NEurope
Emasher

Broken Nun-chuck

I was playing Mario Galaxy yesterday, and every-time I shook the remote to make Mario do the spin attack the dialogue came up telling me that the nun-chuck had been disconnected, when I held the remote still again it managed to re-connect. I looked closely at the end of the cord and noticed that the connector wiggled around in the port more than it did on the other nun-chuck and the classic controller. Its off warranty as I bought it on launch day, so I decided I would try and fix it myself. One problem though, Nintendo used a 3 point star type screw to fasten the connector shut. I have a set of computer screwdrivers however I cannot find them. Does anyone know anything else that I may be able to use to take out those screws.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Edit: The knife didn't work, the screws are too tight.

You can buy a specific screwer for it, but I'd advise you to contact Nintendo; I recall them having a extended warranty for GC in US (longer than normal for US standards) back in the days.

Just checked, its not covered under warranty anyway.

I have a set of computer screw drivers, I just need to find them. If anyone has any other ideas of how to open it, or had any ideas how to fix it after it is opened feel free to post them.

I think you need a Tri wing Screwdriver to open it. Yeah like what Ash said, your best place to get one is on ebay.