NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Factor 5 Are Back!

Even if the game is shit at least they'll shut up those who say Wii is GC 1.5.

Like themselves :heh:

Seriously though i find it strange, nearly everyone has mentioned how their last game (Lair) sucked, yet at the same time excited that they want to work on the Wii... what if they just gave use "Lair Wii" :heh:

But the prospect of the people behind Rogue Squadron working on Star Fox is very appealing

I also doubt I want them writing the game script. Hey, it's no shame what I'm saying, Retro-Studios got a lot of support from Nintendo when doing Metroid Prime, and they still recieved it on Metroid Prime 3; no big changes could be made without Nintendo approving it; and I believe that also results in better quality.

That i'd agree with, a western developer might westernise the story. As long as they keep the story down to the main arc + some branches and stop trying to build a story around the characters i'll be happy. Nobody cares about Krystal and Fox's relationship! I'd be happy with the smack talk and banter from Lylat Wars :p

Im sure they'd cope fine with the gameplay mechanics, space battles are what the Factor 5 is most practised in. Even Rebel Strike managed that brilliantly...

Seriously though i find it strange, nearly everyone has mentioned how their last game (Lair) sucked, yet at the same time excited that they want to work on the Wii... what if they just gave use "Lair Wii" :heh:

But the prospect of the people behind Rogue Squadron working on Star Fox is very appealing

That was actually Sony's fault.

They pushed the game out early, not finished and with terrible controls with no option to use the analogues.

Warhawk can use motion controls, they're terrible also. But you have option to use analogues and the games brill.

Like themselves :heh:

it's funny cause they said soo many different things about Wii. First, they were disapointed because the sound/graphics were bad, then it was gc 1.5, then it was very very capable,now they're working on it. lol

i sincerly hope they are not making a star fox game. nintendo needs to stop shipping that franchise around to other developers. nintendo themselves are clearly the only people who are capable of making a sick new star fox game.. jeez give them their own franchise they can beef up and bring new ideas to the plate. just like they did with metroid and retro.

i really want a Rogue Squadron game for the wii where you can push the buttons on your ship ( like in metroid prime ) and fly around stuff like that , online battles

and they have to use the wii graphical powers to the limit enough said now make the game!

Yeah, seriously, how about something? As much as I love Lylatwars or Pilotwings a good new IP for the Wii would be even better.

As for Nintendo helping other software parties, I'm pretty sure Rare got all its fame thanks to Nintendo. But I doubt they will give any help to a third party.

Great news to me. I've always found F5 to be a very respectable developer. Tbh, I haven't really played much of their games, since Im not much of Star Wars guy, but I liked what I've seen thus far.

Haven't their best games been on a Nintendo platform anyway? So Wii + F5 = (near) instant win to me. Since Wii is based on the same architecture as the GC and they've been involved in the developed of the GC (Wii as well?), they basically knows it inside out.

I've no doubt whatever game they churn out, I'll be a real looker and shows the world what Wii is capable of. I just hope they take their time to polish the controls and make the game fun to play.

As for what game it'll be? Honestly, I dont wanna see a Rogue Squadron game. We've seen too many of it already, I want to see something fresh. Something a bit more gritty like Disaster was heading (and we haven't heard anything about for a long time). I wouldn't count out Pilotwings as at one time they were supposed to be developing it. But IGN says it's no Pilotwings.

So either it really is something new or it could be the Turrican/Thorn game they've been planning/working on since the end of the N64 era. Maybe it'll be 'our' Bionic Commando game :P

Whatever it is, I bet (and sincerely hope) it isn't a casual type of game, haha!

Rogue Squadron, best looking Gamecube game. I won't forget the Battle of Endor, turning around to see 3 Star Destroyers and a myriad of tie fighters which I had to take down.

Magic.

This is flipping brilliant news.

The Rogue Squadron games (well the first two at least) are some of the best games ever made IMO so I hope its a new RS game are possibly Starfox as people have already said.

Iun is cautiously pleased about this. However, in punishment for past crimes, Iun insists that Factor 5 be renamed to "Factor 1.5".

Well it hardly comes as a surprise after the flop that was Lair, they need something with a little less monetry risk than a PS3 or 360 game so the Wii makes perfect sense. Even if they were just to use their knowledge of the Gamecube hardware we would end up with a game looking twice as good as most of the other stuff on Wii, if they really try and push that extra oooomph out of the Wii then we may see the best looking title yet...

But one question does remain, after Lair showed the Rogue Squadron gameplay formula is now a bit dated, repetitive and boring. Do Factor 5 have it in them to produce something that they havn't been recycling for the last 10 years?

I'm over the moon about this, lets just hope it's not as rubbish as Lair! They should never have gone in the first place, and they certainly shouldn't have slagged off the Wii.

However they have returned, a bit like the prodigal son!

and they certainly shouldn't have slagged off the Wii.

Am I missing something?

They said that developers were to blame with poor graphics on the Wii and that the console is capable of much more than we see. They said that they could get much more out of the system.

It's time for them to prove that they can.

Iun is cautiously pleased about this. However, in punishment for past crimes, Iun insists that Factor 5 be renamed to "Factor 1.5".

Factor 4.9

Word on the proverbial street is a brand new Turrican game.

It WAS true. They were taking about a Turrican sequel for the cube called Thornado. All that ever was released though, was a few scetches. It was announced to be moved to the Revolution, and then nothing.

Kinda like Sadness.

It WAS true. They were taking about a Turrican sequel for the cube called Thornado. All that ever was released though, was a few scetches. It was announced to be moved to the Revolution, and then nothing.

Kinda like Sadness.

Doesn't a wall full of sketches for a new Turrican game hanging the office make a sequel more likely though?

I don't know what everybody's problem is with the GameCube 1.5 statement. We all know that the graphical power of the Wii isn't something to be especially proud of, and although saying GameCube 1.5 is a hasty conclusion, supposedly isn't it inaccurate, considering there's 'just' some improvements in the graphics chip. Games can be quite pretty on the Wii, but as a PS3 developer I would've said the same thing; factually it isn't wrong - it's just a bit too simple. They never criticised the controller, and that's where the Wii's strength is at, so I'm completely fine with Factor 5.

What I really want Factor 5 to do is to make a licensable middleware engine, so third parties have some good material to make games, instead of ported PS2 engines. They have had a reputation of more general games technology development, so I hope they consider selling the new engine they're making.

As for the game, I'm with Shino. I'd rather have a new IP, and let some other studio bother with Star Fox.

The second one isn't very flattering.

it weas also a luanch gamecube title from 2002... Most developers nintendo included should be ashamed.