NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

Make tha cool Revolution name!

The Nintendo Bastard.

Gameboy Stay-at-home.

My Baby All Gone.

NINTENDO MORE POWERFUL THAN SUPERMAN, BATMAN, SPIDERMAN, AND THE INCREDIBLE HULK ALL PUT TOGETHER.

Bored.

I dont know if someone said this but quite simply ...

NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Although revolution i think should be the actual name that would be a nice alternate name.

I like revolution.

But otherwise:

Nintendo Pissbox (just to parody microsft)

or with the recent holographic rumour:

nintendo Holographamagig

I like revolution.

But otherwise:

Nintendo Pissbox (just to parody microsft)

That is realy, realy bad.

the nintendo rifle association

reggienra.jpg

Surely the text should read "From my cold dead hands" or "Over my dead body."

*Takes nit-picking hat off*

Anyways, hows about calling it the Nintendo Quite Good, or the Nintedo Wee-wee. Both decent suggestions, I think.

NINTENDO MORE POWERFUL THAN SUPERMAN, BATMAN, SPIDERMAN, AND THE INCREDIBLE HULK ALL PUT TOGETHER.

Peter Griffin's boat. Heh heh. I like revolution, i'm used to it now. Or gamebox, either will do.

Surely the text should read "From my cold dead hands" or "Over my dead body."

*Takes nit-picking hat off*

Anyways, hows about calling it the Nintendo Quite Good, or the Nintedo Wee-wee. Both decent suggestions, I think.

i think it was from my cold dead hands...cant remember exactly how charlton heston said it

Mother 3 never came out, and i really enjoyed looking at the magazine pictures of it dreaming of playing it on the 64DD, so Mother 3!

Ultra Nintendo = (U.N.E.S.) = Nick name UNES(You Ness)

Ultra Famicom in Japan

Ultra Nintendo Keeps in tradition with Super Nintendo. This name will bring alot of nastalgia back. People would look at it as Super Nintendo 2 and i think that's what everybody is waiting for from nintendo. Ultra was the nick name for N64 and everybody was excited for Ultra 64 so this will also play a role in to the conscious of those people who anticipated Ultra 64.

The only problem with this name i see is Ultra isn't really a popular word these days. If you wanted to cater to todays standards you may have to call it Xtreme Nintendo but that flat out sucks. Ultra Nintendo sounds cool to me. Nintendo Revolution is too long. N5 is also cool.

Basing on the fact that Sony pretty much maintain the name "Playstation" (i.e "Play" & "Station") and MS has the "X" box, I'm seeing that to maintain something that would transcend system generations in the same way. Since Nintendo has the "Game" boy and the "Game" cube, I'm thinking something along the lines of using "Game" as the Nintendo thing. As such:

Nintendo GameWorks (or GameWorx, kinda like Waxwork): I see a logo with a large gear and a small gear (kind of like that of a clock or watch).

Other ideas would be like Nintendo Mercury.

I liked mike-zim's suggestion too. I'm thinking:

Nintendo Sapphire

Nintendo Diamond

Nintendo Ruby

Nintendo Emerald

etc.

Though I suppose we can leave that as color options and market it as a prescious stones theme.

It has to relate to what the Revolution does surely...?

For example Gamecube was called Gamecube because it's a Games machine and a 'CUBE' kinda....

So Nintendo-Motion makes sense, and it's a good name for advertisement etc.. 'Got the motion?' etc.. It's a movement used with the controller.

Or Nintendo'i' short for Nintendo Interact etc...

:)

It has to relate to what the Revolution does surely...?

For example Gamecube was called Gamecube because it's a Games machine and a 'CUBE' kinda....

So Nintendo-Motion makes sense, and it's a good name for advertisement etc.. 'Got the motion?' etc.. It's a movement used with the controller.

Or Nintendo'i' short for Nintendo Interact etc...

:)

NINTERACTION (15 Characters :mad: )

I think they should really just keep it as revolution... thats what it is known as the world round.to change it is gunna confuse alot of people. and what gets me even more is nintendo saying it is just a codename then they open up pages on nintendo.com that link to the 'revolution' (though they make sure to specify that it is a codename). They have stuck with this name for so long. even when the gamecube was called 'dolphin' they never opened a link on there website to show off the 'dolpfin'. once the console was shown the name was also revealed. but now when people look at the remote or the console all they can think of is 'revolution'.

and also really why is it taking them so long to release JUST the name? the name has no impact what-so-ever on how the console works, it shouldnt have to be a big secret that they must patent as to avoid sony or microsoft stealing it, like the controller (and other possible suprises to come), ITS JUST THE NAME!!!!!!

the name has no impact what-so-ever on how the console works
Yeah, but seriously. Would you buy a console called the 'Starcube'?

I'd think twice. If they'd kept 'Starcube' as the name, rather than Gamecube, Nintendo's time in the ring this generation would have been even shorter.

The name is a huge part of brand recognition, and needs to be carefully nutted out.

How about the 'Nintendo ESP' or 'NESp' esp doesnt have to stand for the psychic thing but i think that would suit it as esp is that thing where you can sense movement really easily. Shoot me if im wrong.

Sign in to follow this