NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf

Download!

Nothing to do with opinion. Most, if not all glam rock bands can barely play their instruments, and they spew nothing but pure cheese. Just take a look at Motley Crue's back catalogue:

"Too fast for love"

"Girls, Girls, Girls"

"Dr. Feelgood"

Seriously, don't even try and argue the artistic merit of glam rock; it doesn't exist. The whole genre is nothing but a vapid, overblown embarrassment on the face of what was otherwise an amazing decade for music. Come on, The Darkness pretty much epitomised the attitude of such bands, and where are they now? Nothing but a fucking novelty.

let's get back to playing nice shall we, I don't want this locked because it suddenly turned into the music thread and a bad argument.

do you lot usually come to download by train? Car?

Me and my two friends (who usually have a big gang behind them) are either sharing my car if I've pass by then or a taxi, it'll be expensive, but worth it, fingers crossed.

Hey, it's just a friendly discussion :).

Anyway, I'll be getting the train down with some mates.

Hmm for me the download page isn't loading weird.

I would love to see offpsring there's a long list of bands I want to play which probably won't..bleh, let's hope the rest of the list is good.

Well it doesn't look as bad as last years did at the same time. Honestly, it couldn't get any worse than My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park.

Still I'm not excited by the line up so far. But I'm confident they will start adding some good Metal acts.

I've never been a fan of KISS

I used to love The Offspring when I was younger. I've never listened to them for ages, but they do have a good collection of songs. Especially if they play songs from Smash and Ixnay. Still don't think they should be a headliner though.

Lost Prophets aren't terrible but I'm not a fan of there music.

I'll probably go no matter what the line up's like because it's such an awesome weekend.

Normally drive down and pay a ridiculous amount to park in a bloody field.

God pink on the forums, how rubbish, they could have made it red...jesus. This will mean the main stage is pink apprently...dear god.. my eyes.

agreed din, everyone's told me to not worry so much about the music because either way I'll either be too trashed to realise or be too happy to care.

Possibly both ^.^

God pink on the forums, how rubbish, they could have made it red...jesus. This will mean the main stage is pink apprently...dear god.. my eyes.

agreed din, everyone's told me to not worry so much about the music because either way I'll either be too trashed to realise or be too happy to care.

Possibly both ^.^

That's true! I have a friend who goes with us who doesn't really enjoy the music but he still enjoys the festival. It's all about having a good time with your mates.

The worst thing is the toilets. Awful.

Yeah I've been told, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to cope, haha xD. Oh welllll.

Luckily I may have the whole tent thing sorted ^.^, four man bright orange tent woohoo. haha xD there's no way I'd fit in a smaller one to be honest.

Last couple of years I've just left my tent 'cos I was too lazy to take it down and pack it away. Plus they never seem to go back into the bag they came in! And it means carrying less stuff back to the car.

Oh, that's amother crap thing about festivals: carrying all your stuff. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't take so much alchohol! But that's the most important thing!!!

I hav my own tent aswell. Setting up is easy but my god trying to fit it into that little bag it came in...

haha luckily it's a tent my mate has (why buy a new tent for one year) and she knows how to put it up and whatnot, carrying it out the car to the camp site is going to hurt I do feel.

I have a feeling I'll be trying to get ahold of quite abit of alcohol, god knows what its going to be like considering I'm not much of a drinker anyway (none of this ''your too young'' stuff).

Oh well, as long as it doesn't rain -.-

Turns out one of my friends up here might be going down only if Metallica play. Least I won't be left with a bunch off people I don't really know. (I'm sure your all lovely people)

haha, it was nearly at the point where I was going to have to go on my own, luckily charli my mate at college is coming with me, so it's not too bad.

My mum just came in to ask me about it, she is paying for my ticket and whatnot, which is very very nice of her ^.^

I got a new tent last year. 4-man with annex, cost me £40 in the Millets sale.

Was expecting to have it all to myself at V, but a friend of one of my friends boyfriends (complicated eh?) didn't bring a tent. I ended up sharing it with a guy i'd never met before :nono:

He turned out to be a pretty good laugh tbh, and it beat hanging out with my mate and her bf!

I'm not trying to discuss the artistic merit. Cock rock as you put it, is fun, indulgent, fist-in-the air, and yes, I admit it, cheesy music to listen to, plain and simple. It's great to have on in your car played far too loud in the summer

I like a good variety of rock/metal, from Bon Jovi to Slayer. So, it's everything to do with opinion. I don't expect people to like what I do, but I also don't expect people to tell me that it's wrong to enjoy stuff because it doesn't have what they perceive to be "artistic merit"

You can enjoy what you want, but your advocation doesn't make it any less shit...

You can enjoy what you want, but your advocation doesn't make it any less shit...

Again Bard, manages to change another music thread to his opinion = fact.

Back on subject, I've never been to a festival. My friend at uni wants me to go to download with him, but unless the line up improves I'll politely decline.

[Yes I want more of what would be considered shit bands]

Just for anyone who think The Offspring suck, see them live or you know nothing.

Again Bard, manages to change another music thread to his opinion = fact.

Back on subject, I've never been to a festival. My friend at uni wants me to go to download with him, but unless the line up improves I'll politely decline.

[Yes I want more of what would be considered shit bands]

Hey, if you think something is good, you should be able to back it up, rather than crawling behind your "opinion" and leaving it at that.

Just for anyone who think The Offspring suck, see them live or you know nothing.

I don't care if they play good live or not, doesn't make their music good.

They're a fun live band. I remember when I went to see them at Wembley about 7 or 8 years ago. It was awesome, at the time, but my musical taste has changed alot since then. No doubt I'll enjoy them immensely when I see them again, just for old times sake. Just hope they stay away from Conspiracy of One and the dreadful Splinter.

Me and my two friends (who usually have a big gang behind them) are either sharing my car if I've pass by then or a taxi, it'll be expensive, but worth it, fingers crossed.

i usually go by car....my turn to drive this year :yay: my car is lush in the summer as its got a longgggggggggggggggggg softtop sunroof.

Last time there was 8 of us....but seems like alot more this year we have all been chatting about it down the pub everyones excited and cant wait : peace:

Lostprophets :heart:

as for tent i got a 4 man tent, got a lovely folded chair as well.

took 48 cans last time and were all gone by the friday night :( so will see if can get hold of 3 crates instead

ace ^.^ I hopefully have a bright yellow ford ka, yeah I know, but I'm a girl I'm allowed.

It's gonna be ace, I'm so excited ^.^

guys: drop the argument or take it to the music thread.

Sign in to follow this