NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf

Download!

haha same most of the bands I like, though I do like the heavier stuff, though charli my mate goes every year and she says go even if you don't see any bands because it's such a nice weekend everybody is nice unless you are a scene/emo kid.

^.^

More acts announced:

Kid Rock

Bleeding Through

Throwdown

The Black Dahlia Murder

The Subways

Kid Rock! :laughing:

YEY KID ROCK

the subways are alright from the few tracks ive heard

the other 3 are meh

Never heard of those apart from the Subways.

I'm just hoping there's going to be some decent bands in the tents at this rate. Maybe a bit of Pendulum or The Prodigy.

That is Kid Rock ;)

Depending on clashes i'll be watching him, could be quite entertaining! The Subways are a great addition, always good live (the bassist is easy on the eye too :p). A must watch for me!

I have seen Bleeding Through and Throwdown at prevoius downloads, both do a decent live show, particularly Throwdown. The Subways are geat live too, bit of a suprise for download though.

Download is looking dreadful! I'm not sure if we're going any more. None of my mates want to go. I love download but the line up is poor so far.

Out of that announcement I like the Black Dahlia Murder and that's it.

Kid Rock. Why? :shakehead

Never heard of those apart from the Subways.

you never heard of kid rock :shakehead ?

Within Temptation

Apocalyptica

Simple Plan

Cavalera Conspiracy

Dillinger Escape Plan

announced

i want to see Dillinger Escape Plan and Simple Plan out of those 5

Meeh, I'm not really feeling the line-up this year, I think I'm gonna hold off getting tickets until they get the days and tents line-up.

Bullet For My Valentine are playing, as are Seether. Both announced yesterday

Pendulum have self confirmed.

Kerrang! have leaked tomorrows announcement early. Biffy Clyro, Fightstar and Madina Lake.

Im loving the way this festival is shaping up. Will be there for sure now!

Hah, the first year a thread about Download made it past 3 pages and it's the first year i'm not going. Been a veteran of it for 5 years now and I personally think it's got shitter as the years have gone by. If there are more than 5 metal bands there i'd be surprised. The headliners are a joke compared to the past, Metallica, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc. The camp life has literally been taken over by scene kids :(. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from going, it's the only UK festival experience worth going to, it's just not the same anymore. I'm off to Rock am Ring in Germany to see RATM, Prodigy, Opeth, Serj Tankian, and Metallica!!

/rant :p

Yes, those famous Metal names of The Prodigy and RATM... :p

It doesn't seem that different from normal really, most of these bands have done Download before. It's just 3 slightly disappointing headliners, but who could they really call on this year? If they stuck to the same acts they normally put on then they'd be doing the same line-up on a 3 year rotation, there aren't very many bands that fit in to the classic image of Download Festival (most of them played 2006, those that didn't did 2007 or have been inactive for 3 years+)

RATM would have been ace, but they were always going to play Reading and Leeds this year. It's more established and a gig that Zak has said he enjoys playing (that, and they pay well)

I think to be fair download is alright, 2006 was the best, but the problem is with a festival you can never quite satisfy everyone, as is very very clear on the forums.

I would love to go rock am, but even they have their faults, all those bands and then kate nash...?

Yes I know i'm not one to talk lol. RaR is definitely not a metal festival but I have to see RATM live, it's like a once in a lifetime opportunity for any fan. Kate Nash, try Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers :p. Seriously some of the bands going made me laugh but i've heard the atmosphere at camp is AMAZING. You're probably right about the bands, usually Download makes up for it with the smaller bands. I have other reasons for not going to Download this year, college commitments. I hope you guys have a good time, but when you've been 5 years straight you need a change. I just hope you guys have fun, I want to see some pics! just for nostalgia :p

Hah, the first year a thread about Download made it past 3 pages and it's the first year i'm not going. Been a veteran of it for 5 years now and I personally think it's got shitter as the years have gone by. If there are more than 5 metal bands there i'd be surprised. The headliners are a joke compared to the past, Metallica, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc. The camp life has literally been taken over by scene kids :(. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from going, it's the only UK festival experience worth going to, it's just not the same anymore. I'm off to Rock am Ring in Germany to see RATM, Prodigy, Opeth, Serj Tankian, and Metallica!!

/rant :p

100% agree. Download just seems a bit crap this year. Every year I've been (and I've been since 2004, I think) it's been one of the best weekends of the year. But I'm just not feeling it this year. Sure, there are bands I want to see. I just don't fancy paying all that money to see them. Unless they pull out some top bands I'll be staying at home.

I've never liked any of Bullet For My Valentine's songs. Who are Seether? Biffy Clyro not too bothered about them. Fightstar and Madina Lake...lol.

Wouldn't mind having a dance to Pendulum. Slam is an awesome tune.

Im devided on the Biffy front. Tent headline doing the first 3 albums would be immense. 2nd or 3rd Main Stage playing Puzzle with a couple of token old tracks would be watch-able, but comparatively lame.

Pendulum is the best news i've heard in a while though. Gonna get to see them, Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip and Justice this year. Daft Punk would be the only thing i need to complete the awesomeness, but i don't see them playing any festies that i can make it to or touring :(

And now we have the line-up poster, including stage splits

0F31FA86321F400CB2E6A7AAA43548E3.jpg

My enthusiasm suddenly disappeared. Not sure i'll bother going to download after all, it's expensive, im going to V and Reading and tbh i could probably find better use for the money than going to a 3rd festival.

There's only 3 acts there that i want to see, haven't seen before and won't be seeing at some other point this summer anyway. (JEW, Cornell and Motorhead)

No offence to anyone going but that is one crap festival line up.

And thats coming from someone with a Linkin park sig.. lols and all.

No offence to anyone going but that is one crap festival line up.

And thats coming from someone with a Linkin park sig.. lols and all.

Which is why I've decided to change and go Reading. If I can get tickets that is XD

:bowdown:

I always thought this was a big download fest. With loads of Computers and such.

I was sad when I heard it was a music thing.

Even the smallest LAN party would kick the shit out of this. You have the right idea

I'm still going, with my crappy music taste I like quite alot of the bands going and frankly, I need soemthing to do for my god damn birthday ^.^

I'd go to leeds as well, but I cannot afford both.

Theres a few b ands on their I'd like to see =] Not as good of reading ofc but still its not totally crap. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time nightwolf, its the atmosphere that really makes festivals for me.

Sign in to follow this