NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
michaelarran

Would you like an N64 cartridge reader?

I still have my N64 and all the games, and would gladly pay £30-40 to be able to play them through the Revolutions's virtual console, rather than buy them again.

There was a survey asking about such a device run by Nintendo in the US (Gamecube related, then) last year , so I wonder if such a device is in the works? Maybe that is what was behind the cover that wasn't opened at E3?

Cheers

Mike

PS, and I suppose, it could also be a reader for NES, SNES, Megadrive...

yeah i mean if it will cost you £30-£40 for this thing then you are better off downloading. anyway i never sell my old console. i still have all the working ones.

Yeer i would rather down-load, i have a n64, but i misse dout on some greats, i'll down olad the ones i missed, but they may even up grade them a bit (i'm still dreaming of golden eye on-line)-but the nearest thing will propbaly just be the source mod.

Not a bad idea. The revolution has 2 usb ports so a device such as this should be able to be made. I don't think nintendo will but maybe 3rd parties.

This reminds me of a poll NOA did which definitly hinted at an N64 cartridge reader.

The poll question: If we were to release a new type of Gameboy player which would enable N64 games on Gamecube, how much would you pay?

But i think in the end nintendo went with the back catalogue approach for revolution, but there is still hope for those who want an N64 player, but the poll was a year or two back, so dont expect too much.

I'd get one if they were made. Mainly because all me N64 controlers analog sticks are worn down.

download is the future, just look at iTunes, so maybe we will be able to download ALL of our games

so long as games are cheap enough I'm happy.

I'm assuming any such cart reader would cost, and I'd only want to play 2-3 of my retro games, so I doubt nintendo could release such a reader cheaply enough for me to justify its purchase.

so long as games are cheap enough I'm happy.

I'm assuming any such cart reader would cost, and I'd only want to play 2-3 of my retro games, so I doubt nintendo could release such a reader cheaply enough for me to justify its purchase.

Well I bought a card reader a while back from ebuyer for £2 . So im sure if nintendo wanted to they could bring it out for say £10. As we know the revo can already play n64 games the device would only have to read them :unsure:

It realy depends on how much the games cost. It would be awesome if you got some kind of credit system for online gaming tournements to get games.

If I could play my N64 games and Gamecube games on a Revolution . . .

Then I'd buy one for sure. I really wish they would!

or some sort of device that scans that N64 Cartridge and enables us to download that game for free since we already own it

Why not just copy the cartridge data onto the hard drive?

That would be so awesome: a device that reads NES, SNES and N64 cartridges, just like one of thoses 6-in-1 card readers you have for PCs.

I have my N64 on top of my VCR so I wouldnt buy this unless it updated the graphics and some how included more content. I would just download the games I missed and ones that have had significant upgrades.

i have a n64 but would rather download the game on the N5 or whatever the hell they are going to call it

Sign in to follow this