NEurope
AshMat

Audiosurf - First game using steamworks.

This one looks pretty good, rythm game, first to use steamworks, if you don't know what it is, read this:

Steamworks

Game services

Auto-updating

Game stats collection and display

Multiplayer matchmaking

The Steam Community

Voice chat

Retail back-end services

Key-based authentication

Territory control

Zero-day piracy protection

DRM

Development tools

Rapid & secure build distribution

Crash testing, MDMP collection

Testing & usability data collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EsVyEnhxWY

http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=12900&cc=US

For other info, check it out on Steam, looks pretty good to me, custom sound tracks, the game analyses them and makes levels from them, includes the Orange Box soundtrack (useless if you've already got it)

I've played this before and it's really good fun, well worth the £6. I recommend it.

My friend was on teh beta-testing team.. kind of. I've had a few goes on it and it's quite good fun! Awesome when you get a track that's utterly bonkers.

Yeah I played the demo for this a while ago, it was awesome. Definately worth buying, especially for the price it's going for on Steam. Was going to make this thread yesterday actually, but I forgot.

Where's the demo?

I got it from Fileplanet.

It lets you use the custom track function around 4 or 5 times, and lets you play 4 of it's own tunes as much as you like.

So you can play any track saved on your pc?

That's ace. Is it out now?

Just seen a 15th Feb release date.

The game completely changes depending on what song you listen too. The first song I did was a very rocky, fast track. It was less about strategy of what to pick up where and more just grab as many as possible and hope they fit together. Then I did it to a Jack Johnson track and it was more like playing Tetris or something.

Is there anywhere I can get the demo where you don't have to pay to sign up just to download a demo?

Is there anywhere I can get the demo where you don't have to pay to sign up just to download a demo?

You can just sign up for free.

However, it's available at FileShack, where you don't have to sign up to download.

pre-ordered, never played the demo or heard of this game untill now so this might be a nice surprise.

So when does this actually go up? Isn't it like, 1pm Valve time?

I've never bought from Steam before.

It's up now.

Buying from Steam is awesome, there's only one thing to look out for, and that's the fact that VAT is added on to the advertised price. Not so bad really but still a bit mean of them.

nvm, apparently because I had the demo installed it wasn't showing up :(

Got it working now.

Damn. The download is stuck on 83%. It's been on it for nearly an hour now.

The demo for this was awesome, is there a way to buy this without having to install Steam. Which is quite possibly the worst piece of software in the history of the world. (actualy thats Sony's connect software so 2nd worst).