NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Hey, I know this has happened before and meant nothing, but Brawl is on the Upcoming games list on the main Nintendo Euope web site - still says 2008 but I can hope can't I?

The latest game other than Brawl is Ace Attorney released at the start of May. Fingers crossed......

: peace:

Well GAME still has this for release on 1st of May. And it is showing it on Wii's homepage, saying 26 days to go. Should they not remove it from there if it's not coming out then, as its quickly approaching.

well we are officially in Q2 now you would hope that something would surface for the next quarter sooner or later...

I don't know if this has been posted in any of the numerous Smash Bros. threads, but Smash may have been potentially pushed back to September for Europe.

Just went into one of my local videogame stores and they had Smash Bros. playing on all the TV screens; they are selling imported US versions of the game for £50.

Bloke behind the counter said he'd heard it had been put back til September now!

Course he may have just been trying to get me to buy it!

September was a rumour ages ago was it not? Along the time Reggie had that meal with the press and they took it the wrong way?

Cause i've heard nothing about it being in September.

Yeah, that rumour was pretty much dismissed. And all other evidence suggests around June time. (Such as was posted in the other thread that on Nintendos official website they've listed it under the 'upcoming games' and sandwiched it between games coming out on the 21st of May and the 12th of June, and there are only 4 games on the list.

The thing is someone hears something (like a shop owner), they then don't hear the dismissal and then tell people it's true. Odds are when a release is announced you will probably hear about it here first rather then a shop. ;)

Does anyone really care about the EU release date? The people that has it that is.

I don't mind when it comes out, for the moment I can gloat and invite friends round and view their jelousy. Then again I'll be able to play them online when they get it.

Does anyone really care about the EU release date? The people that has it that is.

Agreed....but I think it's the people who don't have it who do care, which is pretty much us.

Really dwarf', what was the point of that post!

Of course the people who have it don't care when it comes out!

But then a lot of people keep banging on about it so I wondered why.

But then a lot of people keep banging on about it so I wondered why.

Given this is the spoiler free thread, it's safe to say the ones who posted questions/comments here are probably the ones who don't own the game.

And even if you own the game it's still interesting to see what Nintendo are doing with this, the absence of a date is a big deal, so it's interesting to see how they play this and when they do eventually release it.

I don't mind that date, give me some time to play Mario Kart to exhaustion, or at least near exhaustion. At least we now have a date to look forward too.

I'm really happy they released Mario Kart now, but instead of Brawl?...

Tough choice. I do think Mario Kart is the best mario Kart since the SNES one...

Ideally, it's not that great, but I suppose it's still in June. But given my summer starts 1st of June I'd rather somewhere closer to there, but it's still acceptable and not enough to get me to import.

I probably am still not going to get Mario Kart Wii, but may get Zach and Wiki at the beginning of June. It's ok though but I'd rather it a couple of weeks earlier personally.

I'd still import if If I didn't have the game. It's so good.

I know when I get back home in early June (when I'll next be able to play the Wii) after 4 weeks I'll be glad I waited and then not have to worry about freeloader blockages, putting in the freeloader every time I want to play it and many other reasons. Waiting 4 weeks to have the comfort of having a UK version I'll be happy with.

I'd still import if If I didn't have the game. It's so good.

It'll still be an equally good game when it arrives here in june, so I don't mind the wait. And it comes Freeloader-free! :wink: We'll win in a start-up race! :heh:

It'll still be an equally good game when it arrives here in june, so I don't mind the wait. And it comes Freeloader-free! :wink: We'll win in a start-up race! :heh:

LOL. WE also get the added experience of that fresh 'Brawl is amazing!' feeling which will probably piss off the importers and kill their, 'we owned brawl ages ago' bragging rights. Meh I got some awesome stuff to keep me occupied and when i get brawl, it means its over for the rest of my games. Nothing else will enter my wii for awhile.

I think it's sort of an argument where both sides can argue their own position, opinions formed from the situation they are in. I'd be saying the same things if I had waited, but I guess I couldn't.

I think you're in a good position now though where you have all the stuff I've done still to do and discover a few more things for yourself.

Had a great idea for the games launch over here, people should come in costume as their favourite Nintendo character, and then they have a wrestling tournament, obviously with loads of prizes for participants. A real life Brawl, so to speak, do you think I should take this idea to Nintendo?

Had a great idea for the games launch over here, people should come in costume as their favourite Nintendo character, and then they have a wrestling tournament, obviously with loads of prizes for participants. A real life Brawl, so to speak, do you think I should take this idea to Nintendo?

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Where's everyone pre-ordering from? What are the best places to get the game to you on launch? Best price?

I was thinking of Pre-ordering from Shopto.net, where it's £29.99.