NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

No success - *sighs*

I also had one of those discs , my results with it are the same as yours.

Got the game today in the post yay! The sleeve came with it as well (which i wasn't expecting, i ordered from gameplay). Loved what i have played so far, it seems to load alot more than what melee did.

I started off using the classic controller but now i'm using the knunchuk/wiimote, once i realised i could change the button layout i'm finding using that so much better!

Yeah, after all the hype and speculation and possibilities, character roster is nothing spectacular.

:confused: Were you expecting Geno or something? It really doesn't get more complete than Brawl. I can admit I was a bit disappointed with the clone FSes, TL and a third star fox rep over say another metroid rep, but it's as good as it gets.

:confused: Were you expecting Geno or something? It really doesn't get more complete than Brawl. I can admit I was a bit disappointed with the clone FSes, TL and a third star fox rep over say another metroid rep, but it's as good as it gets.

If you think that the clones are exact replicas, then you're mistaken...they all have unique/individual abilities/moves which are able to make them stand out as different. People need to be a little less hyper-critical and remember that there are plenty of average gamers out there who don't require perfection in a game to make it playable and enjoyable.

I'm not loving the changes they've made to Marth, I'm going to have to rethink my game plan for brawl. Also I get a feeling that all the characters are rather clunky, and most definitely slower than their melee counter parts.

My initial impressions so far are quite positive. Yesterday I went to London and so could enjoy 4 player local brawl with my cousins who too love the Smash series. We've been mainly doing Vs Brawls and at first we found it too hectic, however this was down to there being plenty of new stages and items and so we did not know what did what. So then we left the game for a bit, did Mario Kart Wii and had dinner which by then afterwards...we were craving some more Brawl :) we then did a couple more matches late in the evening and found it much more enjoyable than before. I believe that we just have to get used to the change from Melee and it being slowed down but from there the game is fun and quite addictive.

I really like the co-operative minigames, for example myself and my cousin got the Sandbag to 900m which we were happy about.

yesterday morning I found the Wifi quite laggy, perhaps its my connection but I am not sure. However the most fun experiences for me are still 4 player local Brawl.

Yay, it came today. I got the postcard style thingy with Princess Zelda on, and even got the exclusive sleeve that Game were giving out (ordered from Gameplay). I'll add my FC when I get some play time with it.

mine hasn't arrived yet, either the post is late in the north east (been living away for a while) or play.com suck.

Just got it and so far im liking it. Like with mario kart & strikers i went online straight away.

By the way, on random matches, do we play europeans only or is it the entire world I'm playing?

Olimar is already one of my favorites =)

Woo Hoo! Got It! Went into GAME at 9 and there it was. Even though I didnt pre-order or anything...I still got the special sleve cover and 2 postcard things (Zelda/Zero Suit Samus) which was just an added bonus!

I've already got

luigi, lucario and marth.....

Now to go unlock Snake and Sonic!!

I can't wait!

Woo Hoo! Got It! Went into GAME at 9 and there it was. Even though I didnt pre-order or anything...I still got the special sleve cover and 2 postcard things (Zelda/Zero Suit Samus) which was just an added bonus!

I've already got

luigi, lucario and marth

Now to go unlock

Snake and Sonic

I can't wait!

This is the spoiler-free topic, right?

This is the spoiler-free topic, right?

Yes but the spoilers are tagged, so your not gonna see them unless you click the button marked "spoiler" personally I think we should just merge the two threads now that it's out worldwide.

PIT and IKE are already annoying me, in my brother's hands at least. I hate how Pit's side-B move is endless and sometimes you can't escape (he racked up 100hp with one attack) and the fact IKE is ridiculously over-powered.

Yes but the spoilers are tagged, so your not gonna see them unless you click the button marked "spoiler" personally I think we should just merge the two threads now that it's out worldwide.

Ha, yes, but they're only tagged in my quote and not in the original post! :)

People will still prefer to not know certain things about the game though, so you should keep them separate for at least a little longer. I'm sure there will be people who won't get it until a birthday or others may not play as often to get all the unlockables as quickly as those posting their inclusion, n'est-ce pas?

PIT and IKE are already annoying me, in my brother's hands at least. I hate how Pit's side-B move is endless and sometimes you can't escape (he racked up 100hp with one attack) and the fact IKE is ridiculously over-powered.

Hold the control-stick (later on when you're more comfortable replace that with tapping the control stick) in the direction opposite of pit

From what I've played so far, I believe this to be a superior product to Melee. We shall see if it holds the course.

Well, I got the game yesterday, and it's pretty awesome imo. Although It's really wierd. I think Nintendo were on drugs when they made this game. My cousin and my mate were round my house, and we all had a go at Subspace, what we said pretty much summed it up:

"How do I enter my name?"

"What the hell is that thing?"

"Ouch that hurt"

"Where's the dialouge?"

"Seriously, what?"

"The story makes no sense"

"Kirby owns"

"Where's the dailouge?"

"I don't even know what's going on anymore"

"I think this game will make me go back to drinking"

"Where's the dailouge!?"

You get the idea... :heh:

For Pit do as Flayl said it should do minimal damage then. But yes Pit can be pretty annoying to fight, as he has very high priority on a lot of attacks.

As for Ike, dodging is pretty important to make him miss and attack him when he does. Although this is doable offline, it's pretty hard online as you often can't dodge in time due to button lag. :p

Wow this game is so awesome, can't believe that amount of stuff that's in it. I almost don't know what mode to play when I power the thing up, sooo much to choose from! :heh:

I'm still trying to get to grips with all the characters, think Pikachu is my favourite at the moment, although I don't really like his final smash.

The cut scenes in The Subspace Emissary are just mind blowing! :o

This really has been very much worth the wait.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

ITS SO AWESOME

PIT IS AWESOME, but i love pokemon trainer, very well done!

For Pit do as Flayl said it should do minimal damage then. But yes Pit can be pretty annoying to fight, as he has very high priority on a lot of attacks.

As for Ike, dodging is pretty important to make him miss and attack him when he does. Although this is doable offline, it's pretty hard online as you often can't dodge in time due to button lag. :p

I would have to agree with you there. Both are really hard to play against in the right hands. The key to beating them (and most other characters) is dodging.

Well, I got the game yesterday, and it's pretty awesome imo. Although It's really wierd. I think Nintendo were on drugs when they made this game. My cousin and my mate were round my house, and we all had a go at Subspace, what we said pretty much summed it up:

"How do I enter my name?" In the options menu at main screen

"What the hell is that thing?" A unique enemy only found in this mode

"Ouch that hurt" It was meant to! ( alter the difficulty if you like )

"Where's the dialouge?" Not necessary, make your own mind up.

"Seriously, what?"

"The story makes no sense" It will eventually.

"Kirby owns" As does Jigglypuff, seriously!

"Where's the dailouge?" See above

"I don't even know what's going on anymore" who cares, enjoy beating up those beggars with the buckets!

"I think this game will make me go back to drinking" got to be a good thing then!

"Where's the dailouge!?" No point when most characters have no speaking parts normally anyway.

You get the idea... :heh:

Hope you will too :heh:

Managed to

Finish sub space emissary. Just need to get Wolf Jiggly and toon link to have all the characters. Final boss was tough though.