NEurope
Jamba

Your N-E Agony Aunt

However you look at it the guy's a bully, and if there's one thing those types hate it's for their comments to be completely ineffectual.

Now I don't mean you should just ignore him — although that's certainly one course of action — as in my experience confronting them with their own ineptitude is far more effective. Relying on wit can be a bit hit and miss as the perfect comment tends to pop into your head just after the fact, although if you're well prepared you could have some stock answers for comments he's likely to make; bullies are very predictable creatures.

Fool the world into believing you can't be hurt and eventually it gives up trying.

Totally agree. I was quite bad at the witty remark come backs. If it requires it, I'd even suggest that you kind of ignore your friends that he's talking to as well. To be quite frank, they should know better than to listen to an arsehole like that.

As for my agony, its all cleared up. Had a nice chat last night, she asked for my trust as she is convinced that 'I am the one'...We're just going to take it easy for the time being. But I love how we 'resolved' these issues by the evening of the same night. Thats a good sign. ^^

Thanks guys for the advice.

And great topic idea might I add. very useful.

:)

Good to see you're happy matey. Must admit though, the "one" talk scares me a little.

Good to see you're happy matey. Must admit though, the "one" talk scares me a little.

Hahaha...Don't worry. I'm happy to be the 'one'. (though she never used that word). Cheers.

Haggis, just stop laughing at anything he says. If it's funny it's quite easy to just think this guys a dick and that joke is not funny. If the dickheads who laugh at his jokes see you're not laughing it might spur them to think the same.If not then these people who laugh are just mindless drones who follow the big guys to get through school life.

You don't know what other friends he may have outside of school. I don't know how well you know him but he could know some other people who are worse than him and smacking him could lead to something bad.

I knew this guy once who I was friends with. Sat in Art together and were good mates. One year he starting saying I had helmet hair. How this was funny I honestly don't know but I just ignored him. I talked to everyone else he hung around with but ignored him. I had to prefect with him aswell so I just walked round the corner and chatted to other people. He now goes to the same College as me. I still ignore him now, everytime he walks by I just look as if he isnt there. He's a hypocritical bastard aswell, when he was saying all that I had long hair. Whats he got now, long hair...

Just ignore him. If he asks you a serious question then reply by all means, al his jokes and shit just ignore.

with friends like that, who needs enemies...

your true friends will understand that your feelings are being hurt, and true friends will also stick with you if you tell them your not straight.

then it's more than likely any relationship with her isn't going anywhere.

Damn right! Grrrr...>(...I won't post the long details, but being in a relationship just made me realise how mentally inept some women of my generation are. Jesus! I'd rather prefer to be asexual or be with a man that has a vagina and tits. :shakehead

Damn right! Grrrr...>(...I won't post the long details, but being in a relationship just made me realise how mentally inept some women of my generation are. Jesus! I'd rather prefer to be asexual or be with a man that has a vagina and tits. :shakehead

If sex and love could be wiped from my memory I would happily go for it :indeed:

QFT. women are crazy. i'm so glad i'm not a guy... or a lesbian. i dunno how you guys do it :nono: kudos.

QFT. women are crazy. i'm so glad i'm not a guy... or a lesbian. i dunno how you guys do it :nono: kudos.

...Sorry, I'm pissed, but no offence to other women.

...Sorry, I'm pissed, but no offence to other women.

christ no, none taken! i'm totally serious. O___O women are nuts. i'm nuts. to be fair, being female is reasonably shit compared to male (i'm sure shaving your face sucks, but come on...) but hormonal craziness aside, most girls "of our generation" (woo~) are indeed "mentally inept."

...i just dont get it ::shrug:

christ no, none taken! i'm totally serious. O___O women are nuts. i'm nuts. to be fair, being female is reasonably shit compared to male (i'm sure shaving your face sucks, but come on...) but hormonal craziness aside, most girls "of our generation" (woo~) are indeed "mentally inept."

QFT! Women need to get a grip, I swear if I hear one more woman moan about periods I'll shoot her. :indeed:

...I think I'm going to cry now. :(

(that was a joke)...But man...It hurts. (psychotic laughter).

Edit: Does a period noticably make any of you women...insociable? Can you tell when you're hormones have gotten the best of you?

...I think I'm going to cry now. :(

(that was a joke)...But man...It hurts. (psychotic laughter).

Edit: Does a period noticably make any of you women...insociable? Can you tell when you're hormones have gotten the best of you?

Theres one girl in particular in my school who goes absolutely nuts when she's on her period. She gets absolutely crazy mood swings. You can always tell. It's quite disturbing really.

