NEurope
Vicar

Sleeping tips

I´m not talking about the drinking warm milk before you go to sleep or counting sheep's there must be other ways of sleeping beater?

Because every time I lay down on my pillow my brain goes on hyper drive and I start planing word domination and making a robot army or something like that, I can´t control it sometimes I lay down and fall asleep after 3 or 5 minuets and sometimes I´m laying there for hours just thinking about stuff. If you have any tips that works that would be grate but I´m not going to take medication or seek a doctor I'm trusting the internet for this "problem".

joint and/or few shots of hard alchohol, preferably brandy/whisky. should do the trick.

the smell of lavender is awesome to aid sleep. It helps me loads ^^

I don't really like the smell of beer.

A bit of beer helps me sleep.

Pssh sleeping pills are horrible anyway, not something you should take.

I agree with raining, lavender does help, it calms you down too.

Read a book with a not so powerful light. Not that I can say it's helped me. I was up reading Death Note last night and I wanted to read on but I forced myself to put it down.

Some people are insane. Its not getting to sleep that is the problem, it is having enough sleep/getting up in the right sleep pattern whatever. The only thing that doesnt make me feel like a tub of out of date vaseline in the morning is getting up at 2pm. A rarity, even on saturdays

Get someone to smack you on the head really hard as you get into bed?

This may sound pretty weird as a suggestion, but it's something I do. I very often can't sleep cause my mind is thinking about a million things at the same time (and often I have my own radio inside my head as well, playing one song after another).

What I do then is I keep telling myself in my head, that there is actually no songs playing, and that I'm not thinking any thoughts.

"It's all quiet, silent. There's not a single sound around you. You're in an empty space; dark, with nothing around you. Peacefully quiet. Even your thoughts are quiet, you're not thinking now."

That kind of stuff. It takes a bit of concentration at first, cause you really have to push your other thoughts away with these thoughts of silence. But in the end it often works for me and I can feel myself drifting off into sleep. =D

Not sure it's everyone's cup of tea, but for me it works and is better than being awake for hours thinking about pointless stuff. =O

I have this problem aswell, sometimes I cant stop thinking about loads of things and it just keeps me up. Reading doesnt help either because that just gives me more to think about when I put the book down.

I'm sorry but to the people suggesting alcohol, that is just not the solution, thats what gives people a dependency! >_<

This may sound pretty weird as a suggestion, but it's something I do. I very often can't sleep cause my mind is thinking about a million things at the same time (and often I have my own radio inside my head as well, playing one song after another).

What I do then is I keep telling myself in my head, that there is actually no songs playing, and that I'm not thinking any thoughts.

"It's all quiet, silent. There's not a single sound around you. You're in an empty space; dark, with nothing around you. Peacefully quiet. Even your thoughts are quiet, you're not thinking now."

That kind of stuff. It takes a bit of concentration at first, cause you really have to push your other thoughts away with these thoughts of silence. But in the end it often works for me and I can feel myself drifting off into sleep. =D

Not sure it's everyone's cup of tea, but for me it works and is better than being awake for hours thinking about pointless stuff. =O

I'm exactly the same.

"No songs, just silence. No images, just darkness. not thinking any thoughts. GO AWAY THOUGHTS!!!"

There's something else that sometimes happens. It's quite hard to describe but sometimes if I'm imagining just white when I'm trying to sleep sometimes the texture of the colour changes. It's hard to explain but the best way to describe it would be like making the picture sharper/smoother on the computer.

haha for once I might actually agree with you. :indeed:

Is that what you do?

*looks forward to meet up*

Have a wank before sleep.

personally I only go to bed when im tired,like after you have watched a movie or even have played your ds or psp so your eyes get sore or tired.

the wanking thing does the opposite for me..It's what i would do to keep awake to be honest..

I'm exactly the same.

"No songs, just silence. No images, just darkness. not thinking any thoughts. GO AWAY THOUGHTS!!!"

There's something else that sometimes happens. It's quite hard to describe but sometimes if I'm imagining just white when I'm trying to sleep sometimes the texture of the colour changes. It's hard to explain but the best way to describe it would be like making the picture sharper/smoother on the computer.

Is that what you do?

*looks forward to meet up*

haha no, :indeed: I don't have a cock unfortunetly, that'd be quite interesting otherwise.

Have a wank before sleep.

i cant believe i'm about to say this... but... i actually agree with ashma--no i just can't say it. O___o

i used to have a real problem with this ~when i can't sleep... my first second resort is lavender, then "badger balm" pulse point stuff... that always works pretty well for me. i found that exercising just before i went to bed at night instead of first thing in the morning tired my body out, then i'd read (or do sudoku with brain training) to tire my mind :grin:

but... yes. sleepy sleep. everyone's different - just find what works for you :smile:

haha no, :indeed: I don't have a cock unfortunetly, that'd be quite interesting otherwise.

Interesting yes. A major source for a lot of depressed faces at the meetup though. And I've gona and remember a video I watched not long ago...damnit Jordan.

Interesting yes. A major source for a lot of depressed faces at the meetup though. And I've gona and remember a video I watched not long ago...damnit Jordan.

ahahahha - I think I know the one :D

haha for once I might actually agree with you. :indeed:

i cant believe i'm about to say this... but... i actually agree with ashma--no i just can't say it. O___o

i used to have a real problem with this ~when i can't sleep... my first second resort is lavender, then "badger balm" pulse point stuff... that always works pretty well for me. i found that exercising just before i went to bed at night instead of first thing in the morning tired my body out, then i'd read (or do sudoku with brain training) to tire my mind :grin:

but... yes. sleepy sleep. everyone's different - just find what works for you :smile:

So we've come to the conclusion the females around here generall disagree with me, interesting.

So we've come to the conclusion the females around here generall disagree with me, interesting.

dont think it's just the females, dude :wink: