N-Europe

I can't believe they let the Wii slip so far so fast

dannbrownn

From what you are all suggesting then we are looking at quite a depressing line of sequels. Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing are the only ones that will really benefit by being on the Wii compared to its predecessor.

This is why I want new IP. They given us the staples, now its time to mix it up. But as DCK says, there are a lot of studios who are working on "something" we just dont know what it is yet.

I really think Nintendo is done sequelling. There's a Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Metroid, Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem and more out on the Wii. We'll get Animal Crossing and Pikmin next year, and maybe F-Zero. But for the rest, it should all be new IPs, or dead old ones (Kid Icarus) that no one remembers anyway. I'm especially wondering what Intelligent Systems is up to.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I explained myself very well at all :) I wasn't slating them because they were shooters - I love shooters and would never slag off a game of a genre I didn't like, hence why I put "don't like these games" next to Forza, as i don't. Hate GT too but it doesnt stop me appreciating it as a quality title.

My point, badly put, was that pretty much the only really good games on the 360 are shooters. Which bothers me, also why I put not a good list of games - I was talking variety, rather than quality. Obviously the 360 has more great games than the Wii, but for me the great games of the Wii are better than the 360's best and even the 'good' Wi games are more fun to play IMO. I have Pro Evo on the 360 and Fifa on the Wii (I have HATED fifa since the first megadrive game) yet I find Fifa more fun to play. I could continue with more examples (Scarface to Crackdown, Metroid to Bioshock/CoD4 etc, Galaxy to....well, anything) but there is no point.

The thing is, I'm not getting defensive, I just feel people are finding it too easy to attack the Wii, I'm just trying to say it's completely premature, completely unjust and usually without integrity (i.e. not really played many games)