NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

Make tha cool Revolution name!

So, its highly unlikely that the Revolution will be called Revolution: SPonG

So I was thinking it would be cool to see what names we could come up with, and what names we think are cool. So please come up with some cool names for the Revolution!!

Zion , iGAME , Megaflux , aVo , Super Duper Nintendo Entertainment System (SDNES) , Nintendo Game System (nah, too easy), iON , Gamebox.

Im annoyed that they arnt goin 2 keep 'revolution' as the name.... it is so fitting after all. and that also means that as soon as we find out we'll have 2 put up with the usual 'the nintendo revolution.. ahhh i mean nintendo *actual name*' whenever refering 2 the console.

But otherwise beside that i dont really mind on the provision it is a cool name... but if its not!!!!! *raises palm in preperation for potential back-handng*

They can't call it Revolution because it is word that is overly use.

Revo is a cool name.

Or Nintendo RS (Revolutionary System) to be in line with DS.

I hope they don't call it futurna, because it sounds fishy. LOL

Or Nintendo RS (Revolutionary System) to be in line with DS.

that would be the NRS then isnt that the tax people in the USA?

n5.jpg
Yeah I like this as a name too!

N-Space;

(because of the 3D space you move the control in) sounds good; but it's already taken (by N-Space, the developer of Geist)!

it seems there r some pretty awesome ideas goin round... 2 bad n-space is taken... that would have been good. hmmm.... what about N-gage? oh wait.... damn.... um..... N-sync? oh SHIT! well.... lets just go with N5 then ay?

I think that console manufacturers should name their consoles to represent their stature.

the Nintendo Misunderstood

The Microsoft Waste of Money

The Sony Dissapointment

Here's just a few I thought of.

Nintendownage :D

I got so used to Revo, that it would be best to call it that.

Two more serious ideas: Motion, Gyro

Can't think of anything else :(

N5 for me as well. But only because every alternative I've heard is completely stupid. And no, I have no better ideas.

N5 is the only professional sounding one I've heard, I like it. Can't come up with on myself though :)

O cmon... you people must be kidding right? N5? That is the biggest piece of cop-out nonsense I have ever heard.... plus it is very un-Nintendo. N5 sounds familiar..

...Sounds a lot like the PlayStation 6 5000!

I am with Konfucius though. The name should illustrate the system's functionality and it must also be VERY public friendly. Remember, people must feel comfortable to approach the system (in line with the controller design).

I find all the names for technical products a bit scary now... mobile phones, cars, even ordering a coffee is fairly user unfriendly. I work in a wine shop and each bottle has it's own personality and a NAME not some stupid serial number....

Out with silly numbers I say, doubt Nintendo would use them anyway.

Out with silly numbers I say, doubt Nintendo would use them anyway.

Not saying i like the name N5, but Nintendo 64 is an example that they would put a number in, they've done it before so why not now? Well regardless i like revo, i don't really mind.

N5 is a good name, and also the first codename the revolution had.

I want something that makes an impact. Like: 'The Nintendo' not been used before, no gimmicky names, just down to the point and means business.

But N64 didn't attract people to play it or feel easy about playing it.

I'm thinking in advertising terms here and I think they will come up with something to do with the controller, something that actually communicates. Possibly using words like:

Stimulus

Impulse

Intuition

These represent the concepts of how easy the controller is to use but if you want to start conglomerating the concepts of online multiplay and the immersion into games due the the feeling of the controller, maybe words like:

Connection

(dare I say it) Link

Nexus (which I like very much)

Which also lead onto a bunch of words like: Touch etc... but these all sound a bit familiar.

Sign in to follow this