That guy I was talking about, he didn't stop after I confronted him. So, he was standind near a really deep bit of snow (between knee and the top of the leg height), I tapped him on the shoulder and pushed him in it. It felt awesome, and he ran off lol!

Though, more and more people seem to just see me as an "easy target" and most conversations now end up with the being the butt of a crappy joke. They think I find it funny, because my instant reaction is to laugh, but I don't! If it keeps happening, I'll just have to, when they do it, tell them I'm not amused and walk off. Maybe then they'll learn if they want to be mates with me, then they can treat with with a little bit of respect.

Way to go Haggis! Shame about everyone though, sucks when you have someonne who has a decent enough sense of humour to be able to take flak and not get all pissy and then everyone takes it too far.

Good on you for sticking up for urself

Theres one girl in particular in my school who goes absolutely nuts when she's on her period. She gets absolutely crazy mood swings. You can always tell. It's quite disturbing really.

This is why most of my friends are male XD

Apparently girls hate it that we (boys) think that every single problem is down to their period.

It's great being really good friends with a girl who you can be so open because she can tell me anything I want to know about girls. :heh:

If you're wondering, it's about 50/50 on whether girls just strip right off in the changing rooms when getting changed.

Girls find it hilarious that we make such a big deal about masterbating.

Girls say they don't do it when asked, but most will have tried it.

They think we're all sex obsessed.

Girls buy expensive clothes which they're only going to wear once because its fun.

kae... i got one for you all...

i'm about to move 6000 miles around the globe - and i'm absolutely terrified.

i mean, i'm really excited, really looking forward to it... but it's the scariest thing i've ever thought about doing.

the prospect of packing all my stuff into 2 suitcases and a backpack, putting all that on a plane and moving it, and myself, to japan... just seems insane... and it's not going to feel real until i'm there - sat on my futon.

i mean, my phone broke the other day and it just made me realise how cut off i'm going to feel when the only way to communicate with home is email... and skype...

and how am i going to hold it together at heathrow? i can hardly imagine the last time i catch the train away from jamba, i can't think of it without feeling so sad my throat hurts... what am i going to do?

It's going to be really hard leaving things behind, I know it's not the same (It's only 200 miles) but when I moved from down south to up north I had a hard time leaving my friends and everything else behind. But when I got here, and a few weeks had passes I began to settle in, and even though I missed where I used to live it felt great being in a new place with lots of new people, and anyone back down south was only an email or phonecall away.

Basically, it's going to take you a few weeks to get over the shock of moving away, but it get easier. Also, remember to say goodbye to everyone, I forgot to say bye to a friend when I left and it felt really horrible. I just spent the last few days before I moved away with my mates, doing loads of awesome stuff, and you should do the same with Jamba.

Anyway, good luck with the move!!

what am i going to do?

Focus on your reasons for deciding to go in the first place. That which you leave behind isn't lost to you forever, but all those new experiences that await you in Japan can't happen unless you go.

You're feeling the worst of it now because the prospect of your move is looming over you. It's hard not to be scared when your brain has so much time to mull over all the worst case scenarios and things which might go wrong, but it will get easier when everything is finally under way. Take heart and you'll pull through; courage isn't not feeling fear, it's being able to overcome your doubts and come out the other side a better person.

Your trip might seem insane right now, but sometimes a little crazy is just what you need*.

*And I'm not just talking about Jamba. *Flees*

thanks guys... (not you jamba, you're no help at all ^__^) it's weird, it's not that i'm thinking of flaking out at all - this is something that i'm definitely going to do... and most of the time i'm really excited about it - it's just that every now and then i go "ARGH!" and completely wig out about it >__<

*pulls self together* BUT! i'ma focus on what i'm looking forward to! for a start!! i'm really looking forward to letting you all know what trouble i'm getting into over there ~ mahahaha :grin:

thanks guys... (not you jamba, you're no help at all ^__^) it's weird, it's not that i'm thinking of flaking out at all - this is something that i'm definitely going to do... and most of the time i'm really excited about it - it's just that every now and then i go "ARGH!" and completely wig out about it >__<

*pulls self together* BUT! i'ma focus on what i'm looking forward to! for a start!! i'm really looking forward to letting you all know what trouble i'm getting into over there ~ mahahaha :grin:

It might not be the same but this is how I feel about uni, sheffield to me is quite a long place to be living away from my parents never mind japan! You seem like a strong person and no matter what I'm sure your family and jamba (even if your no help at all :P) will be there for you, just remember there's always a way to reach someone, because we have planes, cars and trains ^.^

:)