NEurope
arab_freak

Dragonball live action movie in production

I really don't think it was that bad. Sure it didn't follow the game much [at all] but was a splendid family movie.

I was thinking the same thing! I seem to appreciate many things that most people think are badly made.

I wanna see Spike as Piccolo dammit!

He ain't got that shine!

I really don't think it was that bad. Sure it didn't follow the game much [at all] but was a splendid family movie. And I'm still waiting for the damn sequel. The ending demanded it.

Agreed.

I'm actually anxious for this.

I remembered when I first heard they were going to make this, I'm not sure if it was something randomly made up and then spread through the internet but Wesley Snipes was supposed to be inline to play Piccolo... now imagine that :heh:

The huge DB/DBZ fan in me just wants to see how this will turn out... think I'll wear my Gotenks top tomorrow

This'll be awful. Sorry, but I can't look at Goku's face. It's they got everything else costume-wise right, then got some wimpy-faced child to play him.

This'll be shit.

Same with Smallville. This can't be any worse.

Not really. Sure, I can't imagine Tom Welling in the classic costume, but at least looks like a young version of the classically strapping, bulky Superman. But at least he's not meant to be playing Superman yet.

Posters

148ir9e.jpg

Well at least they got the costume right, which was something i complained about not seeing in the early posters and such.

And they are making an effort with the hair

But the dude still isn't smiling? Who is Goku if he doesn't smile and laugh and child, that's what makes Goku who he is.... and then being able to change from that into a serious fighter... not a moody tough guy like these promos seem to show

I have to agree with Mokong, a non-smiling Goku is no Goku at all :S. Give us the real deal!!

The smile really is all that's missing from that Goku

Maybe he'll mention that green dick is better than blue dick.

That reminds me: Is General Blue even in this film? :heh:

ign have a new interview

. The Ox King is not in the movie but ''maybe he will be in dragon ball z''

That...makes no sense whatsoever.

Not really. Sure, I can't imagine Tom Welling in the classic costume, but at least looks like a young version of the classically strapping, bulky Superman. But at least he's not meant to be playing Superman yet.

Think it's as close as it's going to get to be the real superman in the show, he's always wearing blue and red, and it's not like any of the other heroes in the show have got proper costumes or anything, is it?

Think it's as close as it's going to get to be the real superman in the show, he's always wearing blue and red, and it's not like any of the other heroes in the show have got proper costumes or anything, is it?

Haven't watched it in ages, but I thought Green Arrow has a "costume" of sorts?

Haven't watched it in ages, but I thought Green Arrow has a "costume" of sorts?

A green hoody and a pair of sunglasses hardly counts as a costume.

They all pretty much wear street clothes themed to their comic book counterparts costumes.

Is the guy in the poster definately goku, or could is possibly be older teenage gohan (which seems a more acurate depiction)

(clutching at straws i know..)

Is the guy in the poster definately goku, or could is possibly be older teenage gohan (which seems a more acurate depiction)

its the dragonball movie, and as little as i know of said (frankly poor) anime, i know gohan isnt in

It's looking like a Dragonball movie, but having him older than he was in Dragonball, and younger than he was in Dragonball Z.

Actually he really should be right now, they're starting off season 8 and the character is what, 20 years old now? And Welling himself is 31! He is older than Brandon Routh and much older than Christopher Reeve was in the first Superman.

On topic, yes, Goku needs to smile.