Fight With Wire

Mexicolas

Caimbo

Glamour of the Kill

Cry for Silence

Sons Of Albion

Army of Freshman

heard of a few of them *rolls eyes*

fall of troy and from first to last :D will have to check out most of the others

from first to last :heart: it's been a while since I've listened to them, I really don't know the rest at all..shame on me!

i think ive heard of army of freshmen before. cant have been that special if i dont remember what they sound like though lol

Thats a pretty good announcement!

Come on! Announce Weezer! I'll buy a ticket :)

I thought Weezer split up, (again). Or they get back together, (again)?

They got back together, new album out soon. In fact, they never technically split, they went on a 'Hiatus', which is usually code for "we've split up" but in this case was actually "we're taking a break for a few years, Rivers wants to do the Solo thing". Not a great chance of them being added to Download now though, too big a name.

The only thing keeping me hopefull is the guy who organises Reading and Leeds said he couldn't book Weezer because they were already booked for Download. That and the rumoured June tour (which looks highly unlikely given it's now May).

Now the chances of me going now are near nothing. Found out i'm not getting anymore of my travel grant, which I was relying on as the money to go to download.

Lets see if a miracle will happen now :heh:

How do you know that? :confused:

It's a bit late. Plus they are getting ready to release their album. Plus Rivers said they are not going to play any festivals anymore.

Hmm bit worried about going download, it makes me annoyed that I offer lifts to my friend and now she might not be able to get me there because her boyfriend would rather take his mate (i also offered her boyfriend a lift)

great stuff >_>

Some changes and a few annoucements

Friday Stage 3

HIGH ON FIRE

IN CASE OF FIRE

Saturday Main

JOB FOR A COWBOY (up from Stage 2)

SIGN

Saturday Stage 3

JOHNNY TRUANT

ANNOTATIONS OF AN AUTOPSY

Sunday Main

FROM FIRST TO LAST (up from Stage 2)

Sunday Stage 2

LETHAL BIZZLE

ANIMAL ALPHA (up from stage 3)

So... to go, or not to go?

One of my mates is using Download to celebrate his 21st Birthday so he's now trying to get me to go. I can't decide! Already got V and Reading booked and 3 big festivals in one year is mad!

On the plus side there's a few bands i want to see that i can't see anywhere else, it'll be a good laugh with much drinkings etc. On the downside it's £150 + travel + expenses (so basically £300--£350) and i've seen most of the bands i want to see before.

Gah!

On a side note, the site map will be up in the next few days. They've had to change the layout due to complaints about the state the track was left in.

map2.gif

It's gonna be nearly a 2 mile walk from camping to the main stage :hmm:

Yes I heard about the map, it's ridiculoud, though aprpently they've gotten rid of that bridge hill thing when you are wanting to enter camp.

I'm definately not going now and it's quite a relief.

Im still very tempted to go, even more so now i've started listening to some of the bands on Myspace. Stone Gods, Fall Of Troy, Army of Freshmen and Mexicolas are brilliant! Not to mention Skindred! No idea how i've managed to overlook these guys for years!

At the end of the day it's about the music, and tbh im liking this years line-up more and more with each band i start listening to (only crappy one so far was Sons Of Albion, no idea how anyone could actually like them!). Having the camp site that far away from the arena isn't that big a deal, in the 5 years i've been doing the festivals i've popped back to my tent during the day twice (once was to put my tent up). A couple of miles in the morning and the same again in the evening certainly isn't going to spoil my enjoyment of the festival.

Then again, it'll only take one more problem for me to lose all enthusiasm.

Im still very tempted to go, even more so now i've started listening to some of the bands on Myspace. Stone Gods, Fall Of Troy, Army of Freshmen and Mexicolas are brilliant! Not to mention Skindred! No idea how i've managed to overlook these guys for years!

At the end of the day it's about the music, and tbh im liking this years line-up more and more with each band i start listening to (only crappy one so far was Sons Of Albion, no idea how anyone could actually like them!). Having the camp site that far away from the arena isn't that big a deal, in the 5 years i've been doing the festivals i've popped back to my tent during the day twice (once was to put my tent up). A couple of miles in the morning and the same again in the evening certainly isn't going to spoil my enjoyment of the festival.

Then again, it'll only take one more problem for me to lose all enthusiasm.

It's good you've got some enthusiasm and I'm glad you love skindred I think they are amazing.

Maybe I'm abit crazy turning download down, even though she now she'd be able to take me. But I'd rather wait next year again and be going where I feel like I'm not going to be stranded.

I'm still feeling quite old as I don't know any of the acts on...

pix_dlmap.jpg

Hmm, not as bad as i was expecting. Think im 100% going now (finances depending), get there early and camp in Black

i wonder if you can see/hear the 3rd stage good from black camp seems quite close on the map.

Friday -

Black tide

Kid Rock

Disturbed

Rival Schools

Rise Against

Dillinger Escape Plan

Saturday -

Mainstage until pendulum....watch pendulum then head back to mainstage

Sunday -

Animal Alpha

From first to last

Fightstar

Exit ten

Airbourne

Coheed & cambria

Jimmy eat world

Lostprophets

these are the main ideas for each day i got

God I'd love to see rise against again and skindred I'm gutted I'm not going =[

Hey, I'm back if anyone remembers me, I tend to blend in the back.

Who's going to Download this year? Despite the bitching about the line there are still loads of great bands there.

I'm traveling tomorrow for the 2 days of drunken revelry before the festival kicks off proper.

Id be going if my mate had any money. Weekend tickets inc camping going for around £100 quid each on ebay. Gutted

Sign in to follow this