NEurope
Sanchez

Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X1 - I just came

I don't like Sony, nor do I like their Ericsson brand of phones, but this is sex in a stick.

sony-ericsson-xperia-x1.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/10/sonyericsson-xperia-x1-qwerty-with-windows-mobile/

God, I'm praying for a decent price and a good enough battery life. (although my current phone has a pretty shitty battery life... as long as it lasts 2 (with heavy use) days it's enough for me)

The best bit is that it supports 3.5G.

And here's a video which gives a vague look at what the UI is like:

And here's the official website with pretty pictures:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/x1/?lc=en&cc=GB

HSDPA, up to 3.6Mbps download. It actually has HSUPA which I don't believe is in use yet in Britain, but it will allow up to 5.76Mbps download.

I think i've just found my next phone! Unless Nokia come up with something better that is...

It looks awesome. I want. I probably won't be able to afford it.

And this phone will use Windows Mobile as opposed to the usual Symbian OS.

I love the look of that, though i'm unsure, after all it's a SErricson, i've seen 3 very bad experiences lately.

My last Sony Ericsson failed in a couple of months (k800i - unresponsive joystick) and my new one wont always receive media messages correctly. =( (not a network issue)

Although it does looks sexy, and has a full keyboard. WIN.

It's made by HTC (they make a load of similar smartphones). It's just branded SE.

I think i've just found my next phone! Unless Nokia come up with something better that is...

08nokian96gd2.th.jpg

n95 8gb features + n91 sound quality = :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

The N80 ain't as good as this thing, as far as I can tell. My N95 with Rotate me plugin does something like this, but no way as sleak. But they keypad on the Xperia = awesome.

Nokia n96

08nokian96cl8.th.jpg

n95 features + n91 sound quality + 16gb internal drive + micro sd slot = :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

The N80 ain't as good as this thing, as far as I can tell. My N95 with Rotate me plugin does something like this, but no way as sleak. But they keypad on the Xperia = awesome.

the phone that i showed , is the n96

I don't need a media player, i've got the iPod Touch for that :)

All i need in a phone is some good internet features for when im not in a WiFi hotspot. Basically VOIP, Email, IM and a good Web Browser and i'll be happy! 3.5G + Windows Mobile = Win!

This phone is teh sex! Just upgraded to it from an E90.

First thing that struck me is how small it is! Compared to the E90 it's tiny! Given it has pretty much the same features list that's really quite impressive! Build quality is really good and the phone looks really posh with loads of brushed aluminium all over the place.

Windows mobile is suprisingly OK. I was concerned and it definitely needs work, but i'm not hating it yet and know it'll improve once i've updated and made some tweaks. The UI is very slick :)

Got a really good deal, free phone, £40/month for 18-months and £90 cashback (effectively making it £35/month). For that i'm getting 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data and unlimited downloads from Vodafone Musicstation :D

I have one major problem at the moment though, the tit at Phones4U put a PAYG sim in the phone. A PAYG sim with no credit...

You're an asshole and I want this phone.

You should, it's ruddy brilliant!

Also, just found out there's a hacked version of Android out for it. Trying to find out if dual boot is possible, it'd be quality to have both OSs on the phone :yay:

That looks awful, but I love love my K770i. It's fast, pretty, light, thin, great screen, great camera and the battery is the best I've ever seen. Sony Ericsson ftw

I really wanted this when I was looking for an upgrade but it wasn't out and I wouldn't be able to afford it.

But I've wanted a slide-out QWERTY since I fell in love with the Sidekick.

In stark contrast to my earlier comments the phone is going back. It's taken since Tuesday for me to get connected to Vodafone because of various screw-ups, then i had to configure the internet myself (none of CS's suggestions worked) using the bare minumum info (settings, but no instructions as to where to put them). I finally get online and... Musicstation isn't compatable with my handset. I was sold it on the basis that it was, Musicstation was supposed to take some of the pain out of doubling my monthly bill.

Oh, and there's lovely backlight bleed in the top right corner. Really bad back light bleed.

I still like the phone and i might pick it up again if i can get it sub-£30/month. Maybe T-Mobile will give me a cheap upgrade, they're due the handset in January! :yay:

Hello,

Hey friend what about Nokia, recently i purchased Nokia N-gage from ybershoppers, it is quite cool, and the games in it are quite cool.

Regards,

sarah_9