NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf

Download!

might be saving a nice juicy big name for nearer the time when they realise they have only sold 15 tickets

They've sold that many! Can't see a big announcement now. Surely it would have been done before Leeds/Reading announcement.

Wow the lineup is amazing this year. So cheap aswell compared to other European festivals.

What? Which european festivals are you talking about?

WTF, I just told my mum I'd be happy to go to Download as it is a lot cheaper then Reading tickets and isn't sold out. She was like sure, when is it. It's the weekend before my last exam, and she was like 'ohnononono, I'm happy to pay the extra for you to go Reading'

I'm pretty surre we can't afford near £300 at the moment :/

Every year I look at the download line up and wish I was going but this year i look at it and i'm glad im not the line up this year is shit!

The only bands I'd want to see are

Kiss

Offspring

Motorhead

Judas Priest

Jimmy Eat World

I'm going to oxegen this year, still not an awesome line up but still some awesome bands playing like

REM

RAGE AGAINST THE MOTHERFUCKING MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kings Of Leon

The Verve

The Prodigy

Bowling For Soup

The Pogues

this year is shit!

in your opinion :heh:

theres like 15-20 bands i wanna see so far

I think it's doing pretty well, everybody says its everyone year to be honest, friday night will be amazing main stage:

Kiss

Motherhead

Judas Priest

I don't even like those three but come on just to say I've seen them. I've still not bought my ticket, but I'm bloody going.

Oh and my mate told me (she's obssessed with download) that skindred are self-confirmed, but aren't being announced because otherwise nobody will go to the tour.

So hopefully that's true ^.^

indeed it is skindred got annouced today

Rival Schools

Black Tide

Wildhearts

Kids in glass houses

Haunts

Canterbury

Invasion

Slaves to gravity

Twin Method

Skindred

Amon Amarth

WILDHEARTS omg yes!!

Also SAXON self confirmed this week hope thats true

l_4061f5cdab71aae0fb5c0bee0f2bd01b.jpg

I can't get over how weak the line up is this year. The only bands playing who I want to see and haven't seen before are Dillinger, Ash and The Offspring - and i'm at least 5 years too late to see all of those 3 at their peaks.

pity, i have had a great time previously, but dont even slightly want tog o this year.

There is absolutely no one I would want to see. lol

There is absolutely no one I would want to see. lol

oh.

just checked forum nightwolf and theres no update as to when the next annoucement is. But each week now there should be a good few bands annoucements in the run up to download.

one more self confirmed on his myspace -

Lethal bizzle

WHAT THE FUK!! no

theres like a 40 odd page thread about it on the download forum grrr

very unpopular choice that will be

Lol, god why do the majority of metalheads have to be so ignorant about other genres of music.

Lol, god why do the majority of metalheads have to be so ignorant about other genres of music.

I think that the majority of the time. It does ruin the download forums too imo.

I do agree with SOME bands not being at download, because it is classed as a metal/rock festival. But it doesn't mean I want to be a tit about all music except that genre.

beermonkey there's always unpopular choice because nobody has the same music taste, it's just a case of shut up about it or don't go.

like i have a diverse taste in music i dont just like metal / rock if thats what your thinking.

But with lethal bizzle they will stick out like a sore thumb on the weekend.

I remember when 50 cent got bottled to hell at reading it could be the same story all other again knowing the download crowd. (i wont be bottling him ill simply be at another stage)

I think kill hannah and fall out boy are more likely, just like bring me the horizon last year...

Not to mention fightstar, though I quite like fightstar

Im going because theres a few bands I want to see. After the fiasco that was My Chemical Romance last year I can't believe they are so stupid as to put Lost Prophets headlining the sunday!

To have the likes of Testament and Cavalera Conspiracy relegated to 2nd & 3rd (!) stage spots is just plain wrong. Leave the mainstream to Reading, Leeds and Glasto. All we want is one big Metal/Hardcore (punk, not dance) festival. Bloodstock is too small.

Oh yeah, having Jonathan Davis and Cavalera Conspiracy at conflicting times tears my pubes out!

Im going because theres a few bands I want to see. After the fiasco that was My Chemical Romance last year I can't believe they are so stupid as to put Lost Prophets headlining the sunday!

To have the likes of Testament and Cavalera Conspiracy relegated to 2nd & 3rd (!) stage spots is just plain wrong. Leave the mainstream to Reading, Leeds and Glasto. All we want is one big Metal/Hardcore (punk, not dance) festival. Bloodstock is too small.

Oh yeah, having Jonathan Davis and Cavalera Conspiracy at conflicting times tears my pubes out!

lostprophets will go down ALOT better then MCR did. LP's first, second and there new stuff will go down well with the crowd. Its just the 3rd album that they shouldnt play really. LP are one of my fav bands so will be defo watching them.

gutted really that jon davies is conflicting with LP biggest clash of the weekend for me.

but then testament and offspring are clashing as well grr

To be quite honest if lost prophets played their old stuff I'm game, they aren't as bad as say mcr or fall out boy as you might think.

Their new stuff is certainly, but the old stuff is more car music :heh:

I bet now that the chances of me going are slim, a couple of bands I really like will be announced.

Wouldn't count on it mate. Most of the stuffs been announcements, and I don't think they're saving anything *special* for the last few.

annouced

Finger Eleven,

Stone Gods,

Fall Of Troy,

From First To Last,

Big Linda, The Haze,

Between The Buried And Me,

Galvatrons,

Last Supper

Beat Union

Blackhole

Rolo tomoassi

Malefice

Fight With Wire

Mexicolas

Caimbo

Glamour of the Kill

Cry for Silence

Sons Of Albion

Army of Freshman

heard of a few of them *rolls eyes*

fall of troy and from first to last :D will have to check out most of the others

Sign in to follow this