NEurope
Kirkatronics

Zero Punctuation!

Zero Punctuation is The Escapist's groundbreaking video review series starring Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw. Every Wednesday Zero Punctuation picks apart the games so you don't have to. Called "hilariously cutting ... first legitimate breakout hit from the gaming community in recent memory" by Boing Boing, see why reviewers love it and developers fear it.

**Click here for the official main page**

He has great short reviews that you can watch in your spare time, be sure to take them with a pinch of salt. They are brilliant and so is his wit

Zero Punctuation: Mailbag Showdown

This week Yahtzee turns the angry, yellow eye on you, the viewer. Particularly those of you who have sent him email crying about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl review.

Tried updating my post and pressed back on my browser, and i t wasnt in the text box any more =[ it listed all of his reviews..

Charlie Brooker has a similar style to him I guess, but he is funnier than Yahtzee and covers a broader range of subjects like, you know, TV =P

Ben ('Yahtzee'), who does these reviews, was one of my best mates at school when I was doing GCSEs. Bit of an oddball, to be honest. But you might have guessed that from his reviews. ;) He moved to Australia six or seven years ago, and haven't seen him since.

Ben ('Yahtzee'), who does these reviews, was one of my best mates at school when I was doing GCSEs. Bit of an oddball, to be honest. But you might have guessed that from his reviews. ;) He moved to Australia six or seven years ago, and haven't seen him since.

And that is the biggest claim to fame you will ever have. Savour it. (jokes)

And that is the biggest claim to fame you will ever have. Savour it. (jokes)

I'll have you know, I was on Songs of Praise three times when I was younger. Now that's a claim to fame. ;)

Hahaha, I was just thinking yesterday, who actually watches this crap? Hell more to the point, who goes on it o_O No word of a lie ;)

Mike... you were in the presence of the great Yahtzee?! Oh mannn.

That guy has epicly funny reviews.

It's hilarious reading all this praise for him - he was probably the most unpopular guy in our year at school back when I was friends with him.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in seeing any more of his work, his website is here http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/ , where you can find, among other things, his collection of self-programmed graphic adventures. I've only played the ones he made when he was at school - the Arthur Yahtzee trilogy (where the name Yahtzee comes from) which was programmed in Visual Basic - but I've heard the rest are good too.

Has anyone played the Chzo Mythos and the related Trilby: the Art of Theft? Those games are good. I mean, better than most professionally made adventure games. The graphics are rubbish, and he stole the music from one of those RPG maker things, but he really knows how to use minimum resources to make a cinematic experience. Just have a look at the start of 5 Days a Stranger to confirm this. And the ending of 7 Days a Skeptic is just brilliant.

Just have a look at the start of 5 Days a Stranger to confirm this. And the ending of 7 Days a Skeptic is just brilliant.

Wait what! He made them? Those are some seriously good games.

"...then i and every other reviewer are going to saw it's bollocks off"

it's that oh-so earnest maniacle tone in his threats that i like... :smile:

Wait what! He made them? Those are some seriously good games.

I know, I think he might actually be able to talk given he really knows what he's doing when it comes to games.

I've seen ZP on kotaku before but never watched them. I just watched the GDC one then some others he's done. I wish I'd watched them sooner.