N-Europe

America Is Doomed!

Slaggis

I just heard a radio interview with Shirley Phelps talking about How everyone is doomed etc etc because of people both being gay, and people supporting gay rights.

She goes on about how they will picket Heath Ledgers Funeral, because God "cut heath ledger off" and now he's in hell. She discusses about how "everywhere his rotting carcus" goes they'll be there picketing.

But, the funniest part is, the radio interviewer brings up her illegitamate sons and she went mental!

I think it's disgusting how she can talk about someone like that, and on a live radio show.

Anyone have any views on them, and the radio interview?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but feel this thread does not exist for the purpose of actual discussion about any particular issue.

How do you mean? I wanted to see what people thought about some of their views, and the people that replied to her on the radio show. It's not a "OMG THEY SUKZ" sort of thing. I was hoping for a discussion.

I think someone with views as strong as her, needs to be discussed. By having an illegitamte son, she's constantly contradicting herself, and when it's bought up she tries to change the subject. It's utterly ridiculous how she thinks they have the right to judge people, yet people aren't allowed to judge them without "going to hell".

Well lets face it, the only possible reaction to what you have just described is to put the boot in. The only choice is if people choose to ignore them or not. How many people are honestly expecting to come in and say: "Yes, I agree, the memory Heath Ledger should exorcised and ridiculed because he played a gay character. I hope he burns in hell."

She's clearly a broken, damaged individual with her own raft of problems. The most anyone can hope to achieve by attacking her is to bring themselves down to her level.

Well, yes. It's pointless stooping down so far as to be at their level. But, It's a wonder how a entire family have come to believe that God has placed them on earth to tell us we're are all sinners and are going to hell.

How did the come to believe this in the first place?

Jesus I wish people didn't give this family air-time. It doesn't help the situation. I remember watching Louis Theroux documentary on it, and sum guy drove past and threw something out of his window and it hit one of there kids. I was pissing my self laughing, I know this kids been dragged into it all. But, if they were picketing outside a funeral I was going to, I'd have no hesitation walking over and kicking the shit out of the twisted, fucked up bastards.

people like this make me completely sick.

...although i love how the presenter reacts to the first caller revealing she's a lesbian to the crazy christian ~ he gasps excitedly....and turns off elton john.

I just heard a radio interview with Shirley Phelps talking about How everyone is doomed etc etc because of people both being gay, and people supporting gay rights.

She goes on about how they will picket Heath Ledgers Funeral, because God "cut heath ledger off" and now he's in hell. She discusses about how "everywhere his rotting carcus" goes they'll be there picketing.

But, the funniest part is, the radio interviewer brings up her illegitamate sons and she went mental!

I think it's disgusting how she can talk about someone like that, and on a live radio show.

Anyone have any views on them, and the radio interview?

Its called free speach. Its what the country is based around. If you dont like it go to some where like Cuba, Iran or China. You might prefere it. If not then just accpet that people may have different views to you wether they are right or wrong.

Its called free speach. Its what the country is based around. If you dont like it go to some where like Cuba, Iran or China. You might prefere it. If not then just accpet that people may have different views to you wether they are right or wrong.

Ok then, so when you die sometime in the future, I'll be there picketing your funeral. I mean, as long as we have free speach who cares, right? :heh:

If she has freedom of speech then everyone else should too. Including the writers, actors, publishers, crew and cast of any film ever made. The fact that she is not sitting there and saying that she disagrees with the content of the film and it clashes with her personal philosophy on life but just condemning it as wrong just crosses the line. Protesting something like this is not a personal view, it shows that you are trying to convince (or scare) people into thinking the same and that my friend is called FACISM.

I'd like someone from the church to come on and tell her off for giving their religion such a bad image. I'm sure there are some lovely christians in the states.

If she has freedom of speech then everyone else should too. Including the writers, actors, publishers, crew and cast of any film ever made. The fact that she is not sitting there and saying that she disagrees with the content of the film and it clashes with her personal philosophy on life but just condemning it as wrong just crosses the line. Protesting something like this is not a personal view, it shows that you are trying to convince (or scare) people into thinking the same and that my friend is called FACISM.

I'd like someone from the church to come on and tell her to off for giving their religion such a bad image. I'm sure there are some lovely christians in the states.

I was mostly comenting on her coment I think it's disgusting how she can talk about someone like that, and on a live radio show..

Im a FACIST? Ok if thats what you think.

I was mostly comenting on her coment I think it's disgusting how she can talk about someone like that, and on a live radio show..

Ah ok fella, sorry. Think we had a misunderstanding there. As you used Haggis' comment to respond to, it seemed like you were saying that her freedom of speech gave her the right to say what she says. Didn't think that you were talking about Heath Ledgers FoS.

Just to clear up, I don't think you are a facist at all. I was saying that I think that she is.

I'd like someone from the church to come on and tell her to off for giving their religion such a bad image. I'm sure there are some lovely christians in the states.

that second caller was christian - and she kicked ASS O_o

I'm sorry, but it is. They are completely disrespecting both his family, and him. How someone thinks they have the right to say that about someone who only just died shows they have no respect for the dead. Yes, free speech blah blah blah, but thats just down right wrong.