making you shit yourself a points.

The enemies/monster were good. Nothing hugely unexpected or disturbed... Well except for Pyramid Head and his love of rape.

The boss fights were crap.

The characters and plot were decent although the voice acting at times was a bit poo.

But in the end all I wanted from this game was a scary and compelling experience and that's what I got. I'm not sure if I'll pick up any of the other games now, I think I'll just wait and hope 5 turns out well.

first and second were great.....the second is the best i;ve played.. not so sure about 3 but 4 is dire at times...

If I remember correctly 4 wasnt supposed to be a Silent Hill game at all, they kinda just slapped the name on it.

Sign in to follow this