NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Best controller for pc..Not too expensive!

Right, I've tried and tried but I just cannot get used to playing GTA nor Pro Evo on the PC using the keyboard and a generic ps1-alike controller I have.

Therefore I'm looking for a new controller. I don't want to spend more than £25 tbh though. When I was in the highstreet GStation/Game and PCworld suggested an XBox360 controller all the way. Is this really the best bet? And how does that work? isn't it wireless...does that mean it has to connect via bluetooth everytime or something? Confussled.

Any ideas/links would be greatly appreciated... £25 or below only though. And I'm guessing I'm gonna need dual analogue.

I've got a PS2 controller and an adapter which plugs into the USB post. Works awesome for Pro Evo. Not sure about GTA. But if you've already tried a PS1 like controller it doesn't sound like I was much use.

I've got this for £8...obviousy it doesn't come with a controller.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009J1JAW/pgvideoret-21/ref=nosim

I think the 360 pc controller come with a wireless USB adapter but I may be wrong.

Get a wired 360 one...

Or do this! lol

When I was in the highstreet GStation/Game and PCworld suggested an XBox360 controller all the way. Is this really the best bet? And how does that work? isn't it wireless...does that mean it has to connect via bluetooth everytime or something? Confussled.

You can get the wired version of the 360 controller, which is probably less than £20 now, or you'll need a special wireless reciever.

Edit: Ark! I forgot to refresh.

360 pad, wired or wireless with adapter ftw, there really isn't any need to get any other pad for PC other than that imo.

Yeah, the 360 pad owns all. It's a really good pad. The cheaper ones simply aren't worth the money they save you.

Is it possible to use the play & charge kit as a connection from the wireless 360 controller to the PC, or is the only way it'll work with a wireless receiver?

Nah I've tried that it dosn't work, I've got a crossfire adapter aswell pretty good.

Is it possible to use the play & charge kit as a connection from the wireless 360 controller to the PC?

Nope ope...0pe...ope.....

Cheers guys. And yeh, thinking that really does suck that it won't connect using the Play & Charge. I don't think I'll bother picking the wireless receiver up, instead I may as well just get a wired controller, as currently only have one 360 pad.

I was annoyed about the play & charge thing too, it'd make sence for it to work.

Right, picked up a wired 360 controller. Nice.

Shame it didnt work with GTA:San Andreas though...I had to download all-sorts of configurations and a programme called Pinnacle Game profiler to get full analogue support etc...Well worth it though..Even though I've never been a fan of the fang like (dreamcast inspired) shoulder buttons.

If you have a PS3 controller, it comes with a USB cord for charging. This also allows it to be played on the PC straight out the box. Just need to download a driver and presto. Good for me because I like it a lot more than the 360 controller. :smile:

Sign in to follow this