NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

DOOM : The Movie (spoilers)

Well i just seen Doom the movie, and i have to say, if you thought resident evil was bad, then you'll really hate this, its not very good at all.

The whole film is pretty boring, lots of talking and walking around those ever-so-boring corridors that makes up Doom 3.

The action scenes are pretty boring up until the last part of the film, when it goes into an FPS style view, and you see him kicking shit out of all dooms creatures, and chainsawing a wheelchair bound monster to death.

Then, the rock has a big old fight with one of his Swat team, and gets blown up, tottally loses track of the whole doom thing going on around them..

Special effects are pretty good, but nothing that hasnt been seen before, except the FPS scene.

Something that annoyed me in it, was it was all futuristic with walls that can be walked through and changed to this like watery glass stuff, but the games console he is playing on is playing pong, and looks like a white game gear with more plastic and tackiness.

Best bit : when he finds the

BFG

, its quite powerful, but the rock being the rock, misses...........

thats all i have to say really, anyone else seen it can comment and tell me if you enjoyed, and why? i cant see anything thast makes this that good, unless your obsessed with the doom games.

i wanna go see this, not cos im obsessed with the Doom games, infact the last doom game i played was on the Snes i think.... but yeah i like the rock, he is a hero in my eyes! and i wanna see the FPS scenes and see if it works.

I'm off to go see it when it's out with my friend Carly. Even maybe on Xbox 360 launch day. O_O

Come on the movie wasnt that bad much better than Resident Evil but still not great.

It was worth the $9.50 I payed to see it.

I'm going to see it, looks like a laugh. Though why it's not showing in any cinemas near me is puzzling. I take it, it's out now...

i enjoyed resi evil 1 the movie. i will see this cause i think the Rock is brilliant.

Come on the movie wasnt that bad much better than Resident Evil but still not great.

It was worth the $9.50 I payed to see it.

!!! that's £6.00!!!

It'd have to be really good for that!

I might go and see this; I liked Resi 1 (and Resi 2 was meant to be a bit better still, i think)!

Then, the rock has a big old fight with one of his Swat team, and gets blown up, tottally loses track of the whole doom thing going on around them..
That's the SWAT team guy getting blown up right??

Anyone know when this film's out in the UK?

That's the SWAT team guy getting blown up right??

no, the rock gets blown to bits by his swat team, he turns evil in the end and trys kil innocent uninfected people, its quite classy how they blow him up tho, put him in teleporter, then chuck a grenade in after him.. boom

!!! that's £6.00!!!

It'd have to be really good for that!

Actually it around £4. $9.50 Australian dollars not US.

How much do you guys pay anyway full price movie over here is like $15 or somthing (havent payed full price in years)

I've heard this is pretty crap

What do you guys reckon is the best Game>Film?

I would probably have to say Resident Evil 1 myself. Although that may change when I see Final Fantasy: Advent Children which I've heard is very good

The Resident Evil film was a bit naff (I probably would of liked it more if it wasn't based on the games).

Advent Children was pretty good but I hardly remember FF VII's storyline and the action scenes were a bit too 'Manga-ish'.

FF: Spirits Within is the best Game>Film for me, with Mortal Kombat coming up a close second, anything else is pretty crap.

EDIT: I pay 5 pounds at my local Odeon with my student card (6.50 normally).

Spirits Within, I was really let down by that film... especially the storyline. However it looked fantastic! Mortal Kombat was pretty good I must agree however the sequel... My god that was pure shit in a can

FF: Spirits Within is the best Game>Film for me, with Mortal Kombat coming up a close second, anything else is pretty crap.

Spirits within was nothing like a Final Fantasy, also, Advent Childen, in my opinion, was alot better.

i liked the mortal kombat films, and resi evil 1 was ok, it was watchable.

In my opinion there is yet to be a good game to movie, only some OK ones. But onece there isa good one I'm sure there will be many to follow like with comic movies. I one is sucessful then others will try to cash in.

Sign in to follow this