NEurope
Sanchez

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

It's just the general feeling that the AI is, in fact, skynet. They seem ridiculously fast- stuff like there's no correlation between what they can do with building placement and my own cursor, if you follow me? it's all instant.

I think my other problem is resource management. It's a bit different to my old RTS territory of Blizzard output and Dawn of War so I keep fucking up and reducing my production to a snails pace.

I'm sure they're just kinks. I'm getting hold of units now- think I'm getting pretty good with the commies though my skills with the capitalist pigs is pretty poor.

It does take some getting used 2. I always sem to have trouble with power, i build 2 much stuff and forget to build more cores. Soviets are definatly the easiest to avoid that though with a power plant.

I have played alot of skirmish matches on this but not online, u do get used to trying to create a base fast.ot decided wat is 'my' faction yet though, normally with games like this i have a preference but not as yet...

If you have not been online yet u need to setup a EA account to play online (so annoying). I found out the hard way by trying to play a co-op match with Viper but was stopped by registration forms.

Can't really think of any tips tbh, i just kept playing and learn all the shortcuts u can do with the controller and what units can do etc.

Right this post is long enough so i will end it now...

Slowly goin through the campaign again on this now, trying to complete it all on normal difficulty and also trying to work out which bonus objectives i missed as i was sure i got them all yet no achievments...

So many games to play on at the mo! Anyone can feel free to send me a message askin to play Red Alert 3 when i'm online even if im on another game. (I normally will change game unless i'm playing with a friend already on somethin else kinda thing).

So, yeah, there's an expansion coming out called Uprising. Here's a trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44934.html

Looks like it'll be download only, though I'm sure I read somewhere that there'll be a retail version.

Oh, and Dasha's back. :love:

What? Well I think she's hot...

Will that be coming out on 360 as well?

*cracks knuckles*

Good old PC RTS! Don't worry - from what I can tell it's single player only, no multiplayer gizmos to worry about missing out on.

That said I very much look forward to more campaign co-op with my friends. Weeee!

*cracks knuckles*

Good old PC RTS! Don't worry - from what I can tell it's single player only, no multiplayer gizmos to worry about missing out on.

That said I very much look forward to more campaign co-op with my friends. Weeee!

I think there might be a bit more added in terms of multiplayer, but only a few maps, or something like that. Also, I've read somewhere at Uprising doesn't include co-op. I'm still realy looking forward to it for the new mini-campaigns.... and more Dasha. :heh:

I'm tempted to reinstall Tib Wars at some point tbh.

Oh, and for anyone interested, the official RA3 site's been updated with two new unit profiles for the upcoming Uprising expansion:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/portal/site/redalert/factions_en/

The new unit names are also up:

Soviets

# Desolator [uPDATED]

# Mortar Cycle

# Reaper

# Grinder

Allies

# Cryo Legionnaire [uPDATED]

# Pacifier FAV

# Harbinger Gunship

# Future Tank X-1

# Commander Hill [uPDATED]

EotRS

# Giga-Fortress

# Steel Ronin

# Archer Maiden

Hmm, interesting. Well, besides the updated profiles, the Grinder, Harbringer Gunship, Giga-Fortress and Steel Ronin have already been seen. That leaves five more units to be revealed...

Interesting new units. I think the Allies getting a large number of units is a good move, they felt too basic for me. Cryo + ATV + Tanya rush or Bomber Tanya rush is where it's at though :D