NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Wolf

How sad...

My God. I feel so sorry for that guy. He lost everything because of a game. Keep reading and there is more.

You may have lost everything in your life because of the game, but you did not take your life, as my son did.

:hmm:

I feel sorry for him. I hope that will never happen to me. This is really bad. :( I hope he will be able to go on with his life normally.

This is pretty upsetting - but like alot of addictions you do have some element of control over it. It takes alot but it is possible just to walk away.

Really, how can you get addicted to a game. Of course I feel sorry for the guy, but it was a game, not drugs or anything....

It happens to so many people, its stupid, just like smoking, pokies, and any other addiction. At least there are things that help people to get over it (even videogames)

iv never played everquest, i got pretty hooked on tibia, but never so bad that i wud skip school (was 13) , althought some of my mates did, I would come home, sit on PC, get mum to bring tea upstairs, go to bed, go to school, repeat. It was weird, but now i cant seem to get back into any RPG's.

:hmm: At least it looks like he's getting his life back on track, whats left of it anyway, would say poor guy, but it's his fault, all of it!

This sad :( I really hope he gets on okay from now on. Although this really is an eye-opener.

I admit I used to play videogames a lot, but I don't really game so much anymore. When a new game comes out I play it to death for a bit then once I'm done with it I hardly ever touch it again. RE4 for example - I've only played that once or twice in short playing sessions after completing it.

I used to play games for hours on end. Recentley I haven't. Infact this week I've spent about 2-3 hours gaming, if that. Tbh, I'm kinda loosing some interest in gaming compared to what I used to be like. Either way I'm glad something like that hasn't and won't ever happen to me.

The only things I'd say that I do in a lot now are listen to music and talk to people on msn... thats not bad is it?

Damn... I never knew something like this couls happen.... I admit I almost got dangerously addicted to FM2005, but I managed to pull myself away from the game just in time.

Dear god... that pretty fucking insane. I mean, jeeze how can you get addicted to a game so much you don't wanna do anything?

It's always so touching to hear such honest reflections.

While it may be this guy who is ultimately to blame for his losses, you can't help but feel sorry for him and his situation. He obviously wasn't in a clear state of mind during his addiction, and it makes me wish that more was done to address what is quite clearly a serious issue.

If that guy made all of that up, he is pretty sad.

I know myself its esy to play a game like Age Of Empires for hours on end...its easy to get into a bad habit.

and the bowl in the room for peeing...urhg

Wow, thats just...

Well I can see this happening alot, I myself have been quite addicted to the net (though not games in particular) but I see some of myself in this person.

Luckily I recognized it in time and was able to pull myself away from addictions for some time..later it got worse again, and had to find new solutions.

One tip though for people trying to fight addictions: don't stop all at once, just take time and just be less active in yer addiction...a full stop may cause a fall back and make it even worse 0_0

--Ray

i feel sorry for him and all, but really, getting addicted to a computer game is almost as bizarre as getting addicted to chocolate digestives. just playing devil's advocate, there must have been problems in his life beforehand, to force a dependency on a virtual reality. i hope his kids are okay.

tis a bad read, but i cant see him not wanting sex for months, he must of been abit mental in the first place, to go from what he was to what he is.

Really, how can you get addicted to a game. Of course I feel sorry for the guy, but it was a game, not drugs or anything....

Of course you can get addicted to a game. Addiction, obsession, same thing. :heh: Everyone must know someone else who is addicted or obsessed with something. Thing is, most of us have healthy obsessions. This guy obviously didn't.

Jesus, that is terrible. Perhaps the games should have a playing hours limiter or something :-/

Lol, I got addicted to c-e when I was like 13 and slowly I lost friends as I never went out or anything, just stayed on the site, rushed/didn't do homework and my school work suffered. But since it sucks these days (;)) I have gotten through and have a small number of friends again. Though I should be doing homework right now really, naughty c-e!

A lot of you seem to think it's all his fault, and to a degree so do I. But psychology has taught me that some people can become addicted more then outhers. What he went through was pretty extreem, his addicton hints at some deep underlying unhappyness in his life, and his caracter becomes an extenshion of himself, his life becomes more exciting and seems to hold more meaning in the game. Perhaps he found this "perfect life" to be dull, or actualy wanted it to be worse. It also seemes to fit with Freuadian ego deffence, his family has left him, rather then the horribleness of the situation, he thinks "good, I can play all day" this is to prevent his brain from the harm of realising his own fault.

course, im just speculating, but somtimes addictions can be due to "vunrabiity" rather then the substance itselfl

Sign in to follow this