NEurope
conzer16

Awesome Browser Add-on

This is probably the best add-on I have ever seen for Firefox.

(It has versions avaible for IE, and Safari as well)

It's called pic-lens and according to it's own blurb:

PicLens instantly transforms your browser into a full-screen 3D experience for viewing images across the web. Our new interactive "3D Wall" lets you effortlessly drag, click, and zoom your way around a wall of pictures for an extraordinary viewing experience. The new search box lets you search the Web in full-screen using Google, Yahoo, SmugMug, Flickr, Photobucket, and DeviantArt. Just type a query and view all the results in the PicLens wall.

Which pretty much describes it to a "t"!!

It's available here for Firefox and here

for the others!

It's brilliant!

It's awesome, I installed it last week.........well impressed with it.

I don't get it. :S

Its an unnecessary but good looking browser add-on that allows you to view slideshows of images you search for in google.

The Safari Version doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it only works in version 2 like the other browser add-on this company makes.

Well it really built itself up to be something decent when infact it's just a bit pointless.

I personally do think it's great. It's a great little feature to have, and for me when looking for a certain ideal reference image for something having the option to quickly skim through 10-20 pages of google images on the fly without having to click on each page separately is truly great. I also think it adds a decent feature to facebook profiles, when you don't want to click through every image you can just look at all the thumbnails on one page and click on what grabs your attention.

The app also doesn't force itself on you. It's just a nifty little extra option to have while viewing images............you can obviously still just browse normally, and whenever you want that view just click the play button.

Well it really built itself up to be something decent when infact it's just a bit pointless.

I imagine someone who was good in Photoshop learned *whatever this is programed in* and this is one of his first proper projects.

*Installs*

*Runs off to the Hot People Gallery to test*

*does the same*

OH shit!! ITS AWESOME!! I can not think of a better way to see Misa Campo pictures on google image!

*does the same*

If you want a full screen, 3D experience, you can look at me in the nude.

If you want a full screen, 3D experience, you can look at me in the nude.

i dont think the very small images look too good when you stretch them to full screen... :wink:

seriously, this is a really good browser add-on... once i'd worked out how to go to the HTML link for the image i was viewing ~ awesome!! works great for google images, and in facebook, if yu mouse over someone's profile pic and click the piclens button it just shows you all their photos :grin:

fantastic!

great find!!!

I imagine someone who was good in Photoshop learned *whatever this is programed in* and this is one of his first proper projects.

Huh? Is that ment to be a little dig at me?

It's well done. I like how you can search deviant art aswell.

Runs smooth aswell, probably just have to give it time and it'll grow into something more.

If I remember correctly that thing is a virus of some sort...the "3D-Cube tabs" add-on is enough for me.

I'm on deviant art a lot so it is nice to search with but it is still rather pointless.

Works well on facebook albums too.

If I remember correctly that thing is a virus of some sort...the "3D-Cube tabs" add-on is enough for me.

Well it's on the actualy Firefox site so I doubt it's a virus. Also plenty of people have it so I think it's safe.

What are these magical 3D cube tabs that you speak of, and where can I procure a set of my own?

I think he means the "Tab Effect" add-on (do a search). It's nice, but it's beginning to annoy the hell out of me!