NEurope
Kirkatronics

Zero Punctuation!

Why aren't there any war games starring characters who are deliberately homosexual?

Why aren't there any war games starring characters who are deliberately homosexual?

If this counts, Ike from Fire Emblem is believed to be homossexual. Of course, nothing conclusive. :heh:

If this counts, Ike from Fire Emblem is believed to be homossexual. Of course, nothing conclusive. :heh:

Really? Where do the suspicions come from?

Really? Where do the suspicions come from?

Mainly from his supports with Soren. Apparently these two get pretty emotional.

But if you notice, Ike is pretty rude around most women, yet sociable and understanding among most men.

I mean, why did he ditch Marcia like that at the beginning of the game? And why does he laugh at Ranulf's awful jokes? Speculation... :heh:

I haven't played it, but that rather sounds like the standard Yaoi anime setup where they take a clearly hetreo character and do their best to inspire strange teenage girls to write "slash" fan fiction.

Besides, I really want to see what would happen when bratish American teenage boys who haven't hit puberty yet suddenly discover their testosterone soaked hero of the hour has a brief make out scene with his "buddy." Just look at Gears of War for crying out loud. Sweaty, gurning, muscular men as far as the eye can see and only a single, asexual women on the whole blasted planet. I mean, come on...

I haven't played it either, but he can't be gay, have you seen his final smash?! Altough ths shape of his sword is a bit weird.

I haven't played it, but that rather sounds like the standard Yaoi anime setup where they take a clearly hetreo character and do their best to inspire strange teenage girls to write "slash" fan fiction.

Oh, the Soren conversation is clearly "fangirl bait". I'd say his general behaviour around people is more suspicious, however. :heh:

I haven't played it either, but he can't be gay, have you seen his final smash?! Altough ths shape of his sword is a bit weird.

What, Ragnell? It's the only sword capable of penetrating the Black Knight. :heh:OK, I'll stop now.

Just look at Gears of War for crying out loud. Sweaty, gurning, muscular men as far as the eye can see and only a single, asexual women on the whole blasted planet. I mean, come on...

Sounds like regular military marines, if you ask me.

(Thanks for keeping this updated Martinist Id miss them otherwise) :)

Good episode this week. Liked the very last sentence. :heh:

I love No More Heroes, my favorite Wii game so far, I disagree it's a GTA clone though.. Yes there is the city element, but its far from the main point of the game.

I love this guy. I've not been watching them long but I've caught up on old videos. He's always right in them aswell.

Best part of this was him playing Assassin as the outtro <3

I love this guy. I've not been watching them long but I've caught up on old videos. He's always right in them aswell.

Quoted for truth.

Everything he says in the Guitar Hero III vid is true, especially the bit about Clive Winston. :bowdown:

Gah. I've got so many games to get, especially on the Wii. The faster Gamestation starts putting all the games I've missed in the 2-£40 range the better.

I have not played Condemned 2, but every single thing he said about Fahrenheit is exactly true.

Just one thing...Hadooken? :heh:

I have not played Condemned 2, but every single thing he said about Fahrenheit is exactly true.

100% Agreed. I was enjoying the game a lot, got to the "half-way point" and just thought "huh?"

Though I adore it, I reckon Mass Effect is partially guilty of the same thing. It starts out with you tracking down a rouge government agent turned terrorist, but the real culprits turn out to be PSYCHIC PLANET EATING MACHINES FROM BEYOND. And you just think "Oh... ah well."

Yeh, Ryu Ken style

BIG BALL OF ENERGY FOR NO REASON RWAR

What I found odd was the pronounciation "Hadooken". I usually pronounce it similar to "Hadohken".

Though I adore it, I reckon Mass Effect is partially guilty of the same thing. It starts out with you tracking down a rouge government agent turned terrorist, but the real culprits turn out to be PSYCHIC PLANET EATING MACHINES FROM BEYOND. And you just think "Oh... ah well."

Usually, when the final villains are supernatural beings, I don't mind if they introduce them with slight hints over time, and let them sink for a while, before actually starting to fight the threat.

In Fahrenheit and the like, they introduced and explained it suddenly, and everything else was clearly rushed. Mystic cults, living machines, conspiracy theories, Matrix-styled superpowers, sudden sex scenes...

You don't play/watch many Sci-Fi things, do you?

You don't play/watch many Sci-Fi things, do you?

I know, I just thought it might be a bit different. There's nothing wrong with psychic planet eating robots from beyond, I just feel like there's plenty of room for more subtle futuristic plots that needn't rely on sheer scope to make it important to the player. Does the entire galaxy/human race always have to be at stake? Does it? Does it really?

Does the entire galaxy/human race always have to be at stake? Does it? Does it really?

The game is a big homage to cheesy 80s Sci-fi. So, yes.

Hope this conversation didn't spoil Mass Effect for me... Or else!

The game is a big homage to cheesy 80s Sci-fi. So, yes.

That kind of sci-fi is hardly 80's specific though, you could say Mass Effect is a cheesy sci-fi homage to any period, including today. Homage or not, all your ultimately producing is cheesy sci-fi when it could be so much more.

Hope this conversation didn't spoil Mass Effect for me... Or else!
I wouldn't worry, a lot of Mass Effects joy is in it's characters, and there are plenty of smaller plot details to enjoy. Besides, it's only the first in a story trilogy.