NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

The other thread is getting ridiculous, 9/10 posts are in spoiler boxes. Use this thread to discuss the Messiah of all games, and limit spoiler and game information to Dojo updates. :)

GAME ON!

Todays Dojo update was a bit disappointing :( I want a Euro release date so badly.

Todays Dojo update was a bit disappointing :( I want a Euro release date so badly.

Yeah I thought it was a little disappointing, but at the same time it's definitely an impressive list and that's only the starting music. I wonder how much there is to be unlocked.

I've decided to avoid the other thread, I spoiled a few things despite my best attempts not to, but I couldn't resist opening some of those spoiler boxes! But starting from now, I'm going cold turkey.

Yeah I saw a few spoilers regarding characters but I am no longer going to go on that thread now :heh:

I hope to get Brawl in May. It may seem risky for Nintendo to leave the game in Europe to Autumn/Winter because of games like Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii. Brawl is my most anticipated game this year.

I hope that more gameplay footage are added to the Dojo. They are always fun to watch and put on my Zen :yay:

I think the release date will be May. Nintendo seem to like May, it's been the month of the GameCube and the launch of the Wii's online gaming service. I just have a gut feeling that it'll be out... mid-May.

I hope we get an apology in the form of extra features for the game being released so late.

You mean like several different languages?

You mean like several different languages?

No, more stages, or a bonus mode, or a collectable, or something similar

Ah, a nice quiet spot away from the baying crowds. Desperately need a release date now. Need to know I long I have to wait.

Ah, a nice quiet spot away from the baying crowds. Desperately need a release date now. Need to know I long I have to wait.

I guess untill late Q3

I can't believe people are complaining about the music list. It's great!

Sure, you can't hear the arrangements, but at least we know which are arrangements and which are the originals.

Favourites:

Gritzy Desert - I loved Mario & Luigi: PiT. This theme is probably one of the most memorable. And it fits the Mushroomy Kingdom so well.

Bonus Level (DKC1) - I can imagine brawling to this music. It's pretty soothing, but appropriate for brawling.

King K.Rool/Ship Deck 2 - I didn't quite understand if it's from DKC 1 or 2, but I like both, so...

Hyrule Field (OoT) - I love this theme. It will bring nostalgia for sure.

Metroid Main Theme - Who doesn't remember this one?

Metroid Prime Starting Menu - Another one I love

(Meta) Ridley fight - Two arrangements of my favourite song from the series. Excellent.

Kirby music - I love them all. Seriously. I haven't heard the boss medley, but I'm sure it's good. I just love any of the Kirby songs.

Against the Dark Knight - My favourite battle theme from Path of Radiance is here! Just as it is in the original game!

Melee songs: Dr. Mario, Mother, Fire Emblem - They all rock and you know it

I'd say today's update was pretty good. I'm sure I'm not the only one with favourites among the list.

I can't believe people are complaining about the music list. It's great!

Sure, you can't hear the arrangements, but at least we know which are arrangements and which are the originals.

Favourites:

Gritzy Desert - I loved Mario & Luigi: PiT. This theme is probably one of the most memorable. And it fits the Mushroomy Kingdom so well.

Bonus Level (DKC1) - I can imagine brawling to this music. It's pretty soothing, but appropriate for brawling.

King K.Rool/Ship Deck 2 - I didn't quite understand if it's from DKC 1 or 2, but I like both, so...

Hyrule Field (OoT) - I love this theme. It will bring nostalgia for sure.

Metroid Main Theme - Who doesn't remember this one?

Metroid Prime Starting Menu - Another one I love

(Meta) Ridley fight - Two arrangements of my favourite song from the series. Excellent.

Kirby music - I love them all. Seriously. I haven't heard the boss medley, but I'm sure it's good. I just love any of the Kirby songs.

Against the Dark Knight - My favourite battle theme from Path of Radiance is here! Just as it is in the original game!

Melee songs: Dr. Mario, Mother, Fire Emblem - They all rock and you know it

I'd say today's update was pretty good. I'm sure I'm not the only one with favourites among the list.

compared to the fact Japan got the game today, it isn't good.

compared to the fact Japan got the game today, it isn't good.

They get it on the 31st. Still doesn't ease the pain though =(

Some got earlier copies today

Yeah i know, been through the whole of the spoiler thread. Just wanted to see what was going on here but I get this really depressing feeling just posting in this thread :(

Yeah i know, been through the whole of the spoiler thread. Just wanted to see what was going on here but I get this really depressing feeling just posting in this thread :(

Itd be better if we even had a rough date.

Today's update is nothing special at all. Just a run down of what you do when you enter the Brawl menu. Basically how to set up simple brawl matches including rules, character colour, teams and the other bits.

Meh, I had hoped that they would delay this game another year or so, for all regions. Don't misunderstand me, I'd do anything for this game. It's just that I want to be sure that I won't have to buy, or play, any games after this.

Probably can't be changed without doing the Final Smash. I hope there still is another way.

The only problem with having ZSS from the start of a match is that it leaves you with a pretty rubbish final smash.

I've been listening to the music and downloaded the main theme, and I have to say this probably one of the finest game soundtracks I've ever heard, for it's sheer variety if nothing else.

Is the main theme fully orchestrated by the way? The site credits a conductor but not any players.

I think the release date will be May. Nintendo seem to like May, it's been the month of the GameCube and the launch of the Wii's online gaming service. I just have a gut feeling that it'll be out... mid-May.

Wind Waker came out then too.