NEurope
arab_freak

Dragonball live action movie in production

ha those trailers are wank, why the fuck isnt piccolo green and pink?

Well, to be honest, I think the trailers look cool. But they don't seem to have anything to do with Dragon Ball (figuratively).

well looks a little better in motion than in the pictures, but still i don't see Goku smiling, WTF? They are gettig his character so wrong I wonder if they ever watched the or just read a synpoise of it? I heard in the trailer Goku say something like "what if i can't do it?", sounding all teen-angst and unsure of himself. That's not Goku, whether he is a child or an adult he was always happy and carefree, always smiling and always up for a challenge (unless in battle and his friends are being bitch slapped). My point being if a task was put to Goku no matter what the odds against him or how hard it would seem, he wouldn't say "What if I can't do it?" he would smile and go "Let' go do it" or something like that and march off and train to get ready or something.

Also, why the hell is there no Krillin? He is absalutely vital to Dragonball, and certainly not a character to be overlooked. He's meant to train along side Goku with Master Roshi, I have a feeling they are gonna put Yamcha in as his training partner and "best friend" and totally screw things up even more.

Why are their cars? and guns? why isn't Goku flying! argh!! Whats this about a prophecy too? don't remember that in the series :S

Why are their cars? and guns? why isn't Goku flying! argh!! Whats this about a prophecy too? don't remember that in the series :S

This is the original DragonBall. Goku didn't fly (except in the cloud). And last time I checked, cars and guns exist in Dragonball.

The prophecy was probably the plot device for the movie. From the looks of it, it's the least of our worries.

WHO THE FUCK IS MAI!?

maifacevs3.jpg

I was gonna point out the flaws, but Mokong already did it nicely.

EDIT:

Only way they can screw it up more if Goku, himself, turns out to be the Dragon :heh:

Oh god. I just realized this is the most probable outcome.

I guess something similar happens in GT, but still...

64088_348.jpg

db01_fato5.jpg

kushami.jpg

And Goku started flying like what, after King Kai? Which is weird, I remembering flying sporadically before, but still, he didn't always fly. There were some prophecies here and there, being Super Sayan was basically a legend, specially SSJ4 and Brolly is a legendary Sayan, but yeah that's bullshit.

EDIT: Fuuckers! lol

What bothers me the most is Goku. I want a happy, innocent mountain boy, not some freaking high school yankee. Ugh. How did Toryama agree to this?

Sorry, I never watched Dragonball, only DBZ and a few episodes of GT, therefore I had no idea who mai was.

This is the original DragonBall. Goku didn't fly (except in the cloud). And last time I checked, cars and guns exist in Dragonball.

Ah yes, Nimbis, where is it? Also Gokus tail and his stick weapon thing (its name eludes me right now)

The tail at least is crucial, especially if they want to go down the Super Saiyjan route in a future film.... ok i really did just *shudder* on typing that.

What really annoying is that given what can be done in films these days and epic, energy beaming, powering up, flying, transformations, fight would be possible to do and do well.... if only they could have gotten the basics right and actually treated the source material with some respect.

Only way they can screw it up more if Goku, himself, turns out to be the Dragon :heh:

If this turns true.... :shakehead :shakehead

Ah yes, Nimbis, where is it? Also Gokus tail and his stick weapon thing (its name eludes me right now)

Here in Portugal, we just called them "Magic Cloud" and "Magic Staff", so I can't help you there. :heh:

pr0 fake trailer.

AT 1:34, the pic of Picolo concept.... ok looking at that how did we end up with the yellow crap we now have?

EDIT:

ANother thing i forgot to mention from the trailer.

Master Roshi appears to be more of a wise, reserved, teacher... nothing like teh source material where he is an obnoxious, crazy, perverted, loud old man.

:mad:

Sounds contradictory, but the fake trailer looks more "real" in regards to actually making a Dragon Ball movie ...

Sounds contradictory, but the fake trailer looks more "real" in regards to actually making a Dragon Ball movie ...

Looks more like DBZ, sure. But the actual movie is not supposed to be DBZ.

AT 1:34, the pic of Picolo concept.... ok looking at that how did we end up with the yellow crap we now have?

EDIT:

ANother thing i forgot to mention from the trailer.

Master Roshi appears to be more of a wise, reserved, teacher... nothing like teh source material where he is an obnoxious, crazy, perverted, loud old man.

:mad:

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind them changing a few things in design or even character, but they're making them completely different:

-Goku: Unhappy and low self-esteem;

-Roshi: Serious and reserved;

-Krillin: Absent. He was rarely absent originally :heh:;

-Piccolo: Not green. I mean, WTF?

This could be an origin movie, which takes the piss having shizzle being established before the potential sequel. Batman Begins and Ghostbusters being prime examples.

I've got a weird notion that Piccolo will split into Kame and pr0 Piccolo when defeated [probably] and they will both be green then.

Wishful thinking.

2 Greens don't make yellow :heh:

I doubt if they make the main Namekian green, they won't bother with the rest.

And a collection of orange balls doesn't make giant dragons appear, the world's full of niggling things like this.

I've got a weird notion that Piccolo will split into Kame and pr0 Piccolo when defeated [probably] and they will both be green then.

Awesome typo

I doubt if they make the main Namekian green, they won't bother with the rest.

Good point. It might mean they won't bother with a DBZ sequel at all.

Wishful thinking, I know