NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Supergrunch

Needed: cheap digital camera

So yeah, I want a cheap digital camera. I'm talking really cheap, like around £50. (if such a thing is possible) I'm (obviously) not too bothered about quality, and having a display screen would be a bonus but not a necessity. I'd have a hunt around myself, but I don't want to end up paying for a lump of plastic with a mini USB port...

So I request your pro skills!

Samsung S85 is very good but it's 80 pounds.

They are, I got one last week, well worth the money.

Unless it's graphic pics of you having sex with the fish then no, you haven't broken any rules.

Don't give him ideas.

Really good samsung camera for 50squid!! Click me now!

I get a broken link...

Anyway, will look more into this S85... what does it do that a cheaper model wouldn't?

I get a broken link...

Anyway, will look more into this S85... what does it do that a cheaper model wouldn't?

Take good pictures.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001001&langId=-1&searchTerms=samsung+d75&x=0&y=0

78-5607422A68UC425839M.jpg

You should only get this camera for £50... I love it. Fiddle with the features a bit to unlock its full potential, it has an array of features that TRULY add to the quality of the pics. Only downside is the amount of power from AA batteries it needs...But you can't go wrong with rechargables.

PMA08 is starting 31st to the 2nd Feb. If you wait till after that most of the cameras you see now will probably go down in price because of the newer models that will be announced/will come out.

Most companies have already released press releases with new cameras coming out.

Whatever camera you fancy try checking out dpreview. They do good reviews and compare cameras, well for the D40X vs the EOS 400D they did. Not sure if they compare the cameras you're after.

Well, I finally bought one - a Samsung S630 which is 6 mega-pixels:

31D0PrEoJmL._SS400_.jpg

Amazon are selling it for £45, it does everything I want, and I've scouted around for reviews and they all seem pretty positive, though it does apparently have some minor battery life problems.

Sign in to follow this