NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Yeah, I remember the screen, interesting thanks. When you actually VS someone online though, is there any sort of score ration shown? Like when you play MKDS or PH online, you can be shown scores, Win/Loss/Percentage etc and it also acts as a factor in Rivals matches too, is any of that in Brawl? My real main interest is if there's a win percentage/ratio.

Not off topic at all, saved brawl/replay sounds quite cool! Gonna be interesting to watch some back after playing, would be even more amazing if it one day ends up as a spectator match! That's one of the main reasons I'd record my battles for. Hopefully this'll be here by saturday at the latest, then expect to see me in the online board :D

(I assume spectator matches aren't a spoiler, as it was on the earlier Dojo updates, right? Are all Dojo updates/notices before the Japanese release fair game?)

I really hope that SSBB atleast gets released during May in Europe.

I'm going with June, the website should finish updating next week possbily (Based off Sakurai's initial 'two more months' statment in January) and there being only one more level to reveal and one more character. I'm *hoping* that we will therefore find out next week. But if it is a May/probably June release date then they'll have to announce it soon, at least that's what I'm hoping. :)

I'm going with June, the website should finish updating next week possbily (Based off Sakurai's initial 'two more months' statment in January) and there being only one more level to reveal and one more character. I'm *hoping* that we will therefore find out next week. But if it is a May/probably June release date then they'll have to announce it soon, at least that's what I'm hoping. :)

I didn't really follow the updates, but I sure will miss Sakurai and his Japan Time updates.

is there not an european release date for this yet?

Game online has it listed for 1/5/2008. They actually had Fire Emblem's 14/3/2008 date before it was oficially announced.

Here's hoping eh

A list of "who is the best" apparently. Marth is 3rd which, for me...is AWESOME!

CHECKITONE

I reckon this is going to open a lot of debate...

Did you expect there would be :rolleyes:

Game online has it listed for 1/5/2008. They actually had Fire Emblem's 14/3/2008 date before it was oficially announced.

Here's hoping eh

Hoping, yeah I think that word's the problem ;) I'm still going with June though.

A list of "who is the best" apparently. xxxxx is 3rd which, for me...is AWESOME!

GAAHHH LINK TO SPOILER!

I reckon this is going to open a lot of debate...

Whoa whoa whoa! This is the anti-spoiler topic you fool! Edit yer post >_<

This (Dutch) site has June 25th (2008, though that is speculation on my part) as a release date. I highly doubt this is trustworthy, but hey, a European Nintendogamer can dream, right? :wink:

SSBB on June 25th?

EDIT: There seem to be as much release dates as there are sites. Guess we'll have to wait for NoE to wake up. :hmm:

April 30th

June 6th

There's plenty to keep me busy until it gets released... eventually. I'd rather have it sooner than later, but for me the hype is settling down.

This (Dutch) site has June 25th (2008, though that is speculation on my part) as a release date. I highly doubt this is trustworthy, but hey, a European Nintendogamer can dream, right? :wink:

EDIT: There seem to be as much release dates as there are sites. Guess we'll have to wait for NoE to wake up. :hmm:

Ignore retail sites like Amazon ect, they just guess. Those are not really based on anything at all. The June 6 date was a rumour for about an hour before Nintendo 'denied' it. But retail sites guess so their customers can have a rough idea and put those nice little pre-orders in for their company :) Think about it if pre-ordering a game are you going to do it from a site that has a date listed or one that doesn't? :)

This unfortunately is one of those things you just have to wait for NoE to announce it, everyone else just keeps getting shot down.

I agree. I am feeling the same way, my hype is almost completely dead :/

THis is madness (madness..?). I almost bought Brawl today from my local importer, i took a bunch of games to trade in for it but I just wanted to have brawl so badly, oddly enough they had freeloaders but no Brawl today so I told the guy to put me a copy aside but then Mario Kart is out so soon i duno what to do =[

Here's hoping eh

Actually the Fire Emblem date was known for months, last year it was known. Yea people announced "omg March 14th", but anyone with access to the asset library could see it was March 14th last year when the Q1 schedule was out. Fact didn't that schedule even say March 14th aswell?

I really hope that SSBB atleast gets released during May in Europe.

May = No Chance. Why release Brawl,Mario Kart and Woo Fit in the same month? They'll collide with sales so less profit. Once buzz has calmed down then they will release it.

THis is madness (madness..?). I almost bought Brawl today from my local importer, i took a bunch of games to trade in for it but I just wanted to have brawl so badly, oddly enough they had freeloaders but no Brawl today so I told the guy to put me a copy aside but then Mario Kart is out so soon i duno what to do =[

Go for Brawl. When you get Brawl, Mario Kart will be there to buy, but same might not be said if you get Mario Kart first.

May = No Chance. Why release Brawl,Mario Kart and Woo Fit in the same month? They'll collide with sales so less profit. Once buzz has calmed down then they will release it.

How is Mario Kart Wii coming out in the same month as Brawl when MK Wii release date is April 11th. Wii Fit also comes out in April 25th.

How is Mario Kart Wii coming out in the same month as Brawl when MK Wii release date is April 11th. Wii Fit also comes out in April 25th.

I think the point is it's still roughly within/close to a month of both of those games, I don't see Brawl coming out till late May at the earliest really, although I'm guessing June personally. But with Mario Kart and Wii Sports it wouldn't really make sense to bring out the third big title within a few weeks of those as well business wise.

Ah I meant it would be released pretty much within a month. Brawl will over shadow the other new 'big' games and lose out from it. Buisness wise, it's a stupid move.

What makes me so pissed of is that all of this doesnt make sense. SSBB was announced way before MK Wii and is already released around the world except PAL region. How does Nintendo think while releasing MK Wii/Wii Fit before this game, which was announced way after. MK Wii/Wii Fit should come out in June, not Brawl. I doubt the translation is such a big problem, they should be able to do it within a month or two.

Just cause a game is announced first it dpesn't have to mean it's out first or anything. Your right though, translation should'n't be an excuse, cause if it was translation times, then it would be out here already. The only real reason I can think off is cause they're using EU to print NTSC copies of Brawl to meet demand, then when demand slows down, printing will begin for the release here.

Just cause a game is announced first it dpesn't have to mean it's out first or anything. Your right though, translation should'n't be an excuse, cause if it was translation times, then it would be out here already. The only real reason I can think off is cause they're using EU to print NTSC copies of Brawl to meet demand, then when demand slows down, printing will begin for the release here.

Why would they do that. It would be much cheaper to do such a process in china or regions such as those. heck they probably offshored the translating to those regions too :heh:

No idea, just a theory I made. Reggie(I think) said we weren't getting Brawl because all the factories or something was busy printing MK or WF or along those lines.

Honestly who knows how Nintendo works :heh:

No idea, just a theory I made. Reggie(I think) said we weren't getting Brawl because all the factories or something was busy printing MK or WF or along those lines.

Honestly who knows how Nintendo works :heh:

Yeah Reggie said that as they knew Brawl wouldn't come out in Spring they moved Mario Kart and Wii Fit to there, so odds are they wouldn't start production until those had largely met some form of demand. Meaning (and this is purely speculation) they won't start production on Brawl discs until about May, if it was to come out then.

Dwarf, get the spoilers out this thread. This is a spoiler free thread for Brawl.

But yea agree with you there Invis, they really won't start till the demand has died down. Once it calms down (especially Wii Fit since that will sell the most, MK will die down shortly), so I imagine it would be in May they start producing Brawl.

Dwarf, get the spoilers out this thread. This is a spoiler free thread for Brawl.

But yea agree with you there Invis, they really won't start till the demand has died down. Once it calms down (especially Wii Fit since that will sell the most, MK will die down shortly), so I imagine it would be in May they start producing Brawl.

Hmm but if lots of people take to playing online with MK, then we could find that interest in it doesn't die down for a long while.

I hate when Nintendo Europe pull out the translation card. Honestly, for a game as big as Smash Bros, surely a worldwide release would have made perfect sense, especially for a game that should have been translated worldwide before being released in any territories.