NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Best controller for pc..Not too expensive!

Yeah but Analogue shoulder buttons add for much better gameplay in things like racing games, much better for controlling your speed.

I really dislike those shoulder triggers the 360 has. Much prefer good ol' fashioned buttons.

The shoulder triggers are the best thing about the 360 controller - they feel so great to use.

Just the pad for me in general is so good, it just seems to fit in your hands and everything is in just the right place.

(yes, even the D-Pad IMO)

i think everyone prefers the ps3 controller...
The PS3 controller is a piece of reissued 90s game design. It doesn't make sense for the analogue stick to be where it is. The 360 pad and Wavebird outshine it easily. Hell, even the VC pad's analogue is easier to use.

QFT :heh:

The Dual Shock is a mess of a controller

Nah it's not, why else would they keep it for 3 generations. It's great...much better than the 360 one at least. I hate the 360 analogue sticks, even when changing the sensitivity the accuracy seems really poor. That bulky crap on the back of the wireless pads is a joke too. Makes going back to PC keyboard or PS3 pad all the more pleasure, after whenever I play Halo 3 with my friend.

The best upgrade regarding the PS3 pad is the weight...why on Earth did they used to make controllers unnecessarily weighty? Saying that though the gamecube controller is better. That really is a lesson in molding the shape to accomodate the hand.

Nah it's not, why else would they keep it for 3 generations.

Because when they try they mess it up.

What I don't like about the PS2 controller:

1. The analogue sticks. The grip on them is pretty poor and they don't really seem to have much sensitivity. I can't actually remember using a PS2 stick to tiptoe-walk-run.

2. The placement of the left analogue stick. The D-buttons are in the primary place. Why?

3. The D-buttons. They just don't work too well.

4. Circle and Square. Their placement isn't very memorable.

5. The prongs. They're uncomfortable to hold. The PS1 prongs were much better.

why on Earth did they used to make controllers unnecessarily weighty?

Because they feel better with a bit of weight to them.

Because when they try they mess it up.

What I don't like about the PS2 controller:

1. The analogue sticks. The grip on them is pretty poor and they don't really seem to have much sensitivity. I can't actually remember using a PS2 stick to tiptoe-walk-run.

2. The placement of the left analogue stick. The D-buttons are in the primary place. Why?

3. The D-buttons. They just don't work too well.

4. Circle and Square. Their placement isn't very memorable.

5. The prongs. They're uncomfortable to hold. The PS1 prongs were much better.

The PS sticks have undoubtedly the best grip of them all. They're covered in what feels like sandpaper, something rough at least. The 360's is just a groove...really not the best IMO. The D-buttons are relatively obsolete, rarely ever used in pinnacle situations, often just when cycling through things on the fly when you're not in the heat of a battle. This means it doesn't matter much if they're not good. The main stick could be there instead, but IMO it doesn't feel like I'm stretching when I'm using the sticks.

As for the weight...we are used to weight, so we expect to feel it. But if you use the PS3 pads a lot you appreciate holding something lighter, because it's easier. The PS2 pad feels like a brick in comparison. As for circle and square not memorable? :shakehead I would honestly be concerned if people hadn't memorised the button layout since the original Playstation release!

I think the PS pad has been chiseled away at since the original D-pad version with the PlayStation. It's definitely better now, but not a whole different model. If people complained about the PS pad being crap, it would have been changed. Just happens that it's a hit and people really like it. I admit the shape could adjust the hand better like the gamecube, but luckily it's not like the 360's. I really hate the 360 pad. :(

I have one of these, http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/114167/Play-com-USB-Dual-PS2-to-PC-Convertor-XP/Product.html

Its for PS2 pads, works very well and seem compatable with any games I throw at it (and at £6.99 with 2 ports on the adaptor for two pads its pretty sweet).

The PS2 pad is light years a head of the generic PC stuff and a pretty good pad in general obviously. Ive never really used a 360 pad yet though.

Some things about the 360 controller:

1, the Play and Charge kit ONLY gives power, thats all it does when connected to the 360 wireless pad.

2, Its a really, really light pad. Just take out the battery pack :p.

I've had a PS3 for about a month now, i just can't get used to that pad after i go back to the 360 one...

I would honestly be concerned if people hadn't memorised the button layout since the original Playstation release!

Well, there me and all my housemates. And yes, we do have a PS2 in the house.

I've never been a great fan the PlayStation pad in any form, the 360 pad is easily the best pad I've ever used

I wish they would just swap the d-pad and the left analogue stick on the PS controller.

I agree with Daft, also, the PS analogs don't feel like they have enough.. "grip" to them, they move around too damn easily, like it was Cube (i think) that said he barely ever walks slowly in PS games.

Sign in to follow